Author Topic: Took a long break from the game, still needs changes  (Read 2259 times)

Optic Cr3at0r

• View Profile
I'm just getting back into the game after a while.  Last time I played it was still called raiders of the broken planet. I can't speak for others but the reason I left was because of the steep prices of gold for campaigns. I'm glad to see that gone but it seems that steep gold prices were just moved from campaigns to characters.  A personal goal of mine is to get hive, doldren, and ginebra but as many of you many of you may already know,  that's alot of gold. Luckily I've already gotten hive but doldren and ginebra together costs 288,000 gold.  Seriously,  with the low amount of gold you get from winning a match and even lower from losing with an antagonist just being in the match, how was ever seen as a good idea.  If there's anything that'll make me leave the game permanently, it'll be this.

With the steep level locks for missions and raiders, it all looks like a cheap and blatant way of forcing to pay for the gold.  If the raider prices or gold earning from missions don't get changed I doubt their new rewards system will change much. I'd rather spend money on a game to support them and to get a good skin instead of gold because of the earnings are so low. Right now it seems better to just play only twice a day for the daily rewards rather playing consistently.

There's much more I could talk about but it's nothing much that hasn't already been said a million times over like flinch being awful and should be done away with or weapon and A. I changes.

I don't know about anyone else,  but I'm not gonna continue playing a game that I'm not enjoying and not progressing.

Honestly I really like the game and want it to be successful. MercurySteam has a very unique game on their hands and has potential to be a really great game. Personally I can't judge them too harshly since I don't know any of their other games if they have any others, but I will say ]to very unfair to compare them to warframe and DE.
I do hope the game gets better sooner rather later when everyone's quit the game.
Thanks for reading and feel free to comment as well
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 08:40:34 PM by Optic Cr3at0r »

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Re: Took a long break from the game, still needs changes
Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 09:47:00 PM
it seems to me, that you are a very casual player, which isn't a bad thing. But some rewards are only given to those, that put more hours in, and that's fine.
It is true though, that the game is hard on people that play only for 1-2 hours per week.

On the plus side, it's not pay to win, even the starter characters have their strengths and you'll get matches with your tier that should be fine.

So I hope you either enjoy the casual aspects or find a game better suited for casual players, which gives you rewards faster.

Optic Cr3at0r

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 01:14:38 AM
I don't play the game casually,  in fact I for the most part I dedicate the whole day to playing spacelords. Honestly I want to spend more time and enjoy the game,  that's why I want these changes because currently I'm not actually being rewarded for the time I'm putting into the game. I do play the games that require time and dedication like warframe and borderlands franchise, a grind for gear and rewards isn't a problem.  It's a problem when I earn just above 2k gold per mission assuming we get the appropriate score while raising my mmr meaning I'll have to spend currently 17k gold or a rare costing 66k to buy and level up weapons assuming I get the right blueprint since the game doesn't tell me until they change it to where it tells me before I start the mission and continue to grind 288k gold for doldren and ginebra. Even for those that do spend slot of time on the game,  that's alot of time doing missions that give just above 2k.

Now I'm not saying that the game is pay to win since buying raiders doesn't give you any actually advantage over others or the base raiders aren't good,  but there are others that people want and again I have no problem spending lots of time on the game, but I can recognize when the rewards isn't worth the time invested.

Them lowering the gold requirements or increasing the earnings of gold and faction points can only benefit the game and it's players.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 10:14:03 PM
I am right there with you. I'm seeing changes but I ain't seeing any that are trying to fix the core problem. The problem being low return on investment. For every hour of play I might get 10 minutes of satisfaction if I'm lucky. Long que times, inconsistent difficulty, trolly antags, being forced to watch cutscenes, being forced to go through 2 post mission breakdowns, getting low rewards for the most time consuming and frustrating matches, being benched for 5+ minutes if I get kicked or disconnected, being stuck in unwinnable loops because people either don't know they can surrender or don't want to dispite being stuck in a quagmire. Ugh.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 11:25:29 PM
it seems to me, that you are a very casual player, which isn't a bad thing. But some rewards are only given to those, that put more hours in, and that's fine.
It is true though, that the game is hard on people that play only for 1-2 hours per week.

On the plus side, it's not pay to win, even the starter characters have their strengths and you'll get matches with your tier that should be fine.

So I hope you either enjoy the casual aspects or find a game better suited for casual players, which gives you rewards faster.

I am level 700+ and have over 2k hours in this game and can tell you this game needs higher rewards. So...