Author Topic: Elite Grapple VS Player Grapple  (Read 2913 times)

NikkiRevenge85

• View Profile
Elite Grapple VS Player Grapple
on: April 27, 2019, 03:20:45 AM
One of the biggest issues I've seen with the CQC is the Grapple vs Elite and Antagonist players. Frequently when fighting with Elite Enemies there are instances of executing a Grapple a second before an Elite executes their Grapple but the Elites Grapple triggers and mine fails. This isnt while their immune either. Many players I know have experienced this and is one of the biggest causes of death. I also notice that the grapples are much more likely to fail if very close to the enemy. But the question remains why does the elites grapple work when they are triggering theirs obviously after I've all ready triggered mine? Also with the antagonists I've seen grapples be avoided by dodges which that's not supposed work. So dodgy antags are getting out of grapples and then grappling raiders. Has anyone else experienced this? Thoughts?  :)

Whatever

• View Profile
Re: Elite Grapple VS Player Grapple
Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 07:01:50 AM
Honestly, this is likely due to lag.

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 07:32:40 PM
Honestly, this is likely due to lag.

That was literally what I was thinking when reading that. If the player host has bad connection all sorts of "unfair" glitches might happen.

Mindwarper11

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 08:18:45 PM
Definitely not lag. Happens pretty regularly, and you can watch it happen to others. Now the antagonist roll probably is lag.ive seen some stupid stuff with a bad host connection, including surviving things that should have killed me.

Mednafen

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 03:32:02 PM
shameless self plug:
I put together a set of grapples, that are relatively safe to execute.

https://spacelords.fandom.com/wiki/Safe_Grapples

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 01:59:07 AM
Maybe it's your connection. Sorry I'm still pissed that the cqc system is broke. And instead of working on it the devs blame the connection and won't look into it. Seems like the cqc system is just balance against the raiders and that's how it's going to stay.

Thing is it cannot just be lag because:
A. Raiders cannot interrupt elites/antags grapples once their animation connects. But, ads/elites/antags can interrupt raider grapples at any point before the animation concludes.

B. The coding mechanism that targets which entity to grapple is trash. It ignores the direction you're pointing the stick and always seems to favor ads and invincible elites rather than downed elites/antags within grapple range.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 02:20:36 AM by Placelord »