Author Topic: make it work  (Read 1639 times)

sonofoz

• View Profile
make it work
on: June 07, 2019, 09:03:47 PM
that's my only suggestion for this game :
make your game works correctly ! period.

we push the skip scene button ? skip the scene.
we have to put aleph smwhere ? don't make us turn around the item in order to find the sensible spot to activate it whereas we were in front of the bloody thing.
you want grab better than dodge ? make us grab dodging opponents 100% of the time.
you have an opponent lock system ? make us reach our goal when we attack and not sliding along an opponent in front of us.
etc etc etc.

you made clear rules for your game, make them real !

NO exception depending of the player lvl, his stuff, a cheating AI or the moud of your code !

make your game works as it's intended to !

players won't play where there is no fun.
and they can accept to lose against a stronger opponent, but not because their actions are totally random and do not respect the rules edicted by the game himself.

you can become better, buy better equipement etc...
BUT you can't do anything against a shity code who decide that, nope, you won't dodge a series of punch this time.

and that is where we are now : it's not fun nor motivating.
even in victory there is no fun !
 because there is so much bugs during the missions that 50% of the time, it was a pain in the ass to play anyway !

so make it fun to play !
and for that make it works as it should !

bugs are not fun.
cheating AI is not fun.
unplayable game because of ping are not fun.
invincible elites who react at lightning speed and run half the map are not fun.
pack of grunt that you can't fight or run from because they shoot and run stronger and quicker than you and have more health than you have, are not fun.
elite who activate their power nearly before arriving on the map and instant kill you the moment they touch the floor are not fun.
sniper who teleport again and again just the moment you strike at them, being invincible. not fun.
or sniper who fake their teleportation and instatnt kill you the during the time you are repelled by their teleportation. absolutly not fun. 
and there is so much examples, we could go on like this for hours...

you want your community to grow ?
make them have fun playing your game.
and for that, your priority should be to make it works correctly and without cheating AI.

i don't care of lvl, drop ammo, or balance (in the end all seem about who will have the biggest gun anyway...).
the only important thing for this game is to put an end to random actions in fights, because that's the biggest source of fun breaker, and new communication system, better rewards or a good joke of lycus won't change that.

so i don't know how it is on playstation, but on PC it's just a frustrating nightmare.

and i'm ready to bet that's the first reason this game  can't grow.
the game could be cool.
but as it is, it's just NOT FUN.
just a succession of frustrating and irritating bugs and situations.
so players just leave for another one.

and that's a pity, because this game had real potential.
so, bring the fun.