Author Topic: The trolls need to be stopped  (Read 7657 times)

sonofoz

• View Profile
Re: The trolls need to be stopped
Reply #15 on: July 22, 2019, 02:29:56 PM
Why should someone suffering from a terrible connection, for example, quit, lose MMR rating and be penalised, when the team could surrender?

- because maybe their own ping is not bad and they can make it, even without you.
- because everyone don't have to be a selfish useless team mate.
- because there is no fckg suffering in quiting a game, if 5minutes of your life are so precious, don't lose it on video games.
- because it's the definition of greater good : if it must have suffuring, so chose that the few suffers for the good of a majority and not the contrary.

Selfish players, in my opinion, are the ones who are ruining the game for other players

yes, and that's exactly what maniac surrenderers, no reason quitters and suicidal players are doing to others : ruining their games.
but selfish capitalist can't understand that. =)
they think their pleasure and wining are the priority of everyone.
"omg ! i won't have my best score on this match, EVERYONE don't be selfish, surrender ! don't make me lose time, even if it's your BP or chest mission, who cares ??? I AM LOSING TIME AND NOT ENJOYING IT ! DON'T BE SELFISH !!"

yeah, you're right, that's certainly a good way to see things... =)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 03:26:30 PM by sonofoz »

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: July 22, 2019, 08:42:40 PM
yes, and that's exactly what maniac surrenderers, no reason quitters and suicidal players are doing to others : ruining their games.
but selfish capitalist can't understand that. =)
they think their pleasure and wining are the priority of everyone.
"omg ! i won't have my best score on this match, EVERYONE don't be selfish, surrender ! don't make me lose time, even if it's your BP or chest mission, who cares ??? I AM LOSING TIME AND NOT ENJOYING IT ! DON'T BE SELFISH !!"

You're right, with the new update you'll lose the treasure if you quit anyway(either by leaving or surrendering), so trying your best to carry low rank teammates is the best option for now.

In this game we're all in the same sinking boat, only the players can help themselves.

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 22, 2019, 09:21:38 PM
I don't quit dailies. I will pretty much 90% of the rest though. Why? As stated before bad MMR, terrible teams who run around like chickens and red server connections.

Today I lost the Double Agent mission. I was the leader. There was no order however to shoot the flower. There was a Hive antagonist running around killing my team. Schneider went up to the platform, to drop the crystal, I loaded aleph to make the flower appear. I kept shooting at the flower but my Loaht Dragée weapon couldn't hit it. I repeatedly asked for help. The timer counted down. My team shot at Schneider, got killed by the Antag. Cortez went off for Aleph (second run). I kept shouting for help, frantically jumping about, timer went down and I got killed by the Antag and BOOM, crystal fell, game over.

That was a T2, R6, R6 & R5 team. Another of the low ranking T2 matches I played today. It was a daily I never quit but lost half the award to the pot. Had it not, I'd certainly have quit, in the first stage, after Crtez went for aleph and asked tye team to surrender three times.

They made the dailies and pot to PURPOSEFULLY stop people from quitting. But now with a low player pool, MMR is a joke and there will be more quitting.

I play this game SOLELY for my enjoyment. Yes I am selfish and? Having to play with noobs, who don't follow orders, in grossly unfair matchmaking and at times, red connections IS NOT MY IDEA OF FUN.

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: July 22, 2019, 10:51:08 PM
And moreso, quitting matches is dropping my MMR. At least, in doing so I'm dropping match difficulty and thereby helping the T2 R6 and unranked players in having an easier game.
From what I've seen, because of prizes galore, awards are now fixed meaning the same payouts for people on 60 or 20 MMR.

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 23, 2019, 01:29:52 AM
I don't quit dailies. I will pretty much 90% of the rest though. Why? As stated before bad MMR, terrible teams who run around like chickens and red server connections.

They made the dailies and pot to PURPOSEFULLY stop people from quitting. But now with a low player pool, MMR is a joke and there will be more quitting.

