Author Topic: Whose your favourite beta char?  (Read 15176 times)

Kid Dracula

• Vampire Overlord
  • MercurySteam Developer
  • Enough Talk! Have at you!
    • View Profile
Whose your favourite beta char?
on: May 18, 2017, 07:41:50 PM
We'd love to know who is your favourite character in the beta and why?

I like Alicia for her nimble speed and aggression, she is great for getting out of trouble quickly and then hitting enemies from above using her super jump. G'day assholes!

Konstantin is also very cool and his gravitation field is super useful when characters come to melee you! Bye bye Comrades!

What's yours!?

MSE_Meta

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Whose your favourite beta char?
Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 12:05:06 PM
Well, this one is hard to answer... So many good strategies for each character...

I guess I'll stick with Lycus Dion. The way he runs feels so powerful, and that's how his shield is recharged, so there's no reason not to be running around most of the time! I enjoy turning his shield on, running to a character that's shooting at me (poor guy, hitting the shield as it recharges!), shooting Dolores once or twice when in range and then melee.
Love the way he executes his victims, and he plays the air guitar with one of his emotes! How can one not love air guitars?

CosmonautCowboy

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 05:33:46 PM
So far my favourite character to play is Konstatin. He's got the firepower to compensate for my lack of subtlety while I try to learn the game's ins and outs!

Janegotagun

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 02:12:54 AM
Shae for me. She is a beast when played right. Alicia is fun too.

Rhynerd

• Raider as of 6/10, if that means anything.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 08:24:48 AM
While I've had fun with most of the characters (outside of Shae, only got to play with her once and that match ended both quickly and painfully), I might have to say Harec. The main reason is probably how, unlike other games I play, I can actually do decent damage and land good hits with his rifle. That, and the satisfaction in stalking behind an enemy in cover and blowing their head off after they thought they were safe.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 07:30:15 PM by Rhynerd »

TehMud

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 09:22:31 PM
For me I really like Hans, especially when I'm the Antagonist. His gun lets me hit players who are hiding right around corners, and once I got the projectile timing down I was able to hit players and enemies at close and long-range. His jetpack also adds a nice bit of mobility and is very useful for a quick escape.

Pranja

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 10:35:28 PM
Alicia for sure, I enjoy fast-paced characters. You can jump/fly around with her all the time. She is super flexible, goes in fast, deals damage fast and then you get out with walljumps. I played her probably the most out of my roughly 30 hours, and she is still not boring to me which is amazing.

Ebisu_rkz

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 05:42:04 PM
For me it's Konstantin because of his firepower, ha can easily kill the minions as soon as they spawn and his special skill is incredible usefull against other players.

I also like Hans because I like how his weapon work, it's the weapon more similar that I found to an assault rifle but I need to get used to his shooting first.

ElvenNeko

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 11:01:55 AM
Hans. He not only has the most effective starting weapon in game, but also awesome jetpack that allows to move across the battlefield and even across the gaps. Only thing that he is missing - is ability to fly up with his jetpack....

Others...

Alicia is the second one, because her shotgun is pretty accurate and fast-fiering. But her special move... well, sucks. You are easy target when you are just stuck in air without moving, and since she need some obstacle to activate jump - it becomes nearly useles.

Lycus has the cool shield that is perfect tool to tank bosses, but his gun is absolute garbage - only few shots, doing just a bit more damage than shotgun, easy to miss, must hit head to do any significant damage.

Shae has the funny ability, but it's somehow hard to use, not obvious enough if it's working or not, long activation. Her gun... i don't even understand it. It's locking on enemies but does nothing but increased damage after full lock, also damage dealt sucks.

Harek is fine. But sometimes his ability buggs and you can't shot, only spy.

Konstantine seems fine too, but he certainly not my style of playing.

RELLIK

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 09, 2017, 04:19:01 PM
Alicica hands down. Vertical mobility is a pretty big thing with grasp of death. Shotty can also pack just enough punch to deal with many opponents when you're crawling. Can be VERY slippery.

Second would probably be Hans right now, for most of the same reasons. His blue print weapons both seem very useful/actual improvements compared to say, Alicias "eager".

Third would be Lycus, but only with better weapon and extended shield. Wicked snarl is awesome, gives me Heavy Metal 2000 vibes :)