Author Topic: We need a better Local starter  (Read 2598 times)

Derrin Errow

• View Profile
We need a better Local starter
on: October 02, 2018, 04:11:30 PM
I feel like we need a replacement for Harec in the locals faction for newcomers.
The main problem is just how squishy they are so we have constantly have Baby Harecs. I feel like the replacement needs to have 80 health instead of 60 health but still have that stealthy gameplay, but anything else I don't know how to balance it out and what powers and weapons he or she has.

reaperofsorrows7

• View Profile
Re: We need a better Local starter
Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 04:47:26 PM
60 is fine once you get farther in the game. They are meant to be glass cannons basically.
What needs to change in the local raider that is available. Harec requires alot of skill to use even at higher MMR, even his skill requires some though to use. I would propose using shae as a starter since she requires less skill to kill enemies and her bewitch skill adds survivability at close quarters. That is if new players understand how to use powers, so a new training tutorial is a must.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 05:02:51 PM
60 is fine once you get farther in the game. They are meant to be glass cannons basically.
What needs to change in the local raider that is available. Harec requires alot of skill to use even at higher MMR, even his skill requires some though to use. I would propose using shae as a starter since she requires less skill to kill enemies and her bewitch skill adds survivability at close quarters. That is if new players understand how to use powers, so a new training tutorial is a must.
No shae is a worst starter, her default stock gun is trash and bewitch doesn't even work on close quarters. Atleast harec can teleport around and his default gun can take out enemies pretty quickly. Honestly out of all the locals he's probably the easiest to start with.

reaperofsorrows7

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 07:26:22 PM
Her gun is easier to secure kills with as it has lock on so the weapon skill floor and cieling are alot lower and any sniper that keeps brawling groups of enemies are being silly. Bewitch can affect enemies at close range, just run when doing so to break line of sight. Harec's stalking ability requires aiming to a location and sticking there which is pretty hard in a chase. Even then, enemies can shoot you unless like A Breath of Hope you stick to some unreachable location. Just giving them a boost in base health is not the way to go even though im in favor of this since im biased. Though if a faction card did this i think it would be fine.

Derrin Errow

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 08:20:40 PM
I mean that we could have a new Local raider that has 80 hp instead of 60 to give them just a little more room for error but of course balance it out in other parts of the kit.