I play this game SOLELY for my enjoyment. Yes I am selfish and? Having to play with noobs, who don't follow orders, in grossly unfair matchmaking and at times, red connections IS NOT MY IDEA OF FUN.

Why do you quit matches that aren't daily or pots? Even if you lose them the gold difference will still go to the pot, and your MMR will lower too, so it will make the upcoming matches easier.

I understand the situation since I lost thousands of gold in pot and daily matches by either players who didn't know how to play or high ping, but this is a team based game, if you'll enter matches just to raise the MMR for newbies then quit, you better not playing it at all. If you want enjoyment without thinking of others, you either play single player, or competitive games which don't have teams, like fighting games.

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 23, 2019, 02:03:32 AM
MeleeMaster,

Lowering my MMR isn't a problem. In doing so I'll not make matches harder when matchmaking lumps me in a game with T2 R6 and unranked teams.
With the prizes galore, all awards are the same regardless of MMR rating.
I've nearly got all characters and soon my platinum after that. When that happens I'll be deleting Spacelords for good.

When a game is lost it's lost. Take today for example. Excluding dailies I played about 10. Of those I quit about 5. I was in another, usual, 2x T2 R6 and a T2 R5 on final 5th Council mission. No Alien faction teammates and BOOM in comes a T1 R1 antagonist. The game started and it was Alicia. NO WAY ON THIS EARTH was I going to be target practice for her and able to do diddly squat to combat her. It's a maze. Plenty of obstacles to keep her airborne while she reigns death down. I proposed a surrender. They chose play on and I instantly quit. It wouldn't matter if the match level was 100 or 10, as they'd lost the minute the Antag was revealed. I went off and read a book. I checked back about 6 minutes later and I was in a game penalty. Either Alicia had destroyed them or they'd seen sense and surrendered. Nothing I could have done to combat her.
Until MSE sort out their utterly attrocious matchmaking, I will continue quitting bad matchups. This is my only form of protest. I'm sick & tired of going into missions with players 150 levels below me.

P.S. The daily pot is irrelevent. There's no guarantee of winning it and losses are far more likely with the dreadful matchmaking and antagonist thrown in. On average I've probably got 7-10k in it. If I lose, with bounty weapon equipped, I'll probably get a third to a half back.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 03:31:40 AM by Marcus4471 »

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 23, 2019, 03:59:30 AM
Yes I am selfish and?

well... first you said just some post before that you thought that selfish players were ruining the game for other players... so i'll let you make your own deductions ;)

moreover selfish people don't deserve respect nor pity nor anything since they think only to their little pleasure, and won't give pity or respect to others if they have nothing to gain in doing it.

for example you are pestering against MSE who think only to their wallet and decrease players rewards in order players pay more to progress.
stop pestering :
well, they are "selfish" (they still provide a free game though), just as you are selfish, why should they care about your opinion/feeling if they succeed in making money with this strategy ?

seriously marcus, how can we give credit to someone wich give no fuck to others (in a coop/pvp game...) but still comes to whine because others break his fun while he's the first who absolutly don't care about others fun ?

so, ok, i understand your point wich is : "mse, find a way for everyone to have fun."
that's impossible.
for example, you are the one who comes and tell i quit when i want and it's ok cause i want to !
and in another topic you come to whine about quitters who break your game...
(because when it is not you who quit, it's absolutly not the same and it's a crime.)
so you'll never be pleased.

that's all the paradox with selfishness. you consider you can do shit to other because you want to, but absolutly don't want other to do the same to you.
-> so no credit nor respect deserved...

but you could have been an excellent french cop or french politician.

And moreso, quitting matches is dropping my MMR. At least, in doing so I'm dropping match difficulty and thereby helping the T2 R6 and unranked players in having an easier game.
no, as far as i know once the character selection is launched, the mission difficulty is set and won't change until the mission ends.

but this is a team based game, if you'll enter matches just to raise the MMR for newbies then quit, you better not playing it at all. If you want enjoyment without thinking of others, you either play single player, or competitive games which don't have teams, like fighting games.
absolutly
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 06:06:56 AM by sonofoz »

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: July 23, 2019, 04:06:08 AM
sonofoz,

I'll ignore you and you me - sorted. Tell me your ingame handle so I can leave the second I see your name?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 10:49:23 AM by MSE_Karen »

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #23 on: July 23, 2019, 05:01:52 AM
man you just said you are leaving 50% of your match...

