Author Topic: Antag System Suggestion - Random Idea  (Read 110 times)

DxCHUNKxYa

• View Profile
Antag System Suggestion - Random Idea
on: April 16, 2019, 04:49:23 PM
Personally I like playing raids against antag.  What sucks is that usually at least one of three things happens:

1) Rookies just give the antag an endless supply of aleph boosts.  I literally have no chance.  It looks like Royal Rumble Wrestlemania out there was endless Rak and Loaht suplexes. 

2) Experienced raiders become mentally paralyzed and cower in the corner because they are afraid to die at the hands of the antag.  In other words, there's no teamwork being utilized.  I think/hope the "Team-up or Die" part of the roadmap will solve this. 

3) Rookies and veterans alike desert the mission because they are not interested in PvP at the moment.

But, here's and idea to help with some of the negative feelings towards it:

To be an antag you have to purchase the Uras Beherit antag skin for mercury points.  This will counteract any perceived toxicity, because anyone antagonizing will be a patron for the game and the community in general. 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 05:06:09 PM by DxCHUNKxYa »

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Re: Antag System Suggestion - Random Idea
Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 11:13:30 PM

2) Experienced raiders become mentally paralyzed and cower in the corner because they are afraid to die at the hands of the antag.

DxCHUNKxYa

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 11:19:43 AM
Ok, but what about the meat and potatoes of my comment?  If people really like 2 antag they can pay.  Having a 2nd loadout is a big, big part of gameplay and has a paywall.  Why not antag?   The money can be used to improve gameplay and reduce lag.  Everyone wins.

Angeles2099

• Guild:Uras-Acolytes PSN:Angeles2099
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 10:37:29 PM
I'm not sure they'll agree to putting a Paywall in front of anything related to gameplay, for better or worse. Plus what if there was some new player who can't affort to pay who simply wants to see whats its like and can't. For Honor did that with a game mode and damn near no one bought it.