Author Topic: Suggestions from a Newcomer (a week into playing the game)  (Read 1915 times)

BeeStripes

• View Profile
This is an extension to my previous post in Gameplay Feedback, “Feedback from a Newcomer (a week into playing the game)”.

So after several days of grinding this gem of a game, I’ve not only admired its unique and quality features, but also its problems or absent features I think should be in the game. Based off of my arguably little experience with the game, here’s what I can list off as suggestions for future updates to the game:

WHAT SHOULD BE CHANGED:
—the level requirements for unlocking missions should be shortened to intervals of 5 (it’s absurd how much XP has to be grinded for just to get to the next chapter of a campaign; over 10 levels being required to unlock certain chapters is pushing it way too far. Kinda breaks the flow of the story a bit imo)
—lives of Raiders should not be increased when an Antagonist joins a match (so it’s not a brain-bursting grind for Antags to wear down Raiders and win in most situations)
—Aleph should be directly transmitted into the player when taking down Elites and other Aleph-carrying enemies (I think Konstantin even says that’s what happens in his mission tutorial, and yet it doesn’t in actuality)
—making or editing SpaceGuilds and banners should not cost anything (like come on. We already need to save up all of that for unlocking characters and such)
—MMR should actually be finely tuned and accurate to player experience (obviously)

WHAT SHOULD BE ADDED:
—a pinging system similar to that of Apex Legends and/or a game chat feature (not only for more in-depth general call-outs, but also to direct confused newcomers so that the players who actually know what’s going on don’t suffer collaterally)
—stealth missions (the enemy aggro/alertness system seems to be put in for this purpose, but from what I’ve played, it’s not used for stealth sections at all and is kind of pointless in the game’s current state)

That’s all I can think of for now. I may have more to say on this topic in the future.

BeeStripes

• View Profile
Oh, and almost forgot:

—add a single player mode for the campaigns (this is a no-brainer)

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
I agree, I don't feel like everything has to be Multi-Player focused all the time. Having missions where its just You and Stealth is actually relevant. I don't like how once you've been noticed by the one enemy all others are alerted as well or how the Aleph when stress physically shows your nervous system behind constructs magically.

As far as stealth goes, there should be a Line-of-Sight and a Noise-Radius system in place of the Aleph. If You have a powerful and foreign energy source flowing throw you as well as being physically fit, you should never actually be stressed out. It would make more sense if the Aleph enhanced you passively in addition to enhancing your cards.