Take today for example. Excluding dailies I played about 10. Of those I quit about 5.

so it certainly won't change anything if you see me or not, you'll leave anyway if you think your teamates can't carry you...

parasites do the same.
they attach to things who can feed them until it has nothing more to give and then they let it die and change.
hm... in fact, capitalists do that to.

anyway, feel free to block me if we ever encounter, and be assured i'll do it.
i don't want to play with people like you.

I kept shooting at the flower but my Loaht Dragée weapon couldn't hit it
seriously, you are the only high lvl player, and you don't take a character able to shoot the flower ?

i encountered lot of T1 players who didn't know that (and yes it's pathetic) so maybe it's not so surprising that R6 and 5 who have certainly never played the mission before and are already struggling against AI don't know that they have to shoot this flower... (even if there is a warning about it, but when you are focus on not dying, you don't really look at this kind of messages)

so you're the only one to blame if the mission was lost.
not them. just you.
there behavior is no surprise. yours lead the team to failure.
so maybe you should try to play by yourself more than waiting for team to carry you.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 06:27:01 AM by sonofoz »

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Reply #24 on: July 23, 2019, 07:13:58 AM
Lowering my MMR isn't a problem. In doing so I'll not make matches harder when matchmaking lumps me in a game with T2 R6 and unranked teams.
With the prizes galore, all awards are the same regardless of MMR rating.
Lowering MMR is good because if a high ranked antagonist invades you chances are their MMR is also high, which will make the mission difficulty lower. It's way easier to counter an antag if you don't need to worry about mobs.

P.S. The daily pot is irrelevent. There's no guarantee of winning it and losses are far more likely with the dreadful matchmaking and antagonist thrown in. On average I've probably got 7-10k in it. If I lose, with bounty weapon equipped, I'll probably get a third to a half back.
The chances that you'll get robbed of your rewards are there but the chance of getting 8k in one match makes it far from irrelevant.

I was in another, usual, 2x T2 R6 and a T2 R5 on final 5th Council mission. No Alien faction teammates and BOOM in comes a T1 R1 antagonist. The game started and it was Alicia. NO WAY ON THIS EARTH was I going to be target practice for her and able to do diddly squat to combat her. It's a maze. Plenty of obstacles to keep her airborne while she reigns death down. I proposed a surrender. They chose play on and I instantly quit. It wouldn't matter if the match level was 100 or 10, as they'd lost the minute the Antag was revealed. I went off and read a book. I checked back about 6 minutes later and I was in a game penalty. Either Alicia had destroyed them or they'd seen sense and surrendered. Nothing I could have done to combat her.
Until MSE sort out their utterly attrocious matchmaking, I will continue quitting bad matchups. This is my only form of protest. I'm sick & tired of going into missions with players 150 levels below me.
What if one of those people were trying to get a blueprint? Will they get screwed just because you're affraid of trying playing the game? Which character did you chose by the way? Why are you queuing for a hard match in "Mind Over Matter", or any 5th Council stage, if you'll quit in the first sign of challenge?

When a game is lost it's lost. Take today for example. Excluding dailies I played about 10. Of those I quit about 5.
You're a bad loser. Can't win every game, you should know this by now.

I've nearly got all characters and soon my platinum after that. When that happens I'll be deleting Spacelords for good.
Cool, hope you're getting it as soon as possible.

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #25 on: July 23, 2019, 07:40:25 AM
Quiting dont change difficulty. It stays the way it is, when you all load into character selected screen.
Best antaging go to 70% and quit on tier 5-6.
Im joking, that shit thing to do.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 07:43:43 AM by SergeyKosinskiy »