Author Topic: Not much to do  (Read 3122 times)

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Not much to do
on: June 22, 2019, 03:51:12 AM
I'm currently in the phase where I'm playing other games while waiting for something to draw me back into SL's. So in the mean time I've been playing Dead by Daylight and after playing that for a while me and a friend hopped on to SL's for a bit to mix up the games.

What I came to realize is how different one game (DBD) operates and makes you experience PVP as appose to others. There, You have to fight for survival right from the start and you have to use your wit and cunning to stay alive, all the while pushing for victory. Its quite intense even if from the aggressors perceptive we completely dominated it was still thrilling, having everything hang on the balance like that. But that was how that game operates.

After starting map after map where I've already memorized the safe-spots, Routines, what to look out for, etc. I found myself yearning for excitement. Then when I saw I had an Antagonist in my match I was like "Finally!" and my mindset went from here we go again to Lets kick this guys ass ...and we did, and they quite or stopped spawning and things  just returned to normal.

The first thing that came to mind here was that EVERYONE is extremely powerful in ONE (maybe two) aspects. I saw a HIVE with a plague who only learned to drop the Parasite field ...thing to instantly infect others and just melee till they drop, if that fails run till it cools off. Second match Shae with Sa Dhu just waited for one good moment to wreck one unsuspecting Raider instantly.

You cannot have fun when everyone is overpowered, its just too one-sided at times, theirs no stakes, and that goes for AI as well. which on that note, I suppose I get it, to answer how to stop a team of 4 potentially overpowered Raiders you would need an Overpowered solution, which comes in the form of a single Grunt who can two shot you (one if you a Local) combined with a fairly high MMR. 

When MSE_Karen mentioned on the New Daily Rewards video (Youtube) that the average player only plays 2-3 missions a day I thought to myself "Damn..., that's the average?" Which was unfortunate to hear really. I think this game has allot of style and some powers are fun to use but perhaps the focus should be shifted a bit towards a more grounded on reality perspective.
* Re-evaluate the Stress Mechanic
* Lengthen Wounded time a bit but Allow allies to pick each other up after a period of medical attention (uninterrupted).
* Grapples cannot outright kill you unless you are wounded, it will instead bring you from a healthly state to a wounded state.
* apply accurate hit boxes which can allow difference in shot damage depending on where you were shot (Arm,Leg, Head, Torso. etc)
* Fall damage
* Charged jumps (Fifth Council)
* Running long jumps (Everyone else)
* Grunts cannot passively zone in on your location automatically when there is no reason for them to know where you are.
* Grunts can only take so much damage during there Kamikaze-Suicide sprint before they are staggered in there tracks.
*add an exhaustion mechanic
*Reconsider the rock-paper-scissor mechanic
* Add Dedicated Servers

I don’t know,….This game is making strides towards a great final product especially when you consider how things were in the beginning. As it stands the current focus is creating incentives (Prizes, Rewards and Goals), New ways to Configure the perfect weapon and finding and testing new ways to make playing and losing against an Antagonist more balanced and fun. 

I hope way way later down the line perhaps on the second Road-Map the games core mechanics can be revamped, Keep all the style and flash but tone down the damage, and more maneuverability or something, more power isn’t always more fun.

As always, ill be around and pop in when something is added in the mean time keep it up guys!

« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 03:57:52 AM by Angeles2099 »

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Re: Not much to do
Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 04:17:15 AM
Also real quick, A good idea for future levels is to take a page off of warframe and Dead by daylight, in such a way as there levels are always generated differently each and every time, even if its subtle. In DBD the maps have there Totems, Killer's Basement, Hooks etc, all place in random computer generated spots to keep things fresh, Warframe does that too but goes beyond that and creates whole missions where the layout is generated one tile set at a time and within those tiles have minor random placements  like grunt patrol paths, lootable crates and so forth.

Food for thought : )

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 09:46:44 AM
i'd really like to test dbd !
but it's still too expansive for my tastes ^^

oh no, a big no way for fall damage and exhaustion.
i hate fall damage, we have already grunts who shotgun you off the map, it's enough fall for me, and for exhaustion we have already "no sprinting", stress and wounded time, enough limitation's movement for me too.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 11:45:12 AM by sonofoz »

Urgehal

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 10:52:41 AM
* Lengthen Wounded time a bit but Allow allies to pick each other up after a period of medical attention (uninterrupted).
* Grapples cannot outright kill you unless you are wounded, it will instead bring you from a healthly state to a wounded state.
* Charged jumps (Fifth Council)
* Grunts cannot passively zone in on your location automatically when there is no reason for them to know where you are.
* Add Dedicated Servers

Some hit or miss suggestions you've listed (IMO), but I'm definitely with you on the ones above. Picking up wounded/downed teammates is a must!...atleast with mission with just raiders. With an antag, it'll be another disadvantage for them. And I feel grapples shouldn't kill too, unless you have 50% or below health IMO, but what you've suggested is fine too.

I'd also like to see secondary abilities/weapons for characters! Perhaps that's asking too much, not asking for anything crazy...even something minor like a generic secondary that has different effects for each CHARs or a small passive would be nice. And as I suggested on another topic, personal end mission rewards! I know they recently added enemies killed as one, bu there should be more, i.e assists, aleph collected, aleph overloaded, personal deaths, not being left behind, total damage dealt, extracted level (if the mission has one), etc. With the aleph stat being a thing if they revert it back to how it originally was of course (MSE plz...). Would help newer players a lot. So close games against antags or LONG drawn out missions won't seem like a waste of time. The monthly rewards (one of the best additions MSE have made recently), and the upcoming "prizes galore" helps, but personal end mission rewards would be icing on the cake.

And as Angeles says, keep it up guys and gals! I'm excited and pumped for Sooma in the meantime.