Author Topic: New Aleph Drop  (Read 4645 times)

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
New Aleph Drop
on: June 25, 2019, 05:41:19 PM
Congrats they heard you and have responded, Aleph drops have now returned and now drop directly onto you and not the floor, and now you have the option to either drop them for a friend or use them as mines which only hurt the enemy.

MMR, Antag Sytstem and Sudden Death seem to take longer to find a "Fix" but like other past problems things were adjusted for the better. Hopefully the aforementioned 3 get fixed sooner than later.

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Re: New Aleph Drop
Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 07:06:29 PM
Congrats they heard you and have responded, Aleph drops have now returned and now drop directly onto you and not the floor, and now you have the option to either drop them for a friend or use them as mines which only hurt the enemy.

MMR, Antag Sytstem and Sudden Death seem to take longer to find a "Fix" but like other past problems things were adjusted for the better. Hopefully the aforementioned 3 get fixed sooner than later.

Actually, Aleph still drops to the floor, even though now it also drops when an enemy is killed by gun shots, not just by melee hits.

As I told you guys some time ago, we are still experimenting with Aleph drops mechanics, and the Prizes Gallore update will feature a new iteration on the system. :)

When it comes to Sudden Death, we are still gathering data on players' matches.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 07:25:33 PM by MSE_Ojuel »

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 07:06:34 PM
But the bad thing about the new Aleph system is exactly the "picking it up" manually and running around in circles like a headless chicken to obtain the aleph, and exactly that remains in the game, oh boy?? *sigh*
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 07:15:05 PM by B30 »

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 07:08:04 PM
Is this in the game right now?

Edit: Nvm I watched the new spacelords video. It looks promising but I am concerned about trolls dropping aleph all over the place and shooting it to kill teammates.

Don't worry about it, ignited Aleph gems will only hurt people from the opposite team of the person who ignited it. That means if an ally of yours drops a gem and ignites it, it will only hurt your foes. :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 07:25:06 PM by MSE_Ojuel »

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 07:10:22 PM

Edit: Nvm I watched the new spacelords video. It looks promising but I am concerned about trolls dropping aleph all over the place and shooting it to kill teammates.

Oh I saw that and was like "Ohhhhhhhhh shit that is gonna be abused to hell"

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 07:57:56 PM

Don't worry about it, ignited Aleph gems will only hurt people from the opposite team of the person who ignited it. That means if an ally of yours drops a gem and ignites it, it will only hurt your foes. :)
Ok that's great, but let's say I "accidentally" drop an aleph in an elevator or extraction point and an AI grunt shoots it???

AIs can't ignite Aleph Gems, so no problem with that. :)
If an antagonist ignites it, you still have a couple of seconds left to pick the gem again before it explodes.

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 10:09:14 PM
That Antagonist aspect was my primary concern with the new change but that sets me at ease