Author Topic: Complaints  (Read 5086 times)

XenoBladeX-3

• View Profile
Complaints
on: May 14, 2019, 07:25:28 AM
Am I the only 1 having fun with this game? All im seeing here are complaints about everything. Ive seen nothing positive about this game in awhile. Threats of people leaving or unistalling if x,y and z dont get changed or reverted. Idk seems really stupid imo
Maybe its because im not playing this game everyday.
(And no this game isnt perfect by any means)

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Re: Complaints
Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 09:51:35 AM
Not having fun anymore sadly, am I going as far as uninstalling? No, not yet at least, but I can’t say I find myself wanting to log in. Before the game could be enjoyed despite the antag presence, some days were quite good even, being able to play for 4-5h and only encountering 1-2, now it’s almost every game, making it literally unplayable imo. Putting aside pvp should be optional, what does MSE think is going to happen when all this tier 0-5 keep getting smacked around by coward lvl200+ antags? (on pretty much every match since the update) Do they seriously think they are going to stick around? If there are tier5 or lower raiders in the party a lvl200+ antag should not be able to invade, there being 1 or 2 max tier raiders does not justify it if the other spots are filled with low tiers, lvl200+ raiders are not babysitters.

Then there’s the new aleph/ammo drop mechanic, and thankfully it looks like I’m not alone in my disdain for it, hopefully the devs listen and revert the changes or at least reach a compromise making drops happen only when raiders are full on aleph/ammo. Combat feels so bad now, waiting around like a dumbass after a kill for aleph/ammo is so damn clumsy and ugly.

Basically I think there’s good reason for many of the complaints, there were good things introduced in the update, but they are overshadowed by the negatives.

XenoBladeX-3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 10:11:13 AM
Aleph and ammo being drop hasnt been an issue for me tbh. If anything its helped spread aleph out evenly to all teammates so everyone is getting there aleph boosts going therefore increasing team performance.
They both drop like 0.5 seconds after a kill so its not like it takes forever like others have claimed. It doesnt slow the game down at all (at least for me).
Antagonist? Well I played about 20 matches today and only encountered 2. We lost to 1 because of the 1 stage where you have to keep the ball in the alter. We just got overwhelmed at the last altar (On top of Raks flame turret thing).
As far as the end of the month rewards, I really like the idea. Gives the incentive to play both sides to maximize rewards. Has it increased Antag activity? Sure. Is that a bad thing? No. Could they try to rework the balance in the game. Definitely.
Idk. I guess this update just isnt for most people. Or maybe I see this differently than others

Omega_Man

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 10:11:39 AM
I like this game because it offers fun PvE with a nice visual style.
I too hate the forced PvP, because my connection is always laggy due to my geographical location (not the games fault) and I just want relax and shoot at bots with other people.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 10:36:51 AM
Aleph and ammo being drop hasnt been an issue for me tbh. If anything its helped spread aleph out evenly to all teammates so everyone is getting there aleph boosts going therefore increasing team performance.
They both drop like 0.5 seconds after a kill so its not like it takes forever like others have claimed. It doesnt slow the game down at all (at least for me).

There seems to be different reasons for disliking the new aleph/ammo drops, and so far I think they’ve all been valid, however for me personally it’s not about it being an “issue” when it comes to difficulty or getting adjusted to it, the new system is not going to make me lose matches, it doesn’t bump the challenge one bit, my problem with it is that it is unsightly, as a said it makes the combat look and feel clumsy, those 0.5-1 seconds make all the difference, a large part of the fluidity of the games combat is currently lost, and that is a damn shame, the one thing holding this game together despite its issues has been the spectacular combat, and a huge part of that just vanished with the update imo.

Has it increased Antag activity? Sure. Is that a bad thing? No.
Depends on who you ask, not only do I think it’s a bad thing, I find it game breaking.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 05:15:39 PM
I'm not understanding the pushback on criticism I'm seeing here. Is it really such an absurd concept to give feedback on a feedback forum?

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 05:27:02 PM
… It doesnt slow the game down at all (at least for me). …

So for me it slows down the game a lot, because I do not get so fast from melee fight to melee fight anymore, because I always have to pick up my aleph or ammo, which is always to be found somewhere behind me, and that for sure costs extra time and further, it's just annoyingly flow breaking.

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 07:26:56 PM
Thank you for the post, Xeno.

All the people having fun are on discord, I believe :-)

but it's true, this forum seems to have a very vocal group (minority in my opinion). However some complain about exactly the same thing on discord, that they have a vocal minority of antag-lovers.

The Devs seem to have a balanced attitude though and take everything posted with a grain of salt.

The aleph and ammo dropping is starting to grow on me by the way, I just wished it dropped a bit faster.

And for all those complaining, that they don't adopt every suggestion. Thank god game developping isn't a democracy or we would all play in a boring world with infinite gold, where everyone always wins without effort.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 10:01:15 PM
You do know that this is the official forum, right? Where else should people give feedback, tell their concerns and wishes, if not exactly here. The forum was created for exactly these purposes.

If you do not want to read any criticism or anything negative about this game, then check out the official Twitter account, there are probably only positive things to read about the game.  ;)

Derrin Errow

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 10:04:02 PM
I have also gotten use to the drop system very quickly, I always tend to adapt to new mechanics quickly. Also Englesgarrd, sorry for all the deaths as shae on double agent, i didnt equip the right cards for my asi. Also I rarely play as the locals so I am not used to getting downed by lasers.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 10:23:52 PM
You do know that this is the official forum, right? Where else should people give feedback, tell their concerns and wishes, if not exactly here. The forum was created for exactly these purposes.

