Author Topic: Loaht exploit  (Read 7335 times)

Victorray

• View Profile
Loaht exploit
on: January 19, 2018, 09:38:34 PM
Please fix this. The game is literally unplayable when you face an exploiting loaht. A soft patch shouldn't be that hard. I never call people out but in this instance it's to warn players of a ps4 player by the name of Pleyers who exploits with his friends. Please ban him and anyone else using this exploit and fast because it's ruining the game. People already don't want to be the antagonist, now there's incentive not to.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 09:41:25 PM by Victorray »

MSE_Amat

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Loaht exploit
Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 01:46:57 AM
There was a bug in the Tough talent that would make Loaht in Beast form survive for too long to its life degeneration. It was an unintended consequence and will be fixed on the patch coming next week.

Check this thread in the gameplay feedback forum: https://www.raidersofthebrokenplanet.com/community/index.php?topic=1142.0

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 09:38:46 AM
So the exploit makes sense to be fixed, but his beast time appears to have been nerfed *hard*.... I blew up due to the unexpected timer UI change and incredibly short time, he only gets a few seconds now?

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 07:07:05 PM
His timer was always ridiculously long to be perfectly honest. Though you're right in that you really have to keep an eye on it now. It's likely more in line with how it was intended. Honestly, asides from making him less glitchy who didn't expect him to get hit hard with a nerf bat?

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 12:59:16 AM
His timer was always ridiculously long to be perfectly honest. Though you're right in that you really have to keep an eye on it now. It's likely more in line with how it was intended. Honestly, asides from making him less glitchy who didn't expect him to get hit hard with a nerf bat?

It just kinda came without warning or discussion. The only talked about change, and confirmed here on the forums, was fixing the bug regarding his character card.

TBH, the UI change is was really threw me off. The old one was easier to pay attention to since it was a large bar right above his Raider status, easy to read, easy to see it go from green to red. I blew up when I was trying to figure out the new meter, in addition to having very little time to study it, while i'm in the middle of trying to flatten some Hades grunts.

And none of this is in the patch notes  :-\

Quanrian

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 05:02:03 AM
Yeah but it's the same UI for all the powers now and typically you want your UI to be less intrusive and smaller. So, while this wasn't mentioned specifically they did mention UI changes were coming. I would expect at least a few more somewhat noticeable changes.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 05:48:29 AM
His is more than just a power though, since his duration is directly tied to his health.

Stalk, bubble, or Hypnotism etc. having a small guage that's black and white and not really in your line of sight aren't gonna kill you and everyone near you when they run out. Beast gauge does.

Quanrian

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 06:28:52 AM
All the kewl kids say that Loaht is a real blast!

Victorray

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 07:23:56 AM
All the kewl kids say that Loaht is a real blast!
Really fun character and nice to have on the team, but that exploiting stuff really left a sour taste in my mouth. I had someone who would do it on my team and out of principal I didn't like it, because then it was ruining the experience for the antagonist, just way too easy for us and just plain boring

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Quanrian

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 27, 2018, 08:57:05 PM
Indeed, and there will always be tricks people employ to eliminate the challenge of facing an Antagonist. For instance, spawn camping me as a Loaht got me into playing Ginebra as a counter. For someone else, it might be changing their cards but it should be expected that as the game evolves so too do the players. There's a ton of depth in this game of less is more that isn't discussed enough because it gets side-lined by the more popular threads.

Ingrediente T

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 19, 2019, 07:24:26 PM
LOaht bug exploit. Pls MercurySteam, fix this before launching Skins for him.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/413426008