Author Topic: Faction points problem for the 50th time  (Read 4455 times)

Tekato

• View Profile
Faction points problem for the 50th time
on: March 07, 2019, 01:13:42 AM
I know its not that hard to increase the faction point rewards from missions so can you please increase it to something more reasonable. I just spent 160k trying to get a card and didn't get it (what a surprise didn't see that coming at all) this will take so many hours/days to farm all over again because of how little faction points you receive. It gets even more annoying when there's an antag that ruins your score/rewards which are already so low. I'm honestly becoming more toxic the more I play this game.

Please I don't want to spend another week farming faction points just to get nothing. And that's me being generous, most people don't have that kind of time to grind a game.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 10:29:36 AM by MSE_Hellath »

MSE_Hellath

• PR Manager
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Re: Faction points problem for the 50th time
Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 10:35:29 AM
Hello.

First of all, please refrain from using swearwords. As you have been warned by other mods recently, consider this your final warning before earning a temporal ban if you persist in this attitude. I have edited your post accordingly.

Lastly, toxic behaviour is a reflection of someone's own personality, not something triggered by playing a game, watching a movie or reading a book. If you acknowledge yourself as toxic, then change, but don't attach blame elsewhere. Again, toxic behaviour will not be tolerated here, nor in the game.

Regards,
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 12:23:45 PM by MSE_Hellath »

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 04:32:53 PM
Dear MSE,
Please sell Gold and Faction point boosts (preferably effective for whole team). I will buy.

JustSomeGuy

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 08:34:46 AM
Hello.

First of all, please refrain from using swearwords. As you have been warned by other mods recently, consider this your final warning before earning a temporal ban if you persist in this attitude. I have edited your post accordingly.

Lastly, toxic behaviour is a reflection of someone's own personality, not something triggered by playing a game, watching a movie or reading a book. If you acknowledge yourself as toxic, then change, but don't attach blame elsewhere. Again, toxic behaviour will not be tolerated here, nor in the game.

Regards,

Pouring gasoline onto a fire are we? Well aren't you a talented PR manager ¯\(°_o)/¯

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 08:45:46 AM
I mean... Herraez is right. Players can give constructive criticism without acting like children about it. It's a problem most game communities seem to have, and this one is no exception.

But I do agree, the card and faction point system, in itself, is very flawed. We used to be able to play 1 game and make multiple card rolls from the points gained in that match. Now, it takes 3-5 games just to get enough faction for ONE roll, on ONE character, and chances are it won't give us what we are looking for.

But, I don't think the solution is just "more faction points" because there are more layers to the card problem. We keep getting more and more cards added in, saturating the shuffle pool, but we are still stuck with only 4 slots. We should be encouraged to play with and experiment with more cards and builds, but the current system MASSIVELY discourages us from doing that due to just how hard it is to get any specific card we want.

I would much rather have the option to buy a single card, at a higher price, than have the RNG chance to roll for it. Some players have spent 600-800k points looking for a single card on 1 character, because they are unlucky with the rolls. A system that allows that needs an overhaul.

That said, I feel like this affects long time players far more than it does new ones. New players can start rolling for a certain card as soon as they unlock it, while the rest of us already have everything open and a ton of cards to deal with. I don't think I will ever roll rare Explorers on Hive, since I have 3 other cards locked. A new player though would be able to roll for it much easier, since most of their cards would still be level locked. Newer players may not also see more than 4 cards they want to experiment with, they just always ask for suggestions and use what's most popular, or whatever they happen to roll first.

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 08:59:02 AM
That was the most intense and personal response I've ever seen from a Dev in this game, damn.
But all that aside, I agree that the Faction point distribution is a problem and can be handled better. Perhaps increased amount that reflect overall difficulty of the mission and vise versa for simple missions. Adding an Antagonist should show a visible indication on mission result showing how much was added ontop for encountering an Antagonist.

Whatever

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 09:59:01 AM
I think Draco is right. I’d love to be able to buy the cards outright (maybe with a roll on the XP boost if we need to keep some RNG) as that would allow me to try new builds or different styles of play. Currently it’s so prohibitive that I just don’t and stick with the cards I have.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 10:27:05 AM
Hello guys,

We truly understand your frustration and, as we commented before, we are working on a solution, but please keep in mind we are working on a lot of things coming in the next months. It's not as easy as it seems since big changes take time to be applied.

I just wanted to remind the shuffle system is going to be modified at some point, but I'll let the team know your last suggestions too. Thank you again for your patience!

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 11:32:22 PM
This games economy has been a mess for months. Promises are nice and all but eventually people will burn out if they think that the game doesn't respect their time.