Author Topic: Can we Have our Levels Back please?  (Read 3855 times)

Whatever

• View Profile
Can we Have our Levels Back please?
on: May 31, 2019, 07:03:58 AM
I understand that it might not give the best impression when new players are destroyed by a level 377 but can I at least see my level? Or the people in my guild?

This whole “Max” malarkey doesn’t do it for me at all. What’s the point in levelling up anymore? People (especially gamers) like to see a number increasing.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Re: Can we Have our Levels Back please?
Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 09:16:15 AM
Exactly!

Velgeder

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 03:30:44 PM
I agree, levels were a testament to the time a dedication players put into the game. Now it just seems generic and cheap.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 03:41:41 PM
I think this is something important for a group of people. People do not continue playing games, like a MMORPG, just because it’s fun. Sometimes it’s because of Hierarchy and achievement.
“999” is better than “Max”
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 03:43:29 PM by Lehi »

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 05:02:33 AM
Agreed. What a slap in the face to poor Tommy Rawhead who they even bothered to INTERVIEW about his level being 999. Just wow.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 10:48:31 AM
Agreed, I had something to strive for. I wanted to get to 999 like Tommy, so I spent gold on XP boosts. Now that I have no levels there is no need for XP boosts. I was around 740-ish before the change and so I don't need gold for anything. Purple currency is only really good for limited disco balls and I don't want those. so leveling no longer means anything to me. Don't need gold, don't need purple stuff. And so I don't need XP buff, because they just get you more levels.

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 02:44:04 PM
Agreed, I had something to strive for. I wanted to get to 999 like Tommy, so I spent gold on XP boosts. Now that I have no levels there is no need for XP boosts. I was around 740-ish before the change and so I don't need gold for anything. Purple currency is only really good for limited disco balls and I don't want those. so leveling no longer means anything to me. Don't need gold, don't need purple stuff. And so I don't need XP buff, because they just get you more levels.

Yeah it would be great to be able to get other things with the fuckin purple shit. Not weird ass disco balls that do fuck all.

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 06, 2019, 07:29:33 AM
I never understood why they changed it to tiers to be fully honest. Sure people get mad and rage quit whenever they destroyed by a level 200+ but having them as a tier doesn't decrease their player skill or decreases their weapons/card choices. Plus now I see people leaving whenever there is a tier 1 antag. I don't mind the "Max" level that much, although it would be nice to see the numbers again. What I am confused on is why it doesn't tell me the amount of exp I need for leveling up with antag or raider affinity. I know usually two missions is the minimum of antag missions to change it but its still nice to know.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 07:46:45 PM
Sorry, but that was such a stupid descision - taking the players level away but at the same time giving him way more boosters now, thanks to the new monthly rewards!
There's no point in leveling up anymore, the boosters are totally irrelevant!
Now I haven't the slightest incentive to level up anymore, which of course also significantly reduces the fun in playing the game, which already suffered a lot lately, because of these *beep* new features, like aleph drops, limiting ammo, sudden death etc.
If it is the way it is now, then at least give me my level back!

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 07, 2019, 09:43:07 PM
Sorry, but that was such a stupid descision - taking the players level away but at the same time giving him way more boosters now, thanks to the new monthly rewards!
There's no point in leveling up anymore, the boosters are totally irrelevant!
Now I haven't the slightest incentive to level up anymore, which of course also significantly reduces the fun in playing the game, which already suffered a lot lately, because of these *beep* new features, like aleph drops, limiting ammo, sudden death etc.
If it is the way it is now, then at least give me my level back!

I never experneced the sudden death feature yet. Alphe dropping annoying but whatever getting use to it. The limiting of the ammo is what is killing me. You mean to tell me I have to jump into the battle to kill one enemy in CQC to get 6 bullets in my Shae's gun that can hold 175? or grab 4 bullets for a 200 round gun for Valeria? It doesn't make sense. It is a high risk with a low reward.

As for leveling the only reason I get boosters now is to get the extra 2000 gold faster. That's it.