Author Topic: Sudden Death Mode  (Read 9077 times)

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Sudden Death Mode
on: May 28, 2019, 06:00:48 PM
I have strong doubts that this will contribute to the improvement of the game.

Please don't do that, this will totally ruin the solo queue, because if you get teamed up with a bunch of newbies (and that happens quite often), who burn up all team-life, someone has very little chance (or no chance at all) of carrying the game!!

Oh boy, I have to say I'm very disappointed what happens in the recent updates - Aleph drops, now this …  :o ???

Dr.Kuzie

• View Profile
Re: Sudden Death Mode
Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 06:08:49 PM
This is going to be the sudden death for some players. Seems like no one tests this kind of ideas. Or even questions them.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 07:38:04 PM
Short fuse is used to be sudden death. Raiders are given 36 lives at the start of the game. In phase1, Cortez is available so he can fill when raiders run out of 36 lives. In phase2, his ship loses ability to fly due to an accident, so raiders can lose to the game when they all die.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 07:56:23 PM
Lol things have gone full retard haven’t they, this is sudden death, true, but for the game. There really is no coming back from something like this, it will annihilate the remaining raider playerbase, situation is bad as is but once ppl keep on racking those unfair/underserved loses to antagonists they are going to leave and not look back, no matter how good a player is he won’t be able to do anything as your typical antag coward farms lower tiers. Even calling it sudden death is a joke, maybe I missed something but I hear no mention on how many lives antags will get, soooo they are still unlimited? Its only raiders that have a cap? anyone? “sudden death” yea sure…

They keep pandering to children, so that’s all that’s going to be left playing the game, you can see comments by antags on the video in question to understand what their sad player demographic is, everyone else is probably better of gtfo.

Please don't do that, this will totally ruin the solo queue,
They won’t change their mind, they ask for feedback but it’s just a formalityk, as is evident with the aleph changes you mentioned.

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 11:25:01 PM
What could possibly go wrong this is the best game ever.

Yeah what's dealio with that. This is honey bunches o' fun

TheNobleWolf

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 11:57:12 PM
There really is no coming back from something like this, it will annihilate the remaining raider playerbase, situation is bad as is but once ppl keep on racking those unfair/underserved loses to antagonists they are going to leave and not look back, no matter how good a player is he won’t be able to do anything as your typical antag coward farms lower tiers.

Please don't do that, this will totally ruin the solo queue,
They won’t change their mind, they ask for feedback but it’s just a formalityk, as is evident with the aleph changes you mentioned.

You know what's an undeserved win? A raider playing ginembra and running around in a circle as a cat to let the timer expire while I'm playing a 5th council like kuzman and have 0% chance of winning since in that instance my only win objective is to kill raiders.

If all missions had a secondary objective for the antag win this would be unnecessary.

Dr.Kuzie

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 12:03:14 AM
Just for the record, a veteran Ginebra can outrun good old hansome Kuzmann (and others) for HOURS, with sudden death or not. And without raiders to shoot, you probably can't kill her with your arcs! Pretty neat, uh? She can escape a loooooooong time until you ragequit, thus making the raiders win.

Because anything else would be toxic.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 12:06:26 AM by Dr.Kuzie »

TheNobleWolf

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 02:05:57 AM
Just for the record, a veteran Ginebra can outrun good old hansome Kuzmann (and others) for HOURS, with sudden death or not. And without raiders to shoot, you probably can't kill her with your arcs! Pretty neat, uh? She can escape a loooooooong time until you ragequit, thus making the raiders win.

Because anything else would be toxic.

Exactly my point that's an undeserved win in my opinion because the Antagonist was good enough to win a 4v1 but now a gin can just run around to stall for a win

I also think Antagonist should ALWAYS have a secondary objective to win and ways to slow down raider objectives like taking alph from objectives like an engineer. I would actually prefer that to the sudden death but ok.

Maybe with the Master Of Puppets update I'll be able to direct engineers to an area with no raiders so they have a better chance of doing it or be able to call special troops. Cant wait for that update tbh but all this talk of people rage quitting the game because of better balancing is stupid.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 02:10:18 AM by TheNobleWolf »

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #8 on: May 29, 2019, 02:31:26 AM
Cant wait for that update tbh but all this talk of people rage quitting the game because of better balancing is stupid.
yeah agreed. Ginebra and Master of Puppets aside I agree that this is going to be a pretty big pill to swallow i'm going to just wait and see how it feels in a practical setting.

I said this on the Youtube comments but for me on an average Mentor match, two rotations of Aleph pools gets sucked up pretty quickly by careless players without an Antagonist present. Now add one semi-competent Antag on a difficult mission, say White Noise and your looking at a potential shit-show.

