Author Topic: Full, Post July 2nd Update, 6 Game Breakdown with statistics, pros and cons.  (Read 4430 times)

Marcus4471

• View Profile
I decided to reinstall Spacelords to work out just what the rewards were. So, I've done a full game breakdown of the new update playing the Treasure Pot and 4 games as a Raider with the 5th as an Antagonist.

From yesterday, before the reset my Treasure pot was standing at:
XP 1033
Gold 8756
Faction 4061

Your first game of the day is to win what's in the Treasure Pot. I was playing as Hans, level 145, with his first weapon, with 19% Bonus to Affiliation and Gold. I also had 15% card bonus and 22% Aequilibrium bonus for XP gain.
I won with a score of 9.1 and received the following:
XP 1287
Gold 9481
Faction 4840

As you can see, I never got the full pot, as you need a score of 10 to get it. Even though I got above the pot, that was only due to the Bounty Hunter and Affiliation Bonus on my weapon. I forgot to write down what I did win, but it wasn't that far off what the actual Treasure Pot was.

I played the next four games with Hans.
The Pot started off with
XP 800
Gold 2000
Faction 500

Onto the first game of the day. To gain the full rewards you need a perfect score of 10. The rewards are as follows:
XP 800 - 1200
Gold 0 - 7000
Faction 0- 2000
I played Fistful of Sand, with a beginner team (a rank 6, a rank - and a rank 4) I won with a score of 7.5 (very nearly failed) and received the following:
XP 1508
Gold 6272
Faction 1792
The Pot increased by
XP 99
Gold 1729
Faction 494

I moved on leveled up to 146 and leveled up Hans first weapon to Affiliation and Bounty Hunter Bonus up to 36%. Again, 15% card bonus and 22% Aequilibrium bonus for XP gain.
Pot now standing at:
XP 899
Gold 3729
Faction 994
Onto the second game of the day. The rewards are as follows:
XP 600 - 1000
Gold 0 - 3500
Faction 0- 3000
I played the mission Double Agent, with a team  of Rank 6, 5 & 4) Won with a score of 8.3 and received the following:
XP 1268
Gold 3965
Faction 3400
The Pot increased by
XP 67
Gold 584
Faction 500

Pot now standing at:
XP 986
Gold 4313
Faction 1494
Onto the third game of the day. The rewards are as follows:
XP 400 - 800
Gold 0 - 3500
Faction 0- 2000
I played the mission A Low Blow, with a team  of Rank 5, 3 & Bot) Won with a score of 8.1 and received the following:
XP 986
Gold 3867
Faction 2210
The Pot increased by
XP 67
Gold 656
Faction 375

Pot now standing at:
XP 1041
Gold 4969
Faction 1869
Onto the fourth game of the day. The rewards are as follows:
XP 200 - 600
Gold 0 - 3500
Faction 0- 1000
I played the mission Hanging By A Thread, with a team  of Rank 6, - & Bot) Won with a score of 9.0 and received the following:
XP 878
Gold 4320
Faction 1233
The Pot increased by
XP 37
Gold 323
Faction 93

Pot now standing at:
XP 1078
Gold 5292
Faction 1962
Onto the fifth game of the day. The rewards are as follows (and every game thereafter):
No XP
Gold 0 - 1750
Faction 0- 1000
I played as an Antagonist and deliberately lost (not even spawning into the game, just spectating) to see what was added to the pot. I played as Lycus Deon, with a 20% card bonus compared to Hans' 15%. No bonuses on his weapons. I played the mission In Shock and lost with a score of 1.8 and received the following:
Gold 315
Faction 180
The Pot increased by
Gold 1435
Faction 820

The treasure pot so far (if I play any more games, which I won't) is:
XP 1078
Gold 6727
Faction 2782

So now you've seen it, what does the new update promote?

1. Casual gamers who play no more than 4/5 matches a day.
2. A higher tally of gold and possibly Faction points in those matches than compared to previous update.
3. Antagonists who lose games and I suppose Raiders as well, as some reward goes into the Treasure pot.

What does the new update penalise?

1. Serious gamers. No XP, low gold and faction rewards after the fourth game leaves no incentive to play.

2. Adding 1,400 gold and 800 faction points, or so, to the pot, if you lose, as an Antagonist, doesn't really give people the incentive to play after 4 games.

3. XP reward daily is really terrible and lower than before the update. It means that new players are going to have a hard time leveling up. This means they're not going to want to play when they're being beaten to a pulp by better enemies, due to having a higher ranked player in their team.

4. Although not shown in this breakdown, I think the game now rotates at 18 hour intervals (correct?). The update came in on July 2nd. So far 65 hours have passed, meaning 4 rotations. There hasn't been one common or rare blueprint in that time. Compared the previous update, in 65 hours, someone on 8hour rotations will have had 8 so far. That means on average 7/8 common blueprints and 3/4 rares. This also means that duplicates will tally in 14/16000 gold for commons and 12/16000 for rares. Giving around 26/32000 gold.
There have been no XP multipliers, which technically makes the Treasure Hunter stat for weapons obsolete.
Understandably the Bounty Hunter and Affiliation stats are now more important than they ever were to maximise on 4 games worth of gold and points.
You're onto the third day of the patch. And were I a new player, I wouldn't have one blueprint to build for my character, leaving me at a colossal disadvantage.

5. Gameplay was much harder for me and I'm lvl 146! Imagine how it was for my team mates who were 100+ levels below? Because of this, on average the final scores were lower, meaning much lower rewards.

