Author Topic: New Patch......are you serious? It's absolutely awful!!!  (Read 1632 times)

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Re: New Patch......are you serious? It's absolutely awful!!!
Reply #75 on: July 09, 2019, 03:55:22 PM
Hi everyone!!! :)

We just applied some changes into the reward system I hope you like: https://spacelordsthegame.com/news/patch-notes-161

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #76 on: July 12, 2019, 02:16:23 AM
Well I just got around to testing the 16.1 patch and although it’s at least something, it ofc doesn’t solve the issue, it being the game rewards for farming were SEVERELY nerfed, and I can’t stress that enough, we are talking about not getting even 2k gold when achieving a 9.5+ score after having played the only 4-5 matches that actually give out rewards, this overall means much lower income for non-casual players.

Even awarding 30-50k for those 4 matches is nothing compared to the 100k+ I was able to reasonably farm in a single play session before the update, essentially for 1.6-1.7k gold and even less FP, matches are just not worth playing. I don’t think rewards were this bad even back when we had to split and compete for them.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #77 on: July 12, 2019, 09:05:16 PM

We just applied some changes into the reward system I hope you like: https://spacelordsthegame.com/news/patch-notes-161
One blueprint per day when there are 18 characters with at least 3 weapons each and they can still be duplicates. Let that sink in for a minute and let me know if you really think this is enough.

If you don't fix this mse you guys are going to get a lot of backlash when sooma comes out and everyone gets screwed out of their 1 blueprint per day, because they're all trying to get her guns.

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #78 on: July 12, 2019, 09:25:54 PM

One blueprint per day when there are 18 characters with at least 3 weapons each and they can still be duplicates. Let that sink in for a minute and let me know if you really think this is enough.

If you don't fix this mse you guys are going to get a lot of backlash when sooma comes out and everyone gets screwed out of their 1 blueprint per day, because they're all trying to get her guns.

Don't forget the blueprints you get at the end of the month. Im speaking from end game were I have every character and gun (expect the short nine because it just came out plus Sooma's guns whenever she drops) but having all those drop at the end of the month is helpful but it is annoying to rarely get blueprints.

I think MSE has a hard time trying to make new players feel engaged while also still rewarding older players but they are trying to make the game better for everyone.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #79 on: July 12, 2019, 10:28:16 PM
That's assuming that new players will

A. Play enough throughout the month to reach a sufficient adventure level to get an adequate number of BP's.

B. Will want to play multiple days a week given the restrictive rewards system, imbalaced gameplay, and long queue times, ect.

C. Will be dedicated enough to wait until the end of the month to follow up on the adventure rewards.

D. That the BP's they get at the end of the month will be for characters they play and not duplicates.

It's just not likely given the current state of the game.

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #80 on: July 13, 2019, 12:15:47 AM
All true. Spacelords was never really friendly whenever it came to new players in my opinion. The only reason I stuck around and actually fell in love with the game was the fact the raiders were different. Unlike a game like Warframe, no two characters felt the same. Not trash talking warframe love that game too. In spacelords it was how each mission felt different and fun because I couldn't play another character the same way.

However in its current state I could see why more people quit early. Having more players antag causing insane level gaps and not being able to get the best guns or even best gun can cause some annoyance. For example Lycus. His base gun is probably the weakest gun in the game now but seeing at how hard it is to get blueprints no new players would wanna play him

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Reply #81 on: July 13, 2019, 06:16:51 AM
That's assuming that new players will

A. Play enough throughout the month to reach a sufficient adventure level to get an adequate number of BP's.

B. Will want to play multiple days a week given the restrictive rewards system, imbalaced gameplay, and long queue times, ect.

C. Will be dedicated enough to wait until the end of the month to follow up on the adventure rewards.

D. That the BP's they get at the end of the month will be for characters they play and not duplicates.

It's just not likely given the current state of the game.

Yeah. When I started playing I spent a lot of time grinding XP so I could get the bonuses and higher forge levels, balancing the guild bonus to maximize it. There was also the blueprint rotation, which with enough luck I could unlock all of a characters weapon in 1 to 2 weeks. Now that xp is basically gone, and bps are once a day, with duplicates, I wonder what new players think about it. Add antagonist to ruin your daily pot and you have a nerve wrecking experience.