Author Topic: Leaving Penalties  (Read 1988 times)

deadbyfaith

• View Profile
Leaving Penalties
on: June 29, 2019, 02:28:49 AM
I'm curious as to what actually constitutes as a Leaving Penalty.

One night I tried queuing for a match and nobody, not even the CPU controlled AI, connected. It was completely messed up. The Character Select Screen showed nobody and I couldn't even choose a character. By the time I got "into the match" I was staring at the battlefield with nothing on it and it said "Disconnected."

I did what any sane person would do... instead of watching paint dry, I left. Well for doing so, I got a Deserter Penalty.

And just recently I had completed all the playable content. Nothing more could be played... Mission was completed and I wanted to move on with my life. The post game shenanigans take such a huge chunk of time I was just tired of seeing them. But apparently that got me a deserter penalty, as well. Even though all playable content was finished.

What gives?

sonofoz

• View Profile
Re: Leaving Penalties
Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 12:30:43 PM
what gives the game is bugged to the core friend ^^
i have mentionned it again and again...
and they should focus on that more than anything else.

but anyway, correct me if i'm wrong but except if you are doing it all the time, desertion penalties are of no consequence, so don't worry about them.

Urgehal

• View Profile
Re: Leaving Penalties
Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 04:47:20 AM
I'm curious as to what actually constitutes as a Leaving Penalty.

One night I tried queuing for a match and nobody, not even the CPU controlled AI, connected. It was completely messed up. The Character Select Screen showed nobody and I couldn't even choose a character. By the time I got "into the match" I was staring at the battlefield with nothing on it and it said "Disconnected."

I did what any sane person would do... instead of watching paint dry, I left. Well for doing so, I got a Deserter Penalty.

I got this bug recently...even though you can't doing anything and just staring at the stage as you said, the mission is still happening (atleast for the rest of your party).

You can close and restart the game to enter back in the mission as per usual if it happens again. Unfortunately, you got the penalty, cause by then, the party finished the mission.