Author Topic: Mikahs Barrier and Spiral clip  (Read 4291 times)

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Mikahs Barrier and Spiral clip
on: April 15, 2019, 11:19:33 AM
Hi, I asked already on Discord. Nobody was sure and it was suggested that I ask MSE directly.

Mikash Barrier weapon uses the rest of the clip to convert it as a shield. The shield seems to have 2 variables, duration and HP.
If I use the clip with 50% (10 out of 20) bullets left, the shield starts with 50% HP and I believe full duration.

What is the effect of spiral clip to the shield? Does it have 50% more HP (since I use 30 bullets to spawn it)? Does it change anything of the max duration?

Or is it more like you use 100% of the clip then you get 100% shield, not regarding how big the clip is?

Thanks in advance

MSE_Jvela

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Mikahs Barrier and Spiral clip
Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 12:20:33 PM
Hi Engelsgaard!

The HP of the Barrier's shield is set based on the remaining % of weapon's clip. So as you said, if you have 50% of the clip, the shield will have 50% HP, no matter how many bullets you spend.

On the other hand, the shield always last the same amount of time.

Hope this helped you,

Thanks!

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 10:14:22 PM
So the card is wasted on this weapon. That sucks. Wish I had any way of knowing that before pouring a bunch of ammo down the toilet.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 03:02:16 PM
I wouldn't say it's wasted since when you do shoot you will have more bullets to do so and it's actually performing quite well now. Having more bullets for any of her guns was never necessary so much as it was just plain useful to not reload as often. She's one of two characters who 'can' even do so outside of Forge with Alicia being the other.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 04:17:56 AM
As far as I know each character has a max limit to thier ammo pool. Clip size increases don't alter the max limit. Max is 112, regular clip is 20, spiral clip is 30.

If you're placing barriers at full clip you can get 6 barriers without spiral, and only 4 barriers with spiral. For my set up; average damage per shot is 30.

So factoring for bullets that get eaten (10 per barrier * 4 barriers * dam per bullet 30) that is an estimated 1200 damage that is not being delt to enemies, and is not aiding in defense. Incidently,  the 40 wasted bullets is nearly half of Mika's max ammo pool (only 16 short).

I thought maybe expending the excess ammo before placing a barrier might help. Though since the effectiveness is % based it just results in more but weaker barriers.

I've been using this card wrong way too long.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 04:26:22 AM
Makes me curious if smoking Daisy is the same...?

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 12:40:07 PM
1. Thanks for the answer Jvela, it's much appreciated.

2. Placelord, you're thinking about overall damage, but think about it this way: While tanking Kuzman, you need half a clip (as example, sometimes a third is enough). Without bigger clip, you can shoot 10 shots before shield and reloading, with larger clip you can shoot 15 shots before shield and reloading.

So it's not useless, but it is way less useful than it could have been, and other cards are probably a better fit now. I'm going with fade to black and professional probably, since recoil and spread of barrier are already good.