Author Topic: Antagonist optional missions  (Read 10291 times)

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Re: Antagonist optional missions
Reply #15 on: June 21, 2019, 11:18:54 AM
Im talking from my experience. From Ditry Bomb to Mechwarior online. One gave us seasons with competiteve mode another faction wars. DB is just dead now. MWO is pretty close to it. Was new mods a reason for it? No. But they both took players into new ques, and made the ques long, very, very long. With low player base all we will end up with is longer que times, and that is already a big point of negative steam reviews. It is a problem for games with low player base. Im not agaist it but i really dont see how i will work for this game or help it right now?

Urgehal

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: June 21, 2019, 11:34:47 AM
New mode are all nice and good, but you guys DO understand that it will only leave us with worse que time? ppl who que for horde mode, dont wanna play base game, so they will not accept base game que pop. Or this will just leave them all hanging and waiting for god know why.
And that on top of, similar MMR or decent ping that game try to give us.
Basically its nice idea, but we just dont have enough ppl to support more buckets.
Yeah...I forgot about that, good point. Just the last 2 days, I've been trying to antag for the monthly & cards and it took quite awhile to que. Meanwhile, playing as raider is always quite fast surprisingly (atleast for me).

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: June 21, 2019, 11:35:39 AM
Well, as I said, now of course this is a fatal situation in which MSE is in right now, but it's also their own fault, because they ignored this topic (different modes for different players) since the beginning and they were too fixated on this 4v1 mode.
And as I said, if you only offer a 4v1 mode in an online multiplayer game, this will not and can not work in the longterm  —  because people are different.

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: June 21, 2019, 06:40:50 PM
I was talking about que times for raiders too tekato. long que times not only problems for antags.
About 4vs1 being only gamemode.... Dead by Daylight somehow works only with it from the start.

Imagine you wanna go play hord mode, oh to bad most players are in base game right now. or players who play horde mode are all from Eu right now, so hello ping.
In evening you wanna play base game? to bad now all gone to horde mode etc.
Sooner or later ppl will only pick one of mode that they like more and other will be played only once a month or something and dont forget all that development time that was used for it. Its wasted now.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 06:57:18 PM by SergeyKosinskiy »

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: June 21, 2019, 08:44:59 PM
… About 4vs1 being only gamemode.... Dead by Daylight somehow works only with it from the start.

Yes, but these two games are a bit different. In Dead by Daylight it's the survivors vs the killer, and that's the whole story behind it, you can't leave out the killer, because then there wouldn't be much left of the game. Because the main objective is the survivors vs the killer.

But that's not the case in Spacelords. In Spacelords it's different, you can very well take the Antag out of the game and the game will still work. Because in Spacelords the main reason is not to fight the Antag (as in Dead by Daylight, fighting the killer), but to play and experience the story (pve).

The Antag is just another component in the game, which you can put into the game, but also remove it again. The game will work in both ways. Thus, different game modes would have been possible from the beginning.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: June 21, 2019, 09:02:58 PM
Yes, and why is that?
Because they did it wrong since the beginning. You just need choices in a game because players are different. You can't come up with just one mode, if it's your vision or not, it will not work. Look at all the other MMO's or multiplayer games out there, even Blizzard/Overwatch was forced to offer a PVE mode (and they have millions of players).
Maybe it's already too late now, but what do they have to lose?
Yea that was one of the main nails in in this games coffin, releasing without even basic modes such as PVE or a private matches (where ppl would be allowed to start a match even without a full party). If you look at reviews for the game demand for them is very high, so adding them even now could bring ppl back and give the game some positive press.

It's too late to be worrying about long queue times and small player base. Having more options is never a bad thing and the player base isn't growing anyway so wtf are we waiting for. I'm sick of hearing antags complaining about long waiting times.. Idk maybe stop killing off all the new players?
Indeed, that is pretty much the point atm, there’s little to lose anyways. And yea its always rich hearing antags complain about long queue times when they are partly to blame… on one hand they swear that ppl don’t have an issue with the antagonist system, the “majority loves it”, but then they turn around and start squealing if anyone suggests a mode without them.

just move on, cause yall sound miserable lol. I realize, as you said, this is their forum for game feedback, but you anti-antag folk are literally talking to a brick wall, it's bad for your health mate.
I appreciate the concern, but you really don’t have to worry, I assure you I don’t play any one game exclusively and find myself popping my head into this particular game a lot less often, however I do keep up with news on it, in the hopes we will get even the most basic of features (such as what is proposed in the title of this thread) and maybe something will become of it, since at its core it is a good game, although even that is on shaky ground since the devs are destroying parts of its core with their patches, *cough* new aleph/ammo systems…

but it's here to stay..."deal with it" or play another game.
Not everyone is a pushover and just rolls over on command, “Oh noes the overlords said so… bow and nod… bow and nod” … thankfully I don’t believe many think in such a simple way or we wouldn’t get much improvements on games post launch, many player friendly features have been added to games long after its launch despite the waves zealots swearing it would NEVER happen, take as a recent example Atlas, that game had a thread requesting single player with over 1k posts, where probably half of the posters were hyperbolic naysayers going on about how - that was not the intent or “vision” of the devs, it will neeever happen, or the all-time favorite “it’s impossible to implement”, “just deal with it” – and as we stand now, single player has been announced for that game…
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 09:05:13 PM by Whitebleidd »

Urgehal

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: June 22, 2019, 02:41:01 AM
Snip

Good to hear, and I wasn't even trying to be condescending or anything with that health comment BTW.

And it's not about being a "pushover"... Despite them being a small team, I guess it's just my pessimistic nature that I don't see things changing lol. Though at the same time, I'm neutral on antag and still love the game as is (despite the recent aleph/ammo nonsense). The grind and shop prices are the games biggest problems personally...everything else is minor things that can be slightly tweaked. But yeah...good luck on yall's fight. MSE even acknowledging you anti-antags would be a sight to behold. I've only been on these forums (mostly lurking) about 7-8 months, and have never seen the staff address it...

pululon

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: June 25, 2019, 03:20:16 PM
I usually play with more noobs than old players, that let me think that maybe is new players coming, but they aren't lasting... and that isn't a good thing at all...

Anyway, maybe the solution is to make different objectives for the players, maybe the objective of the antag isn't that he has to screw the raiders mission, maybe completing his objective and get out of the mission having his reward? Maybe killing X times the raiders, and then getting out, leaving the raiders with some lives to end their mission