6. I haven't lost, but I should imagine that if you play for the Treasure Pot, on your very first game of the day and lose, you certainly won't be getting what you have. I'm also imagining that only a portion of the winnings would be added to the next pot, not the full amount.

7. 50% of my games were with bots. One with a bot a level 6 and a noob. This makes winning games much harder, due to me being at a much higher level than them. There going to have it tougher than me, due to no bonuses to health and weapon/strike power, unlike me.

8. It's clear that as a result of this update, there are less people playing, which is bringing more bots into the game. I read a previous article by sonofoz who was put into one of his 4 matches with three bots. He of course lost and with it the bonuses:

https://www.spacelordsthegame.com/community/index.php?topic=31078.0

He thinks it's a bug. I think it's because the pool of players is dropping. This is going to become more common and in turn, more people will stop playing.You are going to lose your player base MercurySteam.

9. I've just noticed this, so this a late modification, but they've also turned off all gold rewards for solo missions. That's right. As if the low gold wasn't an insult already, they've now completely removed any gold rewards from solo missions making them obsolete as well. What is the point playing a solo instance, when you aren't getting any reward? Pointless.

The cons vastly outweigh the pros of this update.
I was a game's tester for Sega, back in the mid 90's and Sony later on. I would never have given support for this update and neither would any of my colleagues.

I've already said it, but I strongly suggest you rollback to previous update. The Treasure pot is a good idea, but if you rollback, have it only for Antagonist game losses.
Conclusion is simply that you are driving away serious gamers, that in turn will increase matchmaking wait times as well as more bots in games. This does not bode well for Spacelords and MercurySteam.
Bottom line: This update is insane. Whoever came up with this should not be working in the gaming industry, but instead sitting at the table with the Madhatter, the Dormouse and Alice in Wonderland.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 09:07:59 PM by Marcus4471 »

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Hi thereeee! :)
Let me answer a couple of things!

8. It's clear that as a result of this update, there are less people playing, which is bringing more bots into the game. I read a previous article by sonofoz who was put into one of his 4 matches with three bots. He of course lost and with it the bonuses:

https://www.spacelordsthegame.com/community/index.php?topic=31078.0

He thinks it's a bug. I think it's because the pool of players is dropping. This is going to become more common and in turn, more people will stop playing.You are going to lose your player base MercurySteam.

That's very unlikely, most probably it'll either be a bug (we'll know when analyzing the data we're gathering since the reléase of update) or it could be due to the matchmaking retweaks we applied into the last patch. Cortez players help diminish match queue times, but when tweaked too agressively they can become counterproductive. The system may be adding Cortez(s) to matches too quicky, when there were actually enough human players for those matches.

9. I've just noticed this, so this a late modification, but they've also turned off all gold rewards for solo missions. That's right. As if the low gold wasn't an insult already, they've now completely removed any gold rewards from solo missions making them obsolete as well. What is the point playing a solo instance, when you aren't getting any reward? Pointless.

I think I just answered to this same thing in this other other thread: https://www.spacelordsthegame.com/community/index.php?topic=31082.msg45207#msg45207

sonofoz

• View Profile
hi.
maybe i did not explain myself well on that post.

what WAS a bug, is not the fact that i have been teamed up with all 3 cortez bros.
but that the game launched me as raider while i had only selected missions as antag and that he send me on a mission i had not selected :
he send me on "weapon from the past" a wardogs mission, as raider, while i had only selected aliens missions as an antag.

and this can not be a problem of player's poul

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
hi.
maybe i did not explain myself well on that post.

what WAS a bug, is not the fact that i have been teamed up with all 3 cortez bros.
but that the game launched me as raider while i had only selected missions as antag and that he send me on a mission i had not selected :
he send me on "weapon from the past" a wardogs mission, as raider, while i had only selected aliens missions as an antag.

and this can not be a problem of player's poul

It looks like a front end bug, I'll reach the QA guys and let them know. Thank you for the into! :)

sonofoz

• View Profile
thank you.

(and anyway, stop matching people with only 3cortez bros too.
it happens to me again right now, and one more time on an important mission and it's really REALLY absurd... or if you do adjusting the diffuculty would have been common sens...)

SpitfireZX

• Stag Nation:Aequilibrium progression is stagnation
    • View Profile
TLDR: use 16k gold  in shop to buy a pack 4 xp boosts that guarantee 1k per match or  36k gold for a pack of 3 xp boosts that give 2k a match 3 times. (Both give the XP even if you are at the xp cap for the day )
I am lvl 100 and it will take 7000+ to level again so 32k gold guarantees this.

The Long story:
Stopping the XP was a strange move that made many drop this. Myself? I stopped until I read more about it and looked at the game. I hit level 97 and actually saw the stop in xp and didnt feel like playing but did. I then saw that I can buy 4x 1k XP in the store. 16k gold for it. so if I pay 20 dollars I can do this 10 times. The progression is about the same as before so progression is not slowed ... if you spend gold . I do not like the change but you can still move at the same pace if you spend the gold, which we get a lot of. You guys essentially changed nothing xp wise. We just need to spend gold we earn or pay to win by buying gold . So use the gold you get and be happy that you can get more from the pot the next day. till then GRIND GOLD

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
TLDR: use 16k gold  in shop to buy a pack 4 xp boosts that guarantee 1k per match or  36k gold for a pack of 3 xp boosts that give 2k a match 3 times. (Both give the XP even if you are at the xp cap for the day )
I am lvl 100 and it will take 7000+ to level again so 32k gold guarantees this

The thing is, let's say you get 16k from the pot. It will essentially give you 4k xp. Back then you could earn the same amount of xp in 3 to 4 games and get about 6 to 8k gold, so the grind is way worse now.