Author Topic: Character's country  (Read 4311 times)

Zopheyron

• View Profile
Character's country
on: March 22, 2019, 10:57:07 AM
Hello! I'm curious about the country inspiration of spacelord characters.
Konstantin seems russian, Kuzman (and Schneider?) seems German and Cortez spanish.

Other characters have a country that inspired character designer when make they them?

Viner

• View Profile
Re: Character's country
Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 12:30:24 PM
Now there will be illiterate English. I warned you!

"Konstantin seems russian"  - Licus  two times call Konstantine in Russian - Russkiy (Русский). Konstantine say Da - russia yes. (in the game there are a couple of Russian words Govno and Tovarishch- Shit and Comrade )

Licus  himself probably traveled in time and knows a lot of things. I think he has a collective image of the Americans. Cowboy calls him Ayana.

Hans and Kuzman have German names, but they are not necessarily Germans. Kuzman speaks with a German accent. Schneider can be from Austria or Switzerland (and Schneider knows Russian words).

Valeria has an English accent.
Ayana from Botswana.

Aneska apparently collective image. In the universe is written "crazy Russian woman."(In my language. Maybe there is a mistake) She has a Slavic name, but not Russian. Robot and Aneska are references to EVA 02 and Asuka from Evangelion, but Asuka was German.
Aneska can be for example Polish. Here the other day I came across the name of a Polish poetess Agnieszka Osiecka (Agneshka Osetska). My friends and I call Aneska as Aneshka -)

Poetpix

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 10:19:53 PM
yeah it is strange in a future space adventure to see any concrete nationality to the character, I mean most of them are divided up from their factions. That came from one big colonization of humans that classically as humans are tend to split politically. In Konstantin's case considering he is mostly robotic, his voice could just have came from something his brain was downloaded to. So his factory setting could just be that he got a russian voice. I don't know.

I think there is a lot that goes on in the background that we don't see in-game. For instance Ayana is said to work for hades, because in return hades faction pays her big bucks that she in turn give back to her hometown, a mining community. If we think about this, that means there's some form of society that has some kind of everyday life. If we go back to the archives and read about the first group of humans that came to the broken planet. They are a corporation that kept their findings a secret and was whisked away to deep space. If we then think about a corporation type society often a corporation (specially a technological based one) we could get diversity from all kinds of places around the world. They would hire all kinds of people that are the best of the best in their field of work, regardless of where they are born. That could be the root of where all the different nationality voices stem from. So imagine the first colony of people that were whisked to the broken planet a sort of mayflower if you will....

Or IDK maybe the voice actors were like lol this guy looks like he would rock a russian voice, Ima give him a russian accent. boom. Konstantin lives for mother fith council.

Omega_Man

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 05:37:57 AM
As an Australian, Im pretty sure Alicias accent suggests she's meant to be from here.
I guess Ayanas from the Caribbean too.

Velgeder

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 06:05:30 AM
As an Australian, Im pretty sure Alicias accent suggests she's meant to be from here.
I guess Ayanas from the Caribbean too.
Ayana is from Botswana... They actually say in game.