Author Topic: Identity: please don't give up, ever!  (Read 2680 times)

Trickyha

• View Profile
Identity: please don't give up, ever!
on: July 06, 2019, 11:25:05 AM

Mercury Steam, please, please, please will you take 1 more pass on this Identity feature that you advertised so long ago. You couldn't have been meaning all along to just gives us more skins because that would not be a new feature, you've been doing skins since back when this was called Raiders of the Broken Planet. Ever since you 1st hinted about Identity I've had this dream in my head where my antagonist & I would never look the same again, where my Lycus or Iune would never look like another player's Lycus or Iune ever again. Your artstyle on these characters is & has always been amazing, the character designs is THE main reason that I was drawn to play your game long before I knew anything about the game mechanics or how wonderfully responsive to the fanbase that you are, I saw a video of gameplay & I knew in that instant that I wanted in on this action. With Identity I see that your goal was to give us individual customization, y'know like what comes standard in most other multiplayer games. We would be given the options to put an eyepatch on Lycus, give him tribal facepaint or even change his hair color, my imagination ran wild so that my Lycus was wearing Hawaiian t-shirts & skateboard sneakers. The Lycus that I would've customized using your available tools would've been instantly recognized & feared on sight. I hope that Identity is still a work-in-progress & if it isn't can you then please let me know why it couldn't be done? I love your skins, but I must have more options to customize these amazing characters that you've created. Thank you for listening.

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Re: Identity: please don't give up, ever!
Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 07:14:35 PM

Mercury Steam, please, please, please will you take 1 more pass on this Identity feature that you advertised so long ago. You couldn't have been meaning all along to just gives us more skins because that would not be a new feature, you've been doing skins since back when this was called Raiders of the Broken Planet. Ever since you 1st hinted about Identity I've had this dream in my head where my antagonist & I would never look the same again, where my Lycus or Iune would never look like another player's Lycus or Iune ever again. Your artstyle on these characters is & has always been amazing, the character designs is THE main reason that I was drawn to play your game long before I knew anything about the game mechanics or how wonderfully responsive to the fanbase that you are, I saw a video of gameplay & I knew in that instant that I wanted in on this action. With Identity I see that your goal was to give us individual customization, y'know like what comes standard in most other multiplayer games. We would be given the options to put an eyepatch on Lycus, give him tribal facepaint or even change his hair color, my imagination ran wild so that my Lycus was wearing Hawaiian t-shirts & skateboard sneakers. The Lycus that I would've customized using your available tools would've been instantly recognized & feared on sight. I hope that Identity is still a work-in-progress & if it isn't can you then please let me know why it couldn't be done? I love your skins, but I must have more options to customize these amazing characters that you've created. Thank you for listening.

Hi, there! Thank you so much for writing to us about the past Identity Update. :)

So, about the Roadmap image...

All things shown in it are merely visual depictions somewhat realated to the contents of each and every update. When we showed the customized Lycus we meant a deeper customization would be allowed, but not necessarily a patch on the eye + hair color variations.
Other new customization options kicked in with the Identity update instead, such as being able to wield melee weapons, new emotes being added for all characters and having weapons customized with character-themed skins.

The same can be said about the upcoming updates. For example, Master of Puppets will indeed involve AI mobs and Antagonist coordinating in some way, but the whole thing won't necessarily look exactly as what the image depicts, with grunt soldiers forming like that. :)

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 10:58:12 PM
I suppose In short we'd have to take everything with a grain of salt as nothing is guaranteed to be as they are depicted and are liable to change. Example being how Sooma was stated to come out last Month but was pushed to this month.

Man, When the Identity update was coming around the corner I was really convince that we were about to be given some in depth options on customizing our own person version of a Raider, Changing hair color, clothing and everything stated above, I even went so far as to convince my friend that that was going to happen which is my fault and he was looking forward to it.

And well after That we were both a little disappointed which again my fault. All I ask is to be more careful how you advertise future updates and such. Also I know that depiction of Lycus Dion is gone in the Wind but at the Very least could we please get that version of him in the game as a Skin, Make his robotic arms rusted/Damaged, segments replaced with spare parts and a random dagger sticking out of his back that he doesn't feel or realize he has on him. I don't know lol.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 10:59:45 PM by Angeles2099 »

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 12:15:23 AM
So the identity was just weapons with different colors, new emotes, and melee weapons which actually take the personality out of characters since their finishers are all the same? I didn't even realize that was the update lol

That's quite disappointing to be honest.