Author Topic: The excessive price of the game  (Read 3757 times)

danipelorojo

• View Profile
The excessive price of the game
on: March 01, 2019, 11:38:29 AM
Good morning, I've been playing Spacelords for almost a year, and before that to Raiders of the broken planet.
And I have to say that when it became free to play, the game is more expensive than ever. Why? You will see the heart of the game are the characters, they are the ones who make us love this game, however 60% of them you will never play if you do not get money.
I dont know what this price system is for but playing 100 games (which last about half an hour) you will not get what a single character is worth.
But this goes far because if you think to put money you will have to spend € 20 on mercury points which does not reach you for a character of 180,000. Really if we add to this all the weapons and the rest of the characters the prices end up going up the walls. I would like to ask Mercury Steam if what they want is that we only play with a single character, if  its a HEROshooter a single hero ends up being boring. Please listen to my complaint and reemphasize if those prices are truly reasonable.

Today I stopped playing the game because I had bored of the few characters I had and to repeat the campaigns and then by starting to gain 1.5% of what a character is worth. Thanks for your time. I hope u will fix it

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Re: The excessive price of the game
Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 08:20:13 PM
Hey, a few thoughts: in the new video, there is a new currency displayed (no idea what it's good for).

Second: My problem with the money system is, that there is not incentive to spend real money, as things are too expensive for my taste. Most beginner skins looks (very objectively) better than the alternatives. Plus buying gold with real money would take the fun out of the game.

I'm looking forward to the new currency. I'm kinda grateful that the game is not pay to win, however I'm sorry for the devs that they didn't convince me to put up real money. I hope others will.

I understand that some people feel like they have to "grind" in order to get all the characters, but I have to ask, once you got the, what is the end-game? Grinding is like a boring thing, for me the normal (fun) gameplay brings enough gold and faction points to keep me going. (+ I always return to a few heroes I like, and don't play the new ones much)

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 02:09:50 AM
I'm not going to break it down, but your math is very much off.

With things like Bounty Hunter, and 1-time rewards, we gain gold faster now, more than ever before. Even without those things the gold grind is faster than ever, but factoring them in (as well as losses) is going to make "how many games it takes to get a character" a bit unpredictable.

What's worse now, is faction points, due to how many games it takes to make 1 roll to randomly get a bunch of cards you don't want.

I also played back when Ginebra was 360k and you could finish a mission and get NO reward so I say this with 100% confidence.

Whatever

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 08:56:21 AM
I think we also have to remember that this is a free to play game and the grind is there (to a degree) to encourage you to plonk down some cash for Mercury Points and convert that into gold.

It's the same economic model that most F2P games use one way or another.

I do get where you're coming from with the conversion for MP to gold though, that's a bit onerous yet ties into my point above.

Derrin Errow

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 04:12:36 PM
It also looks like with the identity update we might be able to get hefty chunks of gold at the end of each month based on scores on missions, I really want to get my bois Loaht and Doldren

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 08:07:51 AM
however 60% of them you will never play if you do not get money.

Mmm...? well no, not really that's if your either impatient and/or seeking to support growth in the game. Otherwise if you enjoy the game as one would you would set a goal to get a single character at a time by grinding (Yes grinding). But don't put all your focus on the time it'll take, not all characters are 180000 gold.

Overall though I think you forget that (Obviously) this is a free to play. Had this been a 60$ game plus the pricing of the Mercury Points than you'd have a valid argument. But its seems as though your not saving you gold as one should, otherwise you could most definitely start recruiting a character, like what, once a week? Idk but If your certain on leaving that I hope you change your mind in the future, peace.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 08:09:38 AM by Angeles2099 »

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 08:13:20 AM
You know I just realized there was other comments, you guys basically made my point more or less.