Author Topic: Doldren build  (Read 6876 times)

Alex2199

• View Profile
Doldren build
on: June 15, 2019, 06:44:59 PM
One of my favorite Raiders is Doldren and like most other people I use a melee build for him which is Algor Mortis as his character card and Patient as his faction card. This build is useful for getting the drop on other raiders or antagonist. However it takes away one of my favorite strategies as Doldren which is the angler fish move. Basically you turn into your ghost form and fly around near your body till someone rushes for you in which you teleport behind them and ruin their day. Algor Mortis sorta takes this away and I wanna try more cards anyway. Here are some I was thinking about changing to please give me advice on these cards or some suggestions yourselves. Also keep in mind all states I talk about are from the rare cards cuz I always try to go for the rare ones.

"Frenzy - teammates 5 meters away from ghost form gain increased damage by 50% for 4 seconds. Aleph super boost increases it to 100%." I feel like this will help in both an antag and raider play but I question is there a cooldown on when the teammates can gain this buff or is it as long as I am 5 meters away does it just refresh instantly? Same question for these other cards as well.

"Reborn - After you teleport your melee does 70% more damage. Aleph super boost increases to 150%." Feel this is semi-useless sense Patient increases my melee a lot if I don't shoot my gun which I never really do only if there is a Harec or Shae to fight.

"Breath - When you pass a teammate (5 meters) they receive 200 health points. Cooldown of 5 seconds. With aleph super boost it increased to 400 health points." Great and all but I feel like it would be better if it gave some excess health or something. If it is just a heal then I question the usage of the next card I am about to mention. Plus don't see the point of it in antag form but I am sure there are some usages for it.

Finally "Sanctum - Teammates less than 5 meters from your ghost form have there stress bar turned off for 4 seconds. Aleph boost increases to 12 seconds." Whenever your not stress you gain a natural health regen...so although Breath is an instant heal it has a cool down to it. With Sanctum is doesn't seem to have a cooldown so as long as I am close to a teammate they naturally gain health right? As an antag this is kinda useless though or I think it is.

Thank you for anyone who reads this mess lol any help given is appreciated.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Re: Doldren build
Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 08:43:37 PM
hello,
sorry i'm gonna use the thread about doldren to ask my own question too --

i don't understand all the subtility of dolren power.
more precisely, i don't understand when i can, or not, reincarnate.

and it really bugs me, 'cause sometime i turn around a target mashing the button and flaming cause i'm losting the good moment and reincarnate absolutly not where i wanted (or someone find my body while i was trying to réincarnate...) --'
and sometimes, there is no problem... and i don't understand why.

is it as random as so much other things in the game or is it some kind of rules ?  :-\

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 10:28:11 PM
hello,

and it really bugs me, 'cause sometime i turn around a target mashing the button and flaming cause i'm losting the good moment and reincarnate absolutly not where i wanted (or someone find my body while i was trying to réincarnate...) --'

is it as random as so much other things in the game or is it some kind of rules ?  :-\

I never really have this problem however the card Algor Mortis helps with people not finding your body. Ontop of that you should take into account of the map as well

Chiki40

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 09:45:51 AM
hello,

Hello!

To reincarnate, the power meter must be full, and it fills when your spirit is close to enemies (the closer the faster it will fill up).

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 09:17:32 PM
ok ! =))
thk you very much.

i noticed the damn gauge on my last battle with doldren and was still trying to figure out how it works exactly.

but this gauge is a really pain in the ass if you want my opinion XD

Guilla

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 11:34:42 PM
Sanctum and Breath are good for what you are doing. I also really like Shiver for a support fun buff build.

Shiver seems to effect all kinds of damage from sources you wouldn't think, turrets, bosses, and those players you are going to gank  won't be able to do as much damage to you if they do counter.

Another good reason I use shiver is because you are still helping your teammates when you are in ghost form (breath doesn't always help because of the way it triggers when you get close to anyone, not necesarily the person who needs healing and sanctum is best when your team knows that you can do it, though you still have to be near teammates to use it)

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 09:38:38 PM
Sanctum and Breath are good for what you are doing. I also really like Shiver for a support fun buff build.

Shiver seems to effect all kinds of damage from sources you wouldn't think, turrets, bosses, and those players you are going to gank  won't be able to do as much damage to you if they do counter.

Another good reason I use shiver is because you are still helping your teammates when you are in ghost form (breath doesn't always help because of the way it triggers when you get close to anyone, not necesarily the person who needs healing and sanctum is best when your team knows that you can do it, though you still have to be near teammates to use it)

I never even thought about shiver, thanks for the advice

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 02:03:38 PM
hey.

i have another question about doldren's cards.
i'm using "Patient" from Locals' deck.
if you do not shoot for 4sec, it increase the damage of your next punch will do more damage.

ok.
but what then ?
the game wait 4sec more and the bonus comes again if you didn't shoot in the meantime ?
or do you have to shoot to make it comes again ?
or does all the attacks are up after 4sec until you shoot again ?

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 21, 2019, 03:25:47 PM
Test it yourself, dude.
It does not tell "your next punch" if I remember the card correctly. If you don't shoot, the damage boost stays.

Chiki40

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 21, 2019, 04:00:17 PM
If you don't shoot for 4 seconds, your next punch will do extra damage, so punching will reset the counter and you'll need to wait 4 seconds again.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 22, 2019, 02:31:39 AM
Lehi, if i come and ask here, it's because i believe other have already tested it and will make me gain time in sharing their knowledge. that's one of the interest of forums, you see.

specially in "advice" section.

so, if answering questions bother you, simply don't, dude. moreover, it will prevent you to give wrong answers.
and yes, it says "NEXT", that's why i'm asking. dude.

thank you Chiki ^^

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 22, 2019, 07:53:06 AM
Test it yourself, dude.
It does not tell "your next punch" if I remember the card correctly. If you don't shoot, the damage boost stays.

That's basically telling me the same thing. I could just test them but why should I waste my faction points and time with cards if I don't know how they properly work