Author Topic: Ginebra build/Card Question  (Read 4700 times)

Alex2199

• View Profile
Ginebra build/Card Question
on: June 22, 2019, 08:04:33 AM
I am a huge fan of Ginebra, she is one of my favorite characters in the game as of right now (besides a few complaints mostly that of her cougar form being stressed but that's another post). However, I have noticed with her rare gun Schleuder the targeting is a little off?

The way the gun works for those who don't know is you aim and there is a laser pointer that tells you, the player, were the bolt will fly toward. The bolt also bounces off of surfaces dealing extra damage.

The thing I question is I have noticed the blue laser turns red whenever there is an enemy within the line of fire but whenever it turns red and I shoot I sometimes just barely miss even though its still red? is this a hit box issue or just me? If its just me will the card "Hallow ammunition" help me secure the kills?

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Re: Ginebra build/Card Question
Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 10:38:17 AM
The hitbox for schleuder was indeed nerfed, a lot, around the time she received her huge batch of other nerfs, so coupled with its low projectile speed it makes it quite easy to miss with that weapon.

https://spacelordsthegame.com/news/patch-notes-09-1
Quote from: MSE
- Decreased C33 SU-Schleuder's damage before bounces by 15%
- Decreased C33 SU-Schleuder's projectile detection size by 30%

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 06:53:50 PM
The hitbox for schleuder was indeed nerfed, a lot, around the time she received her huge batch of other nerfs, so coupled with its low projectile speed it makes it quite easy to miss with that weapon.

https://spacelordsthegame.com/news/patch-notes-09-1
Quote from: MSE
- Decreased C33 SU-Schleuder's damage before bounces by 15%
- Decreased C33 SU-Schleuder's projectile detection size by 30%

Why would they nerf the detection size AND damage? Ill admit it was overpowered in the past but now its kind of useless because now I can't line up a shot because most of the time I cant even see the target I'm aiming at. That's a shame cuz I like the guns mechanic I just wish I could actually hit something.

On top of that Javelin is the more op one. I'm able to instantly kill things with a good lined up shot.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 06:55:34 PM by Alex2199 »

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 06:40:21 AM
Why would they nerf the detection size AND damage?
Oof no idea on that, more than half the nerfs they do are completely unnecessary imo, especially when it comes to what was done to Ginebra in general, while on the other hand things that would seem like they clearly need to be nerfed (such as Harec stalk spam and tolchok push spam/stunlock) are never touched… also as was seen in the patch notes I linked, they nerfed damage BEFORE it bounces, which again doesn’t make sense since damage before bouncing always was and still is, shit.

Ill admit it was overpowered in the past but now its kind of useless because now I can't line up a shot because most of the time I cant even see the target I'm aiming at. That's a shame cuz I like the guns mechanic I just wish I could actually hit something.
The only possible things about schleuder that needed a nerf imo was damage after bounces and the maximum rate of fire that could be achieved through the forge, of those 2, they did nerf damage after bounces but I don’t think they nerfed rate of fire (although I could b wrong), but that was about it, reducing projectile hitbox was completely unnecessary.

When it comes to her “cat form” all of her nerfs are imo complete garbage and miss the point, if all they wanted (as the devs themselves keep mentioning it) is for her not to be able to run around in survival forever, then a timer or stamina bar once she transforms would have sufficed, so that she can’t stay in it forever (any good Ginebra won’t stay in cat form for long anyways, so a generous timer or stamina bar wouldn’t really affect normal gameplay, and only hinder ppl trying to cheese survivals), reducing her HP and even worse, removing her ability to stealth makes no sense from both a gameplay and lore perspective.

On top of that Javelin is the more op one. I'm able to instantly kill things with a good lined up shot.
I wouldn’t say Javelin is more op, in a sense I think both Schleuder and Javelin are equally crap, compared to what they used to be, they both got overnerfed hard, Schleuder is still better imo for general purpose, its decently effective at close, med, and long range, Javelin however only has good long range, if anything is close or med, may as well go punch the mob, cause damage is garbage, Javeline however ofc outshines Schleuder on most boss fights, although I would argue schleuder is still better for some boss fights, such as spider Kuzman.

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 06:18:32 PM
I play Ginebra in long range so Javelin is my go to although it depends on the maps because if its too close quarters Ill use J-wheel.

Although its 100x harder to use her in long range especially now due to her cougar form being stressed. The way I use to use her is I shoot, run, repeat but if I am the antag all they gotta do is chase me down and im screwed.

Now that they introduced the new survival system I feel as if Ginebra could go back to her original ways because after awhile you can really run from the timer anymore. I don't see how you could before because eventually there would be too big of a crowd for you to handle alone but that's just me