Author Topic: The optional week  (Read 3634 times)

pululon

• View Profile
The optional week
on: June 01, 2019, 09:15:31 PM
I was thinking since the 4v1 idea is what the game is and won't be changing... why don't make the optional antag, a week event every month?
In each month you have a week where the antag mode can be optional, for the queue for antag, you can throw them to whatever squad that decided to play against one, and avoid that much calculation of matches since the group already want to put on a fight with antag.
And then you can use the data that you collect from these events for further updates.

Lancer

• "Do what you will, you'll do it anyway"
    • View Profile
Re: The optional week
Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 10:52:29 PM
I was thinking since the 4v1 idea is what the game is and won't be changing... why don't make the optional antag, a week event every month?
In each month you have a week where the antag mode can be optional, for the queue for antag, you can throw them to whatever squad that decided to play against one, and avoid that much calculation of matches since the group already want to put on a fight with antag.
And then you can use the data that you collect from these events for further updates.
And maybe give a +50% faction and gold bonus to encourage fighting antags during it?

pululon

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 05:03:06 AM
And maybe give a +50% faction and gold bonus to encourage fighting antags during it?
Yeah, that would be really nice

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 06:20:45 AM
Perhaps instead, for missions with rewards placed on them antagonist will not be able to be paired with those missions. so if 4 out of the 17 missions have rewards on them, then those missions will safe.

Alternatively reward qulification can be added upon for rare blueprints. Instead of winning a few times in a row or getting an 8.0 or above (I think that was removed) you can have other factors that come to play in the event of a loss by antag.

pululon

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 12:28:03 PM
Indeed, you can even remove the optional week at all and add some missions antag free every day, changing these mission each day...

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 01:25:05 PM
Indeed, you can even remove the optional week at all and add some missions antag free every day, changing these mission each day...

So basically that would be an optional Antag mode, only with limited missions.

Good times for Raiders, because (most likely) the majority of players would want to play these Antag free missions, and that would also make the matchmaking faster (for these missions). But, well bad times for Antags and the matchmaking for the rest of the "normal" missions, that's why MSE doesn't want an optional antag mode, because that would totally split the already small community of players.

pululon

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 03:30:27 PM
So basically that would be an optional Antag mode, only with limited missions.

Good times for Raiders, because (most likely) the majority of players would want to play these Antag free missions, and that would also make the matchmaking faster (for these missions). But, well bad times for Antags and the matchmaking for the rest of the "normal" missions, that's why MSE doesn't want an optional antag mode, because that would totally split the already small community of players.
That's the point, I always read that some kind of optional antag mode will damage the game, the matchmaking, etc... But I don't see how this can be metered since isn't any true data about it without an optional mode to observe... Maybe with something limited they could observe what the community likes, and act with that information in mind... They can even see if this mode can attract more players and the fact that you have a split community would not matter if you have 3 times more people playing the game, spending cash, than before...
You can even be more limited, with 3/4 days a week, with some missions with optional antag, and gather data from that

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 05, 2019, 04:43:46 PM
That's the point, I always read that some kind of optional antag mode will damage the game, the matchmaking, etc... But I don't see how this can be metered since isn't any true data about it without an optional mode to observe... Maybe with something limited they could observe what the community likes, and act with that information in mind... They can even see if this mode can attract more players and the fact that you have a split community would not matter if you have 3 times more people playing the game, spending cash, than before...
You can even be more limited, with 3/4 days a week, with some missions with optional antag, and gather data from that

Yes, I'm with you, I would love optional modes, but MSE often enough stated that the antag stays in game as sure as day follows night. It would be cool to have a game mode (without pvp), but sadly this is highly unlikely (according to MSE).