Author Topic: Rollback to previous update or else you will lose a lot of your playerbase  (Read 3717 times)

Marcus4471

• View Profile
MSR,

This latest patch is nothing but shear insanity and in releasing it your company is killing itself.
What is wrong with the latest patch? What is right about it should be the question!
You have essentially, in this one patch told serious players, that is the people who play the most on your game, to get lost. You did not need to implement the treasure chest. It's a complete and utter waste of time. In about 12 games played, I've amassed 1,000 XP, 9,000 gold and about 4,000 faction points. I would have got the XP from one game, the faction points and gold from about 3.

However, I can't get that. Your quick play means that after 4 games, you STOP giving out XP - gone, kaput, zero, nada. Your games give out an average of around 1,750 gold and 800 faction half as much than before the update.
To me it seems the treasure chest is there solely to reward Antagonist losses, but when one realises that most people are playing Raider, you've chosen to side with the minority.

In essence, this new update has decided to support those who play 3 or 4 games, over those who'll play 30 or 40. You've made it incredibly hard for players to level up. You've dropped the amount of gold and faction points won. The treasure chest nowhere nears compensates this loss. It means that shuffling faction cards is going to be a nightmare, as averaging 800 faction points a game, means you'll need 6 wins to do so, compared to about 3 pre patch.

What on earth possessed you, to contemplate this insane patch, let alone release it? On the first day, I waited on average 3 minutes for a game. When I got those games there was a bot as one of my team mates. What does this mean? It means not enough players.
Now think about this why don't you? By limiting XP only to 4 matches, you are going to stop the serious players from playing more. If everyone just plays 4 matches, then it means you are literally going to have times when people will not only have to wait an age for a game, but in order to rectify that you'll have to put in two bots to stop them from quitting. 4 team mate games will turn into 2 player teams which will inevitably run dry, because it's a virtual impossibility playing some levels with 2 bots due to them being utterly useless.

You are essentially about to see a player walkout en mass, all because of the madness of releasing this update.

"If it aint broke, don't fix it" as the saying goes and most of the previous update was just fine. The things people wanted changed were minor things, not a total overhaul as you've done.

This game is a relaunch of a the previous game that failed 'somehow'. I wonder why? Could it be that you decided to create a free 2 play game and then quickly turn it into a pay to win game?
There's no doubt about it. The graphics, the animation, the storyline, the modeling, the acting is excellent. The gameplay is a very enjoyable multiplayer, but with this update it seems you are adamant to tell your serious gamers to **** off and look after people who spend very little time, if any playing.

I strongly and I mean STRONGLY advise that you throw this update into the bin and rollback to the previous update.
By limiting XP collection and drastically reducing XP, gold and faction rewards, you are going to lose your player base. When this happens you can kiss goodbye to SpaceLords because trust, me, the next relaunch WON'T be a third time lucky, because everyone will know why you failed twice before. They will realise that you have nothing but contempt and disdain for your fan base.

I have absolutely no incentive to play Spacelords anymore. To level up from level 144 to 145 will take me 1-2 days. That's about 8 games of XP collection.
And the drastic reduction of gold and faction points has just killed it. The treasure chest is just a waste of time, a gimmick that's not going to work.

I am seriously just shaking my head in disbelief at such an utterly crazy act in releasing this insane update. Listen to your community. See what they have to say and let gamers decide what's best for the game, not some moron, who is clearly the individual behind this update. Are you taking advice from Anita Sarkeesian? You seem intent on committing company suicide.

I can safely state that I won't be touching this game until you rollback to the previous update. Expect a loss in your player base. Expect a big one.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 05:13:13 AM by Marcus4471 »

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
You watch your mouth or you'll get IP banned!!

/sarcasm

Lolsword

• View Profile
They don't need to rollback, they just need to increase the rewards. The patch was a good idea because it reduces the queue time, but with bad rewards there's no reason to play too much.

SpitfireZX

• Stag Nation:Aequilibrium progression is stagnation
    • View Profile
I am new here. I started playing after a friend of mine told me that there

was a game that was coming up in the world and did not have a team that

adhered to the money grubbing standard of most Free to play games. I

enjoyed much of this game and hit level 97 only to be slapped with this

new system. I believe that the new patch is going to promote buying gold

which then makes us buy the exp that we should have been getting.  You

have made your 1v4 game seem like a pay to win.  Please revert this

before influencers push your fanbase back into a cave. Reward your

hardcore players. Do not insult our intelligence by saying nerfing exp was

for the betterment of all. This practice of limiting xp is like energy in

mobile games. I think many would agree that you are over estimating your

product if you think this change will not have consequences. I for one love

what I have experienced. Others may just drop this as a good memory of a

game murdered by it's creators by implementing a change no one asked

for, and even less appreciated. Bring back proper XP or push the ones that

actually like this game away. You are making  Spacelords a Borken planet

that no one will want to raid.

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Yeah i just started playing this for a month. and have been finding it enjoyable until this update was rolled out.  I'm at level 97 and now can't level up passed that.  not to mention the weapon blueprints are gone, making it super difficult to play any new characters beyond the one's i currently own. because their base weapons are trash tier and without any blue prints the weapons just won't be able to deal damage to enemies or antagonists. xp is crucial to leveling up the passive skills. without that,  higher leveled antagonists are gonna own new players or those like me who are stuck at level 97. I'm finding these changes very questionable if not pointless.

SpitfireZX

• View Profile
Yeah i just started playing this for a month. and have been finding it enjoyable until this update was rolled out.  I'm at level 97 and now can't level up passed that.  not to mention the weapon blueprints are gone, making it super difficult to play any new characters beyond the one's i currently own. because their base weapons are trash tier and without any blue prints the weapons just won't be able to deal damage to enemies or antagonists. xp is crucial to leveling up the passive skills. without that,  higher leveled antagonists are gonna own new players or those like me who are stuck at level 97. I'm finding these changes very questionable if not pointless.

Just buy gold and buy exp. I guess that's what we have to do at this point if we feel this way.

Marcus4471

• View Profile
They don't need to rollback, they just need to increase the rewards. The patch was a good idea because it reduces the queue time, but with bad rewards there's no reason to play too much.
But, that's the thing, it HASN'T reduced the queue time whatsoever!
I was waiting, on average about 3-4 mins for a game. More so, when that game did start, everyone there was a bot as a team mate. This simply means that there are not enough players in the player pool.
The game has now been deliberately geared towards people who play 3-4 games a day. They've simply stuck their middle finger up at the hardcore gamers, whom they fail to realize are keeping this game alive through making the player pool large.

How on earth, you can create an update which stops all XP gain after 4 matches is completely beyond me. More so, reduce the XP gain for those 4 matches?

SpitfireZX

• View Profile
Level up with gold....its actually faster

Stopping the XP was a strange move that made many drop this. Myself? I stopped until I read more about it and looked at the game. I hit level 97 and actually saw the stop in xp and didnt feel like playing but did. I then saw that I can buy 4x 1k XP in the store. 16k gold for it. so if I pay 20 dollars I can do this 10 times. The progression is about the same as before so progression is not slowed ... if you spend gold . I do not like the change but you can still move at the same pace if you spend the gold, which we get a lot of. You guys essentially changed nothing xp wise. We just need to spend gold or pay to win by buying gold

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Hey, I just saw this post! :) You may be aware already, but just in case you missed it, here are some changes we just applied to the game, affecting XP gains and such: https://spacelordsthegame.com/news/patch-notes-161