I suppose Ill just have to wait and see

There really is no coming back from something like this, it will annihilate the remaining raider playerbase, situation is bad as is but once ppl keep on racking those unfair/underserved loses to antagonists they are going to leave and not look back

Man if I had a quarter every time I heard that kind of stuff I would be able to buy all the cosmetics and characters in this game.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 02:36:21 AM by Angeles2099 »

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 29, 2019, 02:47:28 AM
You know what's an undeserved win? A raider playing ginembra and running around in a circle as a cat to let the timer expire while I'm playing a 5th council like kuzman and have 0% chance of winning since in that instance my only win objective is to kill raiders.

If all missions had a secondary objective for the antag win this would be unnecessary.

You are working under the pretence that antags don’t have the advantage when it comes to preparation and character countering, the scenario you describe would be the antags fault, you as antag can ofc see all raider picks. Now kuzie can be fine against a Ginebra on certain maps that have small areas with narrow corridors such as “A Low Blow” but if you decide to choose kuzie against a Ginebra on open maps such as “Short Fused”, “A Weapon from the Past”, etc, that is entirely your fault, since again YOU have the advantage when it comes to countering raider picks, if you’re going against her you need either a fast moving raider, a raider with a ranged/hitscan weapon or preferably both.

But this is exactly the only thing MSE will “fix” with this update, it will give free wins to antags that think even after making a wrong counter choice they should be able to brute force a win and steal everyone’s time, rewards and enjoyment, getting raiders to a 2nd survival, even without an antag is already brain dead easy if you have even 1 newbie going through lives.

Finite lives have already been proven to be a bad idea in old “Short Fused”, they literally have the evidence of it, WHY Is this coming back? I can’t really wrap my head around it, same as with the new aleph system, they are changing what aint broken…

This cap on raider lives is going to be so exploitable that it aint funny, by both parties, antags think it’s only here to give them power and easier wins, WRONG, raider suiciding will become an even stronger weapon than ever before…

« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 03:00:30 AM by Whitebleidd »

TheNobleWolf

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 29, 2019, 04:34:40 AM

You are working under the pretence that antags don’t have the advantage when it comes to preparation and character countering, the scenario you describe would be the antags fault, you as antag can ofc see all raider picks. Now kuzie can be fine against a Ginebra on certain maps that have small areas with narrow corridors such as “A Low Blow” but if you decide to choose kuzie against a Ginebra on open maps such as “Short Fused”, “A Weapon from the Past”, etc, that is entirely your fault, since again YOU have the advantage when it comes to countering raider picks, if you’re going against her you need either a fast moving raider, a raider with a ranged/hitscan weapon or preferably both.

But this is exactly the only thing MSE will “fix” with this update, it will give free wins to antags that think even after making a wrong counter choice they should be able to brute force a win and steal everyone’s time, rewards and enjoyment, getting raiders to a 2nd survival, even without an antag is already brain dead easy if you have even 1 newbie going through lives.

Finite lives have already been proven to be a bad idea in old “Short Fused”, they literally have the evidence of it, WHY Is this coming back? I can’t really wrap my head around it, same as with the new aleph system, they are changing what aint broken…

This cap on raider lives is going to be so exploitable that it aint funny, by both parties, antags think it’s only here to give them power and easier wins, WRONG, raider suiciding will become an even stronger weapon than ever before…

Well the raiders have 4 people so even if I counter the ginembra move speed with a certain character they most likely have another character that counters me so I might as well enjoy a character I want to play.

In the end I think giving antags a secondary objective or a way to always directly slow down raider objectives would be funner then this but I'll take what I can get

TheNobleWolf

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 29, 2019, 04:36:35 AM
Btw what's wrong with the new alph system?

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #12 on: May 29, 2019, 05:57:21 AM
Me watching the last video

Urgehal

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 29, 2019, 07:37:15 AM
I have strong doubts that this will contribute to the improvement of the game.

Please don't do that, this will totally ruin the solo queue, because if you get teamed up with a bunch of newbies (and that happens quite often), who burn up all team-life, someone has very little chance (or no chance at all) of carrying the game!!

Oh boy, I have to say I'm very disappointed what happens in the recent updates - Aleph drops, now this …  :o ???
I mean...would you rather crash and burn in 10 minutes or do a carry job for 35+ minutes? The gold in the end for the latter is nice I suppose, but at what cost???

We'll see how it goes when this update drops, but "sudden death" doesn't seem that bad IMO...But the Aleph system definitely needs to be reverted back, that's for sure...Oh, and getting actual gold as a mentor in mentor matches (or anything other than worthless EXP) would be nice, as well as upping desertions from 300 to 500...  ;)

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 29, 2019, 10:27:16 AM
Hey guys! :)

The new "suddenly deathly" way of losing a match is mainly meant to control a bit more match durations, in order to keep them within a logical threshold.

After analyzing data from thousands of matches we realized excesively long matches feature many issues for players and very few positive things.

When it comes to the issue of playing with new players who still don't understand the basic systems of the game, we're currently working in a better onboarding for the game. We are focusing of new players' first matches being more easily understandable for them. As always, when these new changes are close to release we'll let you know. :)