Author Topic: Valeria’s Whip and Shakura  (Read 2282 times)

SniffaXxX

• View Profile
Valeria’s Whip and Shakura
on: May 20, 2019, 09:45:02 PM
With the latest update (identity) we were brought a rework to The Whip
“  - Whip has been reworked: The quantum projectile won't react to Valeria's shots if she's not nearby.”
I personally believe that this effect should be applied to Shakura. Because as it is currently, a player can camp an area with Shakura without ever consuming ammo or even showing their aleph signature. This is insane for Antagonists in certain choke points, such as the first Bridge in Beasts lair. Or the second choke on Medias Res. It’s nearly impossible without the proper raiders. If a proximity activation were added to shakura, it would encourage a high risk/high reward CQC playstyle. Which the gun is very strong when fighting CQC. But being able to do that, and lock down a choke point feels like a little much. If this change were added, I think a color change on the projectile when your in range and out of range to activate the damage would be necessary.

I also believe that the Whip should have its proximity activation removed. Maybe with the trade off of faster ammo consumption or less max ammo. This way, the stationary ad clear playstyle will still exist. But without the strengths of ammo, aleph signature, and CQC.

If both these changes were implemented I think it would help balance out both of these guns and give them both a unique playstyle.

Thank you for reading, I’ll see you on the broken planet :D

« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 11:50:38 PM by SniffaXxX »

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Re: Valeria’s Whip and Shakura
Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 02:12:30 AM
The Whip to me felt like Konstantin's O.Tolchok E10 where its ability to "Push" trumps any nerf you can put on it. The Whip even when nerfed was cleaning house to a very why area.
At the ending of No Reservations you used to be able to lock down the Entire barge with the Whip, At the end of A Fistfull of sand you can also lock down the area to prevent any antag, elite or grunt from physically getting close (except doldren).

But in the Whips case I suppose they found a way

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 02:13:17 AM
I need to do some tests with it

SniffaXxX

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 05:39:49 AM
The Whip to me felt like Konstantin's O.Tolchok E10 where its ability to "Push" trumps any nerf you can put on it. The Whip even when nerfed was cleaning house to a very why area.
At the ending of No Reservations you used to be able to lock down the Entire barge with the Whip, At the end of A Fistfull of sand you can also lock down the area to prevent any antag, elite or grunt from physically getting close (except doldren).

But in the Whips case I suppose they found a way

The thing is, shakura can do all of that. And more. Without any of the drawbacks.