Author Topic: Hans Usu and cards, technical question and remark.  (Read 3947 times)

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Hey, so I did some tests with Hans, using the Usu, always on fistful of sand on solo, hardest mode.
The cards I tested were: linear moment (rare) and non-rare Turbojet.
The damage was always tested on shotgunners, torso shots, no crits.

My findings:
Damage non-flight: 35
Damage flight (no cards): 60
Damage with Turbojet: 79
Damage with linear moment: 81

With Aleph boost:
Damage with Turbojet: 82
Damage with linear moment: 85

Given some variation, I estimated the average.

Analysis:
- There is no significant difference between +25% faster travel and +75% faster bullets, this should be very weird.
- There is (probably) no significant difference between aleph boost and no aleph boost on both cards, which should be mathematicly unlikely.

Conclusion:
This would imply, that there is either a function involved with diminished return on investment (logarithm or square root), or there is a maximum speed modifier on the weapon. Both seem unlikely in game design (but possible).

Dear MSE, could you please check your formulas. If you are allowed to share them, I would be very interested.

Edit: for further testing my hypothesis, I would need a Rak with frenzied tracker, hoping that it works on flight as well.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 09:59:37 AM by Engelsgaard »

Chiki40

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Hans Usu and cards, technical question and remark.
Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 11:53:32 AM
I'll try to take a look into this when I have some time.

Edit: for further testing my hypothesis, I would need a Rak with frenzied tracker, hoping that it works on flight as well.

About this, Rak speed buff won't take affect on flight.

Chiki40

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Hans Usu and cards, technical question and remark.
Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 12:58:10 PM
Hello again!

Indeed, there is a hard max speed limit which caps the max damage multiplier applied to USU projectiles. This limit can be overpassed using the cards you mention. In some local tests, I could overpass it using TurboJet with 5 charges, and Linear Movement with and without 5 charges.

Design team has approved increasing this limit so it won't be reached with normal cards usage, but this won't happen in next patch (Team up or die).

Just for your info, after this change, Linear Movement will be more efficient than TurboJet in regarding USU damage.

Thank you for the report!