Author Topic: Updated Raider Idea (Kiera)  (Read 3940 times)

Alex2199

• View Profile
Updated Raider Idea (Kiera)
on: May 23, 2019, 03:45:10 AM
On the 21st of May I made a post talking about a new idea for a raider in the local faction. After polishing the idea a little here is the updated thoughts. Her name is Kiera.

The raider's ability is the power to open up portals or "Rifts". These rifts will cause not only you but your team to teleport between the two of them causing instant travel across the map. As far as mission objectives I believe making the rifts unusable while carrying things such as the bombs on "short fused" or the encoder/Schneider on "in medias res" will make the ability still useful as it still provides the team more mobility yet isn't overpowered. I do not believe this is necessary, however, another alternative nerf to the ability is letting the enemies/antagonist be able to destroy the rifts. Some cards that could benefit is a speed boost, a brief moment of immunity, or even a slight heal after going through the rift.

Her base gun is a mid to long range rifle that has the gimmick of shooting small destroyable traps (the same size of the mines that are dropped by the minelayers) and whenever a enemy comes close enough it will fire a hook similar to Ayana however does not pull the enemy. Instead it slows them to a crawl making it easier to close the gap. There should also be a maximum number of traps able to be set out. Her second common weapon should be a semi automatic rifle with a gimmick of bullets that track the targeted enemy. The secondary fire mode just places a tracker on the enemy while the base shot instantly goes to them. The downside to this gun is the fact you can only damage one enemy at a time sense there can only be one tracker at anytime. You can track a different enemy by reusing the secondary fire mode or killing the previously targeted enemy. Her last and rare weapon should be a mid range shotgun that has the secondary fire mode that changes it to a sniper. This sniper has the ability to shoot through structures however muffles the damage significantly.

Concept art for Kiera has been posted in the Fan corner tab. Enjoy! <3
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 10:44:10 PM by Alex2199 »

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Re: Updated Raider Idea (Kiera)
Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 12:59:16 PM
Srry I was going to respond earlier but i wanted to know from the devs if character and gun suggestions would even be considered at all as those are likely to be thought up in house only, but anyway I didn't get a response so lets continue the character building cause why not.

So I like the name by the way , it seems fitting. I was thinking about the species of the locals as a whole recently and I thought Why do all the locals have to be skinny with 60 HP. there have been a few notable character that are well past that body type and are accomplished warriors to boot.
Like Shae's Master:

Or even Shamash himself.

So keeping that in mind i was thinking this character should be a very fit woman who is a slow as a Fifth council member but compensates for it with her ability to instead shift between the rift.

Here her abilities drawback comes from its start-up time when entering the rift and also when exiting, prevent you from using mid combat. While in this mode you cannot fire your weapon nor Attack but you cannot be attack neither. Only in this mode will you be able to run quicker than the average speeds. When exiting you'll have a 15 second cooldown before using it again.

As far as Card ideas:
*After leaving a Rift your weapon reloading will be increased by 15% for 10 second.
*Gain 2 seconds of immunity when exiting the Rift if one or more Elite or Player is within 20 meters of you.
*Receive reduced damage while charging your rift ability.

The thing about your gun descriptions is that they all fall under Hades Division or Fifth Council type of weaponry. Locals are often precision high burst damage weapons. Its rare to have a gun that does anything like throwing mines or setting up traps like Doldren's Patient Boy or Harec's Easter Egg (but not unheard of) those will likely be Rare weapons if they had those features.

Instead i'm going to bring back my old idea. She should have a gun that shoots 2 rapid fire shots (crit based) that phases through obstructions. Firing these shots has a considerable reload time similar to Shae's guns and causes her to Stress while Reloading, giving away her position.

I think Ill start drawing up some ideas for her on my free time and bring it up here I guess.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 01:19:29 PM
… The raider's ability is the power to open up portals or "Rifts". …
… has the gimmick of shooting small destroyable traps (the same size of the mines that are dropped by the minelayers) …

This reminds me a bit of Overwatch's Symmetra - I'm just saying.

Angeles2099

• View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 01:47:07 PM
Dont know much about overwatch but character likeness happens all the time

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 04:28:10 PM
… The raider's ability is the power to open up portals or "Rifts". …
… has the gimmick of shooting small destroyable traps (the same size of the mines that are dropped by the minelayers) …

This reminds me a bit of Overwatch's Symmetra - I'm just saying.

That is where I got the idea from. Symmetra is my favorite character in Overwatch. I thought using this idea in Spacelords would help out the team a bit. Obvilously not stealing the idea because the traps wouldn't do any damage just hold them in place. I see it as a combination of Ayana's wire and Symmetra's turrents.

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 04:38:39 PM
To Angeles2099

You make some interesting that I do like. Im hoping to give her a huntress personality but with more friendly I suppose. A little less energetic then Rak's personality but not as cold as Ginebra . As for her guns I do believe they don't sound like Local weapons however I'm trying to give her a kit that is mostly support. Slowing the enemies for easy headshots or closing in the gap. The other two are just sorta fillers not full concepts. The rare gun idea was a add-on to your weapon idea in the past however sorta weakened because I felt your idea may have been overpowered however thinking about other local weapons I can see fitting in just fine.

Also I have a friend working on concept art although I would love to see your idea of what she should look like whenever you have time.

Thanks for you suggestions!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 04:47:40 PM by Alex2199 »

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 04:48:24 PM
That is where I got the idea from. Symmetra is my favorite character in Overwatch. I thought using this idea in Spacelords would help out the team a bit. Obvilously not stealing the idea because the traps wouldn't do any damage just hold them in place. I see it as a combination of Ayana's wire and Symmetra's turrents.

It's okay, keep it up. MSE reads everything here in the forum.

Angeles2099

• View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 05:16:24 AM
Bruh I just thought of two similar abilities that NEED to be in this game,

Get this....Body possession and....Body swapping (Mind....Blown, You welcome)

To prevent Antags from simply jumping off a cliff with the Raiders body you can:
Body Possession - Body switches back automatically before death (only when falling), Lock the ability to move physically off a cliff with an Invisible wall, When you possess someone you can only do it for 10 secs and you are stuck in a stationary position. Can only possess Elites and Grunts.

As for Body Swap its just a changing of physical position which isnt that dangerous but fun if you like being tactical.

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 06:34:45 PM

It's okay, keep it up. MSE reads everything here in the forum.

Wait so you think they have already seen this post?

Angeles2099

• View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #9 on: June 07, 2019, 09:57:42 PM
Most likely but responding is a whole other thing so dont count on them to respond to every little thing.