Author Topic: LEVEL Reminder  (Read 3334 times)

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
LEVEL Reminder
on: June 23, 2019, 06:34:04 PM
If somebody has to endure all the crappy mechanics of the latest updates, then at least give me back my hard earned level. The 2nd of July would be a good date for that.

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Re: LEVEL Reminder
Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 09:01:24 PM
Yeah seriously. This "tier" shit is bust. It's fucking lame as shit. I'm like level 400+ by now.
Other games didn't hide their levels bc it "intimidated new players". Play the damn game and then you will get there too. It's not a hard concept.

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 01:46:58 AM
Yeah seriously. This "tier" shit is bust. It's fucking lame as shit. I'm like level 400+ by now.
Other games didn't hide their levels bc it "intimidated new players". Play the damn game and then you will get there too. It's not a hard concept.

Honestly I don't see why they even started hiding it. Before newer players would quit the game if they saw a super high level player. Now that they added tiers instead now people are leaving if they see a tier 1. Its not about levels its about balance that they need to work on

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 03:15:00 AM

Honestly I don't see why they even started hiding it. Before newer players would quit the game if they saw a super high level player. Now that they added tiers instead now people are leaving if they see a tier 1. Its not about levels its about balance that they need to work on

Yeah like wtf? People are gonna bail no matter what.

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 03:50:37 AM

If they change the balancing of some things like AI and some raiders' weapons or add a system were low tier people join low tier missions and higher tiers go with higher tiers. Which I thought is what they were going for but I still join no tiered people it just doesn't make sense. This game is more punishing for newer players and that's both a bad and good thing in my opinion.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 09:52:24 AM

yeah, except psychologically, it's absolutly not the same.
rank is vague, almost at the beggining, when you absolutly don't know what they're related with.
rank *1 ? ok that's certainly a good player.

on the contrary everyone "knows" lvls.
and when you're being trashed by lvl 400, against you can't do shit, even if he's just letting his cat playing blindfolded, because of bonus and equipement, while you are lvl 10, it's clearly not the same effect on game feeling...

you just think, "what's that fucking stupid matchmaking brah ??" o_O
and if it happens again and again you just walk away, saying ok, this game is not for me, thank you =)

moreover except to praise egos inspiring fear/respect vs noobiz, seeing lvl is useless.

(and that's not the point here, but i'd rather play a with rank 6, usefull in the mission, doing his best, than with one of these useless and too frequent rank*1 who does nothing except killing grunts and just thumb up when someone dies.)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 01:00:04 PM by sonofoz »

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 02:58:12 PM
I can understand, if MSE doesn't want the level to appear ingame. But why not in the main menu, as it was before the update. Thus, from level 200, they could completely hide the level bar, because from that point on this thing is completely meaningless. MSE could just as well for example show the weather report for your region that would make more sense.

Daimien06660

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 05:47:23 AM

yeah now people leave when they see the Antag has a purple symbol insted of a high level