Author Topic: Sudden Death Makes no sense  (Read 6807 times)

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Sudden Death Makes no sense
on: June 04, 2019, 10:08:34 PM
so your telling me when the amount of lives are up, and there are 4 Raiders alive and just ONE of them dies the match ends regardless of who else is still alive..... ok......ok

Dr.Kuzie

• View Profile
Re: Sudden Death Makes no sense
Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 11:08:48 PM
Everyone seems to love this new thing. For me is a no-go because this is not really a team-based feature.  Short Fuse was something like a beta and they change it. Now we got it again.

People who jumps off to a cliff make me lose even harder (who knows why they do this), newbies drink lives like there is no tomorrow, I have lost a game without dying a single time... And still getting the 999 ping games/30+min long.

But oh well. Now you can communicate! Sorta. Kinda. I would kill for the chance to tell someone that he is a bad host. (Is really that hard to make something like Monster Hunter World? Custom orders?)

Dunno for others, but I'm taking a long break in this patch. At least the player base seems to enjoy the game more than ever and thats a good thing.

Just remember. Don't punch the scientist in In Shock.

lokoangel48

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 12:25:50 AM
so your telling me when the amount of lives are up, and there are 4 Raiders alive and just ONE of them dies the match ends regardless of who else is still alive..... ok......ok

I already had 3 games where we lost to an antagonist due to the timer on the last lives, and to make it worse 2 of the games were lost when we only needed literally one aleph to win

4ng3l35iS4h0m0

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 01:14:21 AM
You're*

Angeles2099

• View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 01:58:00 AM
I didnt realize there was a timer

Skyline

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 02:37:15 PM
It was a awesome game before 4th company.
And then updates went
-New Bp system.
-Aleph drop.
-Sudden Death.
Sure they already never stop ruin game more and more in future update.
So if still there were fans of this game to you really it is worth being afraid of what information on this game they will gather next time that to improve it :D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 02:39:13 PM by Skyline »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 07:48:45 PM
Keep that MMR real low, guys. It's the only way to survive this shit show. HEAVY bias for antag. Not sure why MSE is willing to piss on Raiders.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 06, 2019, 03:42:31 AM
Not only do we have this “lovely” biased new feature, mmr has flown in their favour, making match difficulty jump to the 60s+, even if they don’t spawn they would probly win since such difficulty spikes happen even if you have tier6 ppl on the team. The game rewarding trash yet again…

panther826

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 06, 2019, 09:00:39 AM

This needs to be removed before they lose 3/4 of their player base... WAY to much favoritism toward Antagonists... 

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 06, 2019, 06:03:29 PM
In anyway, Sudden Death is ok to me, and it is a part of "team-up or die" concept, but it needs some adjustment.

MSE better to add some incentive for the raiders to gather around.

I want to ask you guys that which options do you prefer?
As an Antagonist, I like Sudden Death because I do not have to chase Ginebra forever in Breath of Hope.
As a Raider, I feel frustrated when I cannot protect team good enough.

So, what to you think of the following options? Also, please tell us why you choose the selection if you like.

A. I do not like the features in the patch 15, new commands, short wounded time, sudden death, etc. Please return to the previous state.

B. Remove Sudden Death completely. I believe it does not help the concept Teamup or Die.

C. Keep Sudden Death, but increase the amount of lives. For example, 16/16/12

D.  Keep Sudden Death. Modify wounded time feature such as, shorten  wounded time (-2.0sec)  if your non-teammate is in the close proximity.

E. Keep Sudden Death. Modify wounded time feature such as:
- Revert the wounded time back to 5.5sec.
- Recover the wounded raider when non-wounded team mate is in close proximity.

F. Combination of the above

G. Your opinion

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 06, 2019, 07:32:49 PM
current version doesn't really bother me.
yes, it's a bit strange to lose as 3players are still alive, and maybe something like 20lives quick respawn /10or12 lives more, long respawn time/ no more respawn, game lost if everyone dies, would make more sens.

but well... it does not bother me this way, and as mention, it prevent the antag to have to defeat an invincible foe.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 09:02:30 PM by sonofoz »

pululon

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 06, 2019, 08:55:57 PM
I don't see the problem of chasing Ginebra... yeah, is a dick move, but killing the protector with a couple of shoots is a dick move too, blowing up the canister in the hands of the raiders too, etc... the pvp goes around of trolling each other

Angeles2099

• View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #12 on: June 06, 2019, 10:57:18 PM
G. Keep everything as is but when sudden Death kicks in have the team fail either when the timer runs out or EVERY raider dies after the available revives runs out.

Addy253

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 10, 2019, 01:11:38 PM
G. Keep everything as is but when sudden Death kicks in have the team fail either when the timer runs out or EVERY raider dies after the available revives runs out.

**BUMP**
Whole heartedly agree with this statement. Lost to a antag as they could only kill the two lowest level players in the group, me and my buddy are still alive but game over..... yea.... sure..... whatever......

Asmun

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 14, 2019, 07:35:41 AM
Another person here to agree that, at the very least, everyone should have to die before the Raiders lose from Sudden Death. However, another suggestion to avoid the running/hiding strat by the Raiders would be, when the team is waiting for Cortez to get back with more lives, all remaining Raiders should be highlighted. Not necessarily max stress, as that would prevent most characters from regenerating health, which would be too extreme, but something so that they can't just make it a game of hide-and-seek. That just doesn't seem fair or fun, in my opinion.