Author Topic: Aneska tease?  (Read 8644 times)

BlaZeMaN

• View Profile
Re: Aneska tease?
Reply #15 on: October 08, 2018, 08:48:23 PM
That is a very good point, Lehi. In fact, in trying to understand the storyline from a linear perspective, I found that considering some missions as side stories within the larger narrative helps organize it a bit better.

In this way we can consider moments where Schneider dies as conclusions to small stories meant to explain more about the characters involved. That is not to say it makes any more sense. But, organized in this way the missions begin to take on some cohesion.

Some events, like Valeria's mind wipe, can only happen at certain points in the story because, in this instance, they also learn about the Nimrods straight away. The Nimrods are a much greater threat than a lot of the other early missions deal with, so they would logically take priority.

It is a little useless to apply logic to the missions narrative but you're right. Aneska "dying" at the end of DoW could simply be considered an ending to another side story that is not necessarily part of the larger narrative.

The only reason I would continue to doubt Aneska's appearance is because she is very loyal to Krausher. She only considered leaving Hades when they had no more enemies to fight back in the Solar System. It is Krausher's mech that she uses, not hers and she doesn't seem to think of it as hers because she basically agrees with Krausher that she could have done better with the suit.

Switching that level of loyalty around, where she could have pulled a Lycus and stole the mech but doesn't even consider it, would be a tall order. Even if Krausher is dead.
Hanging By A Thread is already inconsistent with everyone outside the first 3 Raiders and Hans . Also , it's not as if we need some batshit crazy twist or whatever . Let each character define themselves as they are . At this point , I wonder how MSE would justify lots of these continuities ( if they ever do) . As for the side stories being perceived as a part of a bigger narrative with examples like Upside Down , I can agree with most of your points people .

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 08, 2018, 09:15:37 PM
A little birdie told me today that the most recent patch placed brand new files into the game regarding Alexa in the player section, with a faction code, when she was previously outside of the playable character data ;)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 08, 2018, 09:22:37 PM
LOL, I like how the game's name is now becoming "Spacelord Mother Mother".

PohtHehd

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 08, 2018, 10:23:07 PM
A little birdie told me today that the most recent patch placed brand new files into the game regarding Alexa in the player section, with a faction code, when she was previously outside of the playable character data ;)

You're always one step ahead. I will continue to play devil's advocate though, for the sheer erotic thrill.

Also, sweet.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 10:34:02 PM by PohtHehd »

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #19 on: October 09, 2018, 06:42:14 AM
If you read that bit of Aneska Lore in the Universe section, Krausher treats her like shit (He actually slaps her with that back of his hand), her fellow Hades soldiers are afraid of her and the only place she feels comfortable is in her Massive Mech. They even mention that the one thing she misses most is earth and that she cant confront her guilt. she goes into her Mech to find comfort and to forget whats troubling her.

I think it's safe to say she's not exactly cheering for the Hades Division. It's more of a Obligation to Krausher who she is mildly intimidated by. So if she happened to meet Harec and hear his offer to potentially send her back to her true home she will likely be happy to hear it and return back to Krausher as a double agent.

Just so you guys know, there were at least 3 battles we know of where she uses her Mech, the most notable one is the massacre of Phobos. Aneska only used a small 30% of her Mechs battle potential and Krausher knew it (He was pissed) she never actually pushed it to 100% before and shes the only person alive that can. In that battle between the Umbra Wardogs and the Hades Division, it was Lycus Dion, Hans and Mikah when they were all officers, and they were struggling to hold the armies of wardogs back. The second Aneska arrived (and she used 30%) she vaporized and tore apart every last wardog in battle and forced the generals to retreat.
If you look back at that boss battle from this perspective, you can understand that she very very much let us win that fight and faked her "death". That fight must of used, what 10% or less of her capabilities and yet she was defeated by…..4 raiders. No lol.

So how is this going to work, Either Lycus Dion, Ayana Kwena, Mikah or Hans can set up a meeting with Harec, he gives the offer, she accepts and during the Destroyer of worlds she goes out of her way to make an appearance and sabatages Kraushers goals, killing him in the process.

Note: Frankly it makes me wonder, if 30 % can do what it did can't 100% destroy Krausher planet cracker thing?

PohtHehd

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 09, 2018, 07:37:57 AM
Truly remarkable exposition on the subject.

The idea of 100% power is quite a thing. The only downside to the mech suit is that it requires a massive amount of Aleph to maintain itself, as we see during the fight she has to refuel regularly in order to maintain her abilities. But, this could be because she has to constantly accelerate and stay in flight to keep up with the ship.

Also, in DoW, the point is that they want to keep the ship intact but also kill the Raiders, so she cannot do what she did on Phobos. The ship is full of Aleph and is being transported to the Hecatoncheir. Krausher even says that it is more valuable than the lives of his men(or does he mean more valuable than the Raiders? I can never understand what he says). Either way. Ship has to make it or they would have just shot it out of the sky the moment the Raiders started winning.

I doubt, though, that Aneska would stay in the Hades Division for as long as she has if she were hit like that every time she gave a report. It is an emotional scene between two larger-than-life characters. Krausher is unsure of his ability to keep Hades together while also fighting a three front war. Aneska is the only trump card they have that is ever used practically. The Hecatoncheir is still being constructed. He needs her and that slap is his emotion lashing out against his inevitable fate of being stuck on the Broken Planet.

He knows Aneska is doing something no other human can do, that even he can't do, but he has to do something to feel like he is disciplining her, to keep some normalcy in their world. He knows Aneska is Hades Division's only key to survival.

I probably have read too far between the lines but that piece of lore seems to suggest, to me at least, that her reputation, her responsibility and her duty are weighing heavily on her. Thus, she shuts her eyes and drifts away "far away from everything, especially from herself."

Rather than an exhibition on how terrible her life is on a daily basis. She is a soldier, a hardened soldier with a kill count rivaling our most destructive weapons. Even if she would find offense to those things acting upon her; the slap, the chiding, the gossip and being homesick, she would not let it affect her as she has most likely been hit by worse and been called worse. I don't find it likely that someone as stoic as Aneska would get depressed from these things, to the point where she just wants to sleep.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 07:46:48 AM by PohtHehd »

pululon

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 09, 2018, 12:38:01 PM
The game should have a "no story" mode, so you can play with any character in any mission :P