Author Topic: Iune or Aneska  (Read 3145 times)

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Iune or Aneska
on: March 15, 2019, 10:43:15 AM
After the weekly news of Aneska's arrival my Hype was literally over the Roof (well not literally) I was just so amped that I ended up purchasing the Bundle in the PS store. Almost immediately after using her my face went  from stoked to something like ...

And so I took a break for roughly 6 months while feeling disappointed, and only popping in every so often to peep over at Spacelords like a nosy neighbor behind the hedges. Now when Iune's Emnu Nadi & Blink appeared I was surprised as anyone else was to see it, and I have to admit I wanted it right then and there (i'm a little impulsive) but I was kind of "broke" so I forgot about it.
I always liked Iune, she like everyone else is very unique. But something about her was either missing or not interesting enough to focus on her as I would with other characters.

After that I heard about Valeria's skin and Weapon showing up on a Twitch stream and after seeing it and not winning a free skin and weapon I thought to myself "Probably all for the better cause that skin design looks dated and corny, like something from a 90's cyberpunk anime. I just want the Gun."

After that I ended up buying the Skin for Iune and farmed the Blink and I Have to say I wasn't dissapointed.

• Being able to Blink medium distances mid air or on the ground at those speeds
  • being able to blink while wounded (Please for the love of god don't remove that...please)
  • Heal Allies
  • Mind control simple AI
  • have an almost non existent stress bar
  • the fastest Aleph transfer capabilities (thanks to her species)
  • unhindered mobile speeds.
  • Crit Based Gun

Considering all of that while looking like an Actual alien (as apposed to a human with white hair) made me more excited to play Iune than I ever did with Aneska or Valeria.
I'm not kidding when I say that I decided to Main Iune after a match or two with those two things. It was the change or addition Iune needed for me.

Now why did I feel this way?
Because the Skin brought a new feel to the character and the Blink Synergies very well with her preexisting loadout. Adding something as bold as a medium range warp was the right decision to make. It brought fresh air to the Character without making her to dangerous and instead balanced her out more so than her other weapons.

This was a new Power given to her, not a simple weapon mechanic like ricocheting bullets or a sprinkle of healing when directed at an ally (which is boring as hell...but admittingly useful). I friend of mine said that nobody plays as Iune and that maining her is pointless, to which I replied I don't give AF! RIP to who ever runs into me as an Antag or Raider when using her.

I don't want to play a generic character with generic guns with (ONE) notable ability. If I wanted that I'd play Apex Legends (Never got into that). The only other character with almost this much versatility is Mikah with a Barrier.

This games selling point aside from its world is its characters, and if MSE continues to mix things up with there characters like that and things can only look up. The only other thing to handle after that is the world itself.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 11:03:18 AM by Angeles2099 »

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Re: Iune or Aneska
Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 10:51:20 AM
Hi Angeles2099!

Thank you very much for your concerns. We are happy you are having a nice time playing as Iune and even maining her ;D

We'll keep working to bring the best possible experience to you and that includes interesting characters like Sööma (we are sure you guys are gonna love her) and releasing new features that will improve the game.

See you "blinking" in the Broken Planet! ;)

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Re: Iune or Aneska
Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 11:27:55 AM
Thanks Karen! I'm looking forward to Sooma as it is. From what i'm able to remember we got a 2d drawing of her and concept art which has me speculating pretty hard. Probably going to be playing all weekend for thm faction points.
But anyway thanks again.