Author Topic: 2 Player Start in a 4 Player Game  (Read 2829 times)

Whatever

• View Profile
2 Player Start in a 4 Player Game
on: May 10, 2019, 09:53:02 AM
Hello,

I do understand why starting a level with two players (& Cortez Bros) was implemented to reduce waiting time however can I please have the option to turn it off? 60%ish of my Raider games start like this. The chances of a successful game with me, baby Harec and the Cortez Bros on MOM is zero.

I think the concept is good but I’d like to be given the choice of playing now or waiting for two more people.

Thanks.

Lancer

• "Do what you will, you'll do it anyway"
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Player Start in a 4 Player Game
Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 04:15:09 PM
Im pretty sure the cortez bros is only if a raider disconnected,  cuz i have never had a game start without either 4 raiders

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 04:20:21 PM
actually, after the patch you do get games with 2 Cortez, however rumour has it, that you'll never get an antag there.

It's still not worth it, and every game like that, we surrender at the beginning.

Whatever

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 03:33:15 AM
Same here and as most of the other players (batting those who are new) choose to do the same I would say it’s perhaps not working.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 03:50:22 AM
I actually love this, one of the few good gameplay related changes in the patch, my only complaint would be that I can’t start a match manually in this way when I don’t have a full group.

It’s weird that you’re getting it so often though, it’s still very rare for the game to start a match with less than 4 on my end.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 08:02:06 PM
Actually I loved this. Me and my friend had this happen a few times now and we've had a blast. NEVER any antag, the AI is based on only our MMR so it's pretty balanced. The cortez players are better than a lot of tier 5, 6 and 0 players and never un out of lives. We feel lucky when this happens. Most fun we ever have.

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 11:43:16 AM
Hi there! :)

Truth is when the patch kicked in some of the matchmaking values were tweaked a bit too aggressively, what's why you may have witnessed so many matches with two Cortez buddies last week, but not so many right now.

As for now, we are currently experimenting with many new matchmaking features and tweaks in order to make your playable experience as good as possible. :)

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 06:26:06 PM
Hi Ojuel,

Thanks for the update. My I suggest that you could have a blog/discussion/discord-news or something small, where you keep those interested up to date if you tweak stats, perhaps explain just a bit what got tweaked and what consequences you hope to get.

That way, if someone feels that matches get harder, etc. they can look if something changed, what changed, if it changed the way MSE wants it and leave a comment if it has any nasty sideeffects.

Example: it was tough to get a match as high mmr antag, you seemed to have tweaked it so that a higher mmr difference was possible. Then Hack got a match with difficulty 0 because he was so much higher than the raiders, then you tweaked it back a bit. It would have been nice to have one place to look up changes and discuss them, and to report problematic behaviour to.