Author Topic: How did you defeat Marmalade in "The Beasts Lair" mission?  (Read 4240 times)

fonsana2

• View Profile
Just spent an entire hour of this mission just so I could advance in the campaign but still failed. Most of my team decided to just shot his eyes for the little bit of damage instead of activating this thing with olive since every time someone got near us Marmalade decided to spit out lava around the olive thing. Did anyone have a good Strategy on how to defeat him? I am so burned out I think I will play again in a week or so.

Deridus

• View Profile
Re: How did you defeat Marmalade in "The Beasts Lair" mission?
Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 09:06:55 PM
You have to shoot the eyes on the side and his face until he drops unconscious, when you'll have a short window to activate the machine without him vomiting you. To avoid Marmalade setting the floor on fire, you have to shoot the glowing protuberances in the arms until he takes them away as soon as possible, because if you fail, then they will remain until you knock him out again.

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 07:15:53 AM
So in short when you start the actual boss fight:

Wait and collect Aleph till the Machine reaches 100%

When it reaches 100% Shoot his right Eyeball.

When you do enough damage to his eyeball he will be knocked out and you will be able to transfer Alph into the Machine.
The Machine exposes his weak point and you shoot it.
Rinse and repeat.

Derrin Errow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 06:06:39 PM
I also highly recommend grabbing extra aleph during the first phase of the fight so that in the FINAL final part where you have to overload the pig to finish off Marmalade, you can get a headstart because they throw in a lot of elites and looters.

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 08:08:22 PM
the other explained it pretty well. So you'll need to shoot at a distance.

A recommendation for the future: press (and keep pressed) 2 on your keyboard so the ingame tips are more precise.

Watch youtube-videos or ask on discord in advance, before entering a new map, or it will be a pain.
Thanks for pulling through it though and asking, once you understand what to do, it will be way more fun.

Velgeder

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 08:44:25 AM
Shoot the faces with opened eyes, especially if you're having trouble getting Aleph in pig.  The main eyes don't take nearly enough damage as the eye opened faces.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 05:24:04 PM
Kuzman's blitzfaust right on the very edge when his face puffs out. Wrecks the shit out of him in addition to everyone pumping him full of bullets.