Author Topic: Wardogs usefulness in high MMR matches  (Read 3001 times)

NinMug

• View Profile
Wardogs usefulness in high MMR matches
on: March 09, 2019, 01:21:53 PM
Just my thoughts about current state of Wardogs in high difficulty matches.
In current state Wardogs are weakest faction in high difficulty matches(starting from 70).
They just dont have enough survivability and damage to be frontline shock troops. High MMR matches dictate more passive-ranged playstyle, going to cqc or trying to be agressive is death sentence when common grunt wound you with 4 bullets.
Regen is good on low-mid MMR matches but on high MMR it wont save you. Permanent stress is huge flaw in PVP, it gives big advantage to enemy players.
There is no point to pick them, in high difficulty matches they not offer any advantage. Even the opposite, they can make mission harder because most of time they just easy frag and waste a lot of lifes.
They just too high risk - low reward to play.
Most of time i feel like Local with permanent stress and low range guns.
I love Wardogs, they are my favorite faction,  i think i have 700-800hr on them. But they just unable to cope with their role. You can win with them surely, but you will have far more good and easy time with any other faction. For me its more easy to play on Locals than on Wardogs.
I have two buff options:
1) let them have 120 hp
2) reduce wound time by 10-20%
And other option is to add more mid-long range guns to all Wardog characters, like DPY and Bubble Gum.
Other factions have better time on high MMR, Wardogs are only in dire situation right now.
Again its about high difficulty matches, on low-mid (before 70) they are good.

NinMug

• View Profile
Re: Wardogs usefulness in high MMR matches
Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 01:26:23 PM
I forgot to mention Rak, he is only good pick, he can speed up, heal and damage from a far with his DPY. He is definitely most usefull Wardog now.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 08:11:36 PM
They're just gonna tell you some bs basically saying git gud lol.

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 10:19:11 PM
I think you are quite right. A Hades with cold blood is way tankier than a Hades fighter. I think it heals quicker, and 140hp make a difference.

I would think -20% downtime would be a great addition.

On the other hand, they partially have really nice weapons to make up for their other flaws.

Velgeder

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 07:50:20 AM
I agree, the wardogs healing becomes useless on higher mmr. They can take less dmg than the locals and die.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 08:28:58 AM
Yeah high AI difficulty games definitely show Wardog flaws. Back when 60% was nearly impossible in the days of glitched R&R, I was playing Alicia up in those difficulties and 1 shot from an elite commander, with pinpoint accuracy, sniping me from the air, while Sassy, and accross the map,.... I realized their regen doesn't matter if they are wounded and/or dead from 1 shot!

I gave Motivation a try back then and it stopped me from being 1-shot, but all of those wardog cards that require you being within x meters of allies are generally useless due to the short ranges they have.