If you do not want to read any criticism or anything negative about this game, then check out the official Twitter account, there are probably only positive things to read about the game.  ;)

Nah the discord is where the cool kids hang out. There's no point in considering criticism from us forum peasants. We should all just live in a world where companies reserve no accountability for the products they produce. Anyone who isn't praising a product clearly has some sort of agenda and can be dismissed and are not welcome. I mean hey, it's not like the games as service model sustains itself on customer confidence and periodic engagement.

Fuck it I'm done. Let the 12 or so dedicated vets circle jerk over how flawless this game is as the game slowly dies. I'm taking my time and my business elsewhere. This game and this forum has been nothing but a source of frustration for me. And you can take that to the bank MSE.

XenoBladeX-3

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 14, 2019, 10:24:25 PM
I'm not understanding the pushback on criticism I'm seeing here. Is it really such an absurd concept to give feedback on a feedback forum?
Im not stupid. Take your sarcasm elsewhere

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 15, 2019, 02:58:59 AM

but it's true, this forum seems to have a very vocal group (minority in my opinion). However some complain about exactly the same thing on discord, that they have a vocal minority of antag-lovers.

The Devs seem to have a balanced attitude though and take everything posted with a grain of salt.

The aleph and ammo dropping is starting to grow on me by the way, I just wished it dropped a bit faster.

And for all those complaining, that they don't adopt every suggestion. Thank god game developping isn't a democracy or we would all play in a boring world with infinite gold, where everyone always wins without effort.
Reaaally?... even with the army of butt sniffers in the discord sometimes trying to shut down meaningful discussion, I’ve seen plenty of complaints towards the new aleph system.

I have also gotten use to the drop system very quickly, I always tend to adapt to new mechanics quickly. Also Englesgarrd, sorry for all the deaths as shae on double agent, i didnt equip the right cards for my asi. Also I rarely play as the locals so I am not used to getting downed by lasers.
Again it’s not about that, adapting to the new system imo isn’t an issue, but that doesn’t make it a good system, on any game there’s countless times when a player has to adapt to inferior UI, bad control mappings, bad designs, but ppl are obviously going to ask for them to be fixed. Though this case in particular is especially bad, because we are talking about a system that was not only perfectly fine but arguably better than its current iteration, I honestly can’t fathom why they changed it, or even where did the feedback come from…

Basically I find the fact ppl can adjust/adapt to something, enough of a basis to call it successful/good, to be short sighted, the two do not necessarily correlate.

Solosmoke

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 15, 2019, 04:38:10 AM
Antagonist? Well I played about 20 matches today and only encountered 2. We lost to 1 because of the 1 stage where you have to keep the ball in the alter. We just got overwhelmed at the last altar (On top of Raks flame turret thing).
As far as the end of the month rewards, I really like the idea. Gives the incentive to play both sides to maximize rewards. Has it increased Antag activity? Sure. Is that a bad thing? No. Could they try to rework the balance in the game. Definitely.
Idk. I guess this update just isnt for most people. Or maybe I see this differently than others

On several counts there, you must be one of the luckiest Raiders. The amount of times I've done and watched others do a spin over a corpse looking for and waiting on the drop is just crazy. It absolutely breaks up the flow of combat. You finish an elite, chain into another leaving your aleph there (because there's literally NO time to pick it up) and another elite comes in, picks it up and then uses it to go immune or call down an airstrike on you before you've even finished the combo of strikes... The new players killing and running off leaving the aleph behind and of course because voice chat is off by default and there's no chat ability, you can't actually "mentor" new players at all. The simplest and most popular solution to this seems to be the overflow method. Full aleph/ammo, it drops instead.

Just this evening, I've played 12 matches had antagonists in 7 of them, possibly 8? So definitely lucky there. I even had a purple T2 antag come in on Upside Down with my (T2 - lvl 88) and three new T6s... How is that even a thing? Thankfully the antag didn't actually give a crap and was clearly there to lower their MMR, just standing in the middle dancing for the entire thing.

The monthly rewards is a good thing, I don't see an issue with it and encouraging people to mix it up is good... but I totally understand the frustrations of others that are essentially being forced to pvp when they don't want to or be punished. Impossible to get the status coins in the monthly rewards unless you do pvp, so better pump those levels instead and forget all about the monthly prizes.

I'll admit, I've been playing for a second compared to others, I'm still new to this game but when I first started playing, I genuinely thought it was the best 3rd person shooter I've played in a looooong time and it was my favourite game; I couldn't believe no one I talked to about it had heard of it (I quickly fixed that). Now however, since the update, without the "legacy player" experience to compare it to, only a few months of the old game, this new update seems to have hindered the game for me. There's pros and cons but unfortunately the cons for me are game breaking at times. I still *try* and play every night for a few hours but I end up spending more time on the menu whilst browsing my phone instead now, struggling to find the motivation to click quick play.

Lancer

• "Do what you will, you'll do it anyway"
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 15, 2019, 05:37:42 AM

thats good and alll buuuut discord is toxic, we atleast can be civil about it, i do agree with the last sentament