Author Topic: Just some suggestions  (Read 2488 times)

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Just some suggestions
on: May 21, 2017, 07:49:27 AM
I should start by saying that I'm enjoying the game thus far but there are certain areas that can be improved upon. Some of these suggestions are my own opinion but others definitely some problems that need to be looked at. Ok so lets start:

1. Better tutorial: As it stands right now the tutorial that the game offers is not great. It leaves out a lot of key information, such as the rock-pepper-scissor approach to melee combat. Things like this can be a real sore point for new players, because they feel like the game is not giving them enough information to take on the task at hand.

2. Match making toggle: It would be nice to have a dedicated button to to switch between the different game options instead of having to scroll over to the button in the upper right corner of the screen overtime you go into the menu. It would also be nice if the game remembered your previous setting. If you where playing single player let the match making button stay in single player.

3. Slide melee and shooting: As of right now the shooting and melee are pretty good. But I believe that the addition of these two moves could really help to keep up the  momentun of the gameplay. It would also help to have that smooth transition from slide to melee. Specifically the strike, not the grapple. Slide grapple would be way to scary. 

4. Loot: Right now I think that the acquisition of resources is PAINFULLY slow. The fact that you can walk out of a 20 to 30 minute session with nothing to show for it, not even currency is kinda like a slap to the face. Each session it doesn't matter if its single player or multiplayer needs to give some sort of reward. It can be something simple like money, or those extra credit things. Players need to feel like they are always making progress towards something. The currency you split up at the end of a game should be like a bonus, not the whole reward in itself.

5. More match-making options: specifically the ability to play without the adversary and to have the option to make a game where you can invite one of your friends as the adversary. This just an idea to give the players more options on the way they want to play.

6. The Cards: Right now I'm not a super fan of the cards and how you get them. I think that only having 2 is very limiting. I would like to at least have 4. Two in each category of perk. Just so that your character feels a bit more powerful and it gives more variety with what you can do with load-outs. Getting them is pretty slow, but this is due to the currency problem. It would also be cool that when you unlock a card it stay in your card pack for ever so that any time you need a card you can just get it after you unlocked. But this would make the acquisition of cards more linear. For example you can't unlock the rare without first unlocking the common.

7. Single-Player: Right now it seems like people that want to play solo are getting the short end of the stick. They can't unlock blueprints, they can't get any other currency that isn't money and the money payout is a one time deal. I get it, you want people to play together, but it feels like your slapping solo players in the face right now. My suggestion is that you can unlock SOME, not all blueprints in solo. That way you still incentivise players to play with others and give a bigger reward to solo players.

8. Charge attacks: Maybe they should come out half a second later because right now they are really fast and kinda hard to counter. This applies both to players and AI. Also could you make it so those charging jerks don't have teleportation powers and can grab you mid air,

9. Jump attack: This would be a cool move for characters like Alice  or Hans that have so much vertical manoeuvrability and I think it would add a cool aspects to their gameplay. But only strikes, charging jump attacks would be horrible.

10. Character breakdowns in-game; The current information that is offered for the character kits right now is not great. Specially some power description like Alice's power where you have to tap the button twice and aim to get the desired effect. Short tutorial videos would really come in handy, so that players get a better understanding of their characters role. Also there should a be stat screen for weapons to better distinguish what the weapons do in comparison to one another.

WOW that was a lot. Sorry for writing so much. But I really want this game to shine. I see real potential in the tittle. The characters are cool, the world is crazy. I wish the devs the best and if I can think of anything else I'll post it here. Thanks for reading my monolith if you made it this far.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 08:57:18 PM by Power Penguin »