Author Topic: Recent Update  (Read 3212 times)

Alex2199

• View Profile
Recent Update
on: July 05, 2019, 11:16:39 PM
I am not the biggest fan of the current reward system. I know surprising another player who dislikes the current state of the game.

However, I could see this update being decent after some polishing. Limiting the XP was a bad choice. MSE has already gotten rid of levels and replaced it with tiers which I thought was useless but didn't really care. However now that they have limited the amount of XP you can even get this is by far the worse choice. Yes it stops newer players from grinding to high levels but is that really a bad thing? In this game if you are level one your passive stats (Brute Force, Armor, and resistance) are low which makes you squishy as hell even as a Fifth Council member. Not only that but getting the 2000 gold and 50 status points harder which was already annoying to try and get anyway. Having a game were you can expect players to hop on and play up to 5 missions a day is harming the game. We (or I do I cant speak for others) play the game for the rewards and diversity each raider brings to the mission. Hurting the amount of rewards we get a day makes the game no longer fun but instead a chore. Plus making it harder to get blueprints which sucks sense there are still guns being added. I cannot get Ayana's short nine because either others choice her before me or the blueprint hasn't even dropped.

The only positive thing I can say about the current state is the queue time is much faster which I hope they don't change. If the rewards were increased more than I could see this update working but still a waste in my opinion.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Update
Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 10:00:04 AM
… However, I could see this update being decent after some polishing. …

Only by reverting back to a prior version before all that stupidities were implemented (new reward system, drop system, life limits, …).

It would have made a lot more sense to invest all this wasted time in developing a proper tutorial (playable with every character).

But hey, main thing is they listen to our feedback … but that's the only thing they do — LISTEN and not reacting.

Lolsword

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 11:33:25 AM
… However, I could see this update being decent after some polishing. …

Only by reverting back to a prior version before all that stupidities were implemented (new reward system, drop system, life limits, …).

It would have made a lot more sense to invest all this wasted time in developing a proper tutorial (playable with every character).

But hey, main thing is they listen to our feedback … but that's the only thing they do — LISTEN and not reacting.
No, the uptade was a good idea, I disliked having to select a few specific missions to get good rewards. Being able to select any mission without affecting the rewards is a good thing, theoretically speaking.

The problem with the new uptade is that the rewards are worse than before.

Urgehal

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 11:41:32 AM
I for one don't mind the new prizes galore reward system...well, atleast on paper. It just needs some (obvious) tweaking. Faction points being universal though? Good! EXP having a cap? Bad!...extremely stupid and pointless decision, but I'm sure MSE will correct that since they don't use game testers and we become the guinea pigs in these horrid experiments... ::)

Just a shame we have to wait weeks (or a month) for patches/fixes. Ah well, I don't play this game everyday, so no skin off my back. Excited for Sooma though, thanks MSE! Good luck with the rest of the lot on these forums tho. :-X

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 12:58:42 PM
why do you think they will "fix" it.  many even the discord cabal said they didn't like the aleph dropping and they didn't fix it.  I didn't try it but it sounds like shooting exploding aleph is even worse.

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 02:44:37 PM
Discord cabal likes manual dropping that i can say. Aleph after melee is a bit split.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/315765053364109312/597006824129953802/unknown.png?width=1199&height=675
also about rewards

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 06:32:25 PM
I use to hate the Aleph dropping but they have made it a lot more reasonable. The only thing I hate about the prize galore update is how limited I feel. Getting blueprints feel impossible, Gold feels like I am actually getting rewarded even when I lost the mission, However that feeling fades after awhile. The exp limit doesn't make sense to me because if you are gonna lessen the amount of gold after a few missions then let us level up the same as before so we still get the added 2000 gold bonus from leveling. The game is just slowly feeling like a chore now. Log in get the rewards and play a different game till it refreshes. They have made playing against an antagonist more fun now with this sense there is no major issue losing or none that I have seen.