Author Topic: Beta Feedback - Xbox One  (Read 3228 times)

BluWolve

• View Profile
Beta Feedback - Xbox One
on: May 18, 2017, 01:23:32 AM
Didn't get to test the game as much as I wanted due to internet troubles, but from what I did play it was heaps of fun. I enjoyed playing as a team and solo mode. The combat and movement around maps feels natural and snappy, and the characters I tried out were varied enough to make each not feel too similar to the last.

The cover based combat may benefit from a button to use, like in GoW or The Division. Too often found myself and saw others snapping onto the wrong piece of cover or on the wrong face of the cover.

Out of the characters I tried I definitely felt tweaking was needed for things like ammo count and skills. For example - Hans seemed very ineffective for mid range combat with such a low ammo count between reloads. Ineffective for long range combat due to the slow travel speed of his bullets, and too weak for close range combat. However with the proper tweaks he could become quite useful. Just my opinion of course.

Things need to be explained better for casual player. I don't mind reading through menus to find information but for casual players who just want to jump in and play it may be confusing. The tutorial did an ok job of explaining the combat basics, but the more advanced mechanics could use some kind of tutorial or tooltips to enlighten new players to just how deep the game can actually be.

Next session I will try and stick to one character and get as much info about them and the upgrade/unlock paths as possible. Will post back again with that feedback :)

If anyone had any questions about my opinions or disagrees with any of them - feel free to post here and discuss.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 01:26:59 AM by BluWolve »

Kid Dracula

• Vampire Overlord
  • MercurySteam Developer
  • Enough Talk! Have at you!
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Feedback - Xbox One
Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 07:20:20 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Hope to kick your...I mean see you on this weekends beta :-)

BluWolve

• View Profile
Re: Beta Feedback - Xbox One
Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 12:37:00 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Hope to kick your...I mean see you on this weekends beta :-)

Missed the last one, but I should be around for this weekends beta.  Feel free to send a friend request on xbox live, gamer tag is the same as username here. It might help with matchmaking and give you a better chance of hunting me down ;)

See you on the broken planet!