Author Topic: A little rant.  (Read 4406 times)

MooFunMan

• View Profile
A little rant.
on: May 07, 2019, 09:53:46 PM
I love the "help" of my 10 easy to mow down adds when I am playing antagonist. What the fuck am I gonna do to a stalk spamming heric, rak, an alicia player with the smoking daisy one shotting me , and a Hans? I know what to do. Get fucking bullied by the hans, alicia and rak in cqc while the bots are doing fuck all to the raiders, leave the game, and lower my MMR so I can bully some noobs. 

So MSE when we say fix the game we don't mean add a new way to pay for the game we mean improve this game, or its gonna die.

MSE would know the problems with the game if they actually played it. (I highly doubt it).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 05:21:04 PM by MSE_Karen »

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Re: A little rant.
Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 06:40:54 AM
sometimems mmr doesn't match the skill, that is a problem. However they did buff antags in a couple of passive ways in the new patch (ammo/aleph drops on the ground, and you can move that egg around).
It subjectively it felt harder, yesterday I had low tiers as antags and they did a great job, one even won.

Antagging can be frustrating though, since you're dead 50% of the time, even with a good (but not great) gameplay. I recommend some antag-streams (from "known" antags on discord video content) that not only show you that you can win without dying, but also how to do it.

But as yours was only a rant, let me respond by - git gud :)

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 05:50:32 PM
Reminds when my team fought an asshole Hans Antagonist when I picked Harec. I would snipe the guy to either take a big chunk of his health or outright down them leaving the rest to a Doldren who was all over his ass. After we did it for about 5 times the douche left the match.

Lowering your MMR does fuck all since rank 1 players also lower them. Said that, I can't really feel sympathy for whining antagonists so I hope spammer Harecs pursue you in your dreams.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 05:19:48 PM
Hi MooFunMan,

We understand your frustration, but we can't tolerate inappropiate language in the forum, so I need to edit your post.

Our updates and patches are based on the community's feedback and we try to improve with each one of them.

Thank you all for letting us know your concerns.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 03:28:38 AM
With all due respect... At what point did the community ask for the aleph system to be overhauled? No one was complaining about that aspect. Not even in relation to existing complaints.

I'm just saying that it is hard to believe that these updates are, in fact, based on community feedback. If it was about the feedback, there would be acknowledgement of the overwhelming negative feedback regarding this most recent update.

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 12:15:13 PM
With all due respect... At what point did the community ask for the aleph system to be overhauled? No one was complaining about that aspect. Not even in relation to existing complaints.

I'm just saying that it is hard to believe that these updates are, in fact, based on community feedback. If it was about the feedback, there would be acknowledgement of the overwhelming negative feedback regarding this most recent update.

I answered something related to the ítems drops in this other thread, you might want to check it out: https://www.spacelordsthegame.com/community/index.php?topic=27026.msg41576#msg41576

I'd also like to clarify that gathering and reading community feedback is a really important part of our development process indeed, but not the only thing that guides it.

We're constantly improving, changing and developing new systems, even when people may not be complaning about the existance/lack of any of them. :)

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 05:59:53 PM
I love the "help" of my 10 easy to mow down adds when I am playing antagonist. What the fuck am I gonna do to a stalk spamming heric, rak, an alicia player with the smoking daisy one shotting me , and a Hans? I know what to do. Get fucking bullied by the hans, alicia and rak in cqc while the bots are doing fuck all to the raiders, leave the game, and lower my MMR so I can bully some noobs. 

So MSE when we say fix the game we don't mean add a new way to pay for the game we mean improve this game, or its gonna die.

MSE would know the problems with the game if they actually played it. (I highly doubt it).
There are some raiders who are downright nasty to play against. Yes, Alicia with her smoking daisy weapon (worse is her Rock & Roll), which by the time she's on you, jumping all over the place you're pretty much dead. I do think a nerf on her special ability is needed. To be able to constantly spam her double jump isn't really fair and in some maps , with plenty of walls and obstacles to jump off, she's unbeatable.
Harec, can be very hard, especially when you don't know where he is and he's just waiting for you.
Hans, with a CQC card equipped can pretty much kill you in one, especially if he has an added bonus card of more damage after using jetpack.
Rak, he can be incredibly difficult, especially if he disables you first with his weapon..

However, there are ways to beat them and it's just through practice. Doldren, in my opinion will take out all of them incredibly easy, especially with CSC card equipped. With his machine gun equipped, you can soften them up easily for a CQC kill. Shae, with her last rare weapon (Sa'Dhu?) can one shot an enemy, especially with weapon bonus damage cards equipped.
I don't play Harec much, but again, finding a good spot to snipe can destroy the enemy, especially with a good weapon equipped that does one hit kills.
I haven't played Iune yet so can't speak for her.

You could save up for Loaht who, when he takes Beast form will slice through Antagonists like a hot knife through butter, one hitting them all. If he gets in amongst a pack of raiders, it's hasta la vista raiders.

You could get your own Rak, equip some Cqc and Pushka card bonuses and cause havoc.

You could buy a Hive, equip some CQC cards and utilize your special ability, increase pool health and drop some health stealing bombs on the floor (Grenade launcher 2nd weapon) of where you fight to quickly dispatch of the enemy.

The thing about this game is simply to play and understand your enemy.

Don't get me wrong though. There will be times you'll come up against a team you simply won't beat, that is who'll run around as a team and take you out if you come in close to attack. That is unless you're Loaht, who loves teams like this.
Personally, I like using Shae. I like to Bewitch them and then snipe them, killing them in one shot, especially with her first weapon. Even better, use her Sa'Dhu weapon, a CQC card and the card that removes 75% of pressure after a CQC kill (100% with Aleph superboost) and you can kill incredibly quickly. A burst of 6 shots from this weapon is a kill on most and if not, will drop them into wounded for an easy finish.

Again though, it depends on the team. If you're up against a team with two Antagonist killers, or even a good one (Doldren) then you're going to have a really hard time surviving, especially when all one of them does is simply stalk you throughout, waiting for you to appear and then on you. It's just the way it is unfortunately.