Author Topic: Character Voice Commands  (Read 2335 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Character Voice Commands
on: September 29, 2018, 01:51:53 AM
Have you guys thought about adding statements voiced by the character you are playing when you select one of the 4 commands in game? Maybe a few for each one.

Examples...

OK:
Hans = "Roger!", Alicia = "Wha' eyvah!", Konstantin = "Affirmative Comrade!", Harec = "Undertood!", Doldren = "mmm..indeed."

Help:
Laoht = "Can I get some fucking help here?", Shae = "Some assistance would be good!", Kuzzman = "Ach!", Valeria = "Assistants you peasants!"

Come with me:
Lucus = "Get yer' ass over here!", Schneider = "This way! Ya Ya!", Ayana = "You comin' mon?", Hive = "Ubabagabemetubekayaneeta!!!", Iune =  "The distant ones say you should follow me!"

Need Ammo:
Hans = "Ammo required!", Jinebra = "I'm dry!", Mika = "Mika  needs MORE AMOOOOOO!!!", Rak = "I'm out my frreind!"

Just a suggestion. Would add flavor and humor.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 01:57:14 AM by Level9Drow »

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Re: Character Voice Commands
Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 08:50:53 AM
This is a great one! Man, would that help, hearing a little ding accompanied by some texts doesn't drive me to give a shit if i'm being honest here. But hearing Lycus Dion say something like "My foot is about to drill a hole in your ass if you don't get over here" Will make me laugh a little and check out what the problem is.

Also to add on top of that Mercury should make so the further you are the more distant the quote sounds. Also it should block you from repeating the same line until the one you used finishes its sentence.

This bring to mind a moment when I was in a Mentor Match in Hanging by a Thread and the one level-1 player who was about to get there ass blown up by the stage where you shoot down the aircraft wasn't responding to the Dinging and you guessed it, he died. This happened each and every time you had to rush to the next stage of the mission.

I just stood there like

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 05:44:47 PM
That meme made me smirk when I saw it, but then when I saw it AFTER reading I laughed. So true!

As far as the distance go, they should do like Overwatch. So if the character is close enough to you that you would hear them if they spoke then their voices would sound natural. And if they were too far away they would sound as though they're on a headset. Same line, same soundbite, but just synthesizes to seem like it's on a headset, like they do now. If they're kind of far but not too far you would hear both; a small far away voice and the clear headset voice at the same time.

But what shouldn't change is the normal green test flashing on the screen saying "Help Me!" with a first aid sign, "Need Ammo!" with the bullets sign, "Come with Me!" with the shield chevron thing and the "OK!" with whatever accompanying symbol it had (I forgot). These should remain the same when the characters say their new voice lines with them.  That way when Hans little com picture pops up on the bottom of the screen and yells, "Gather on my position!" and the Chevrons flash on the screed with the word "Come with me" with a marker on the screen showing where the Hans player is other players will make no mistake as to what is being requested of them.

I think they may also be adding new ones. they said they were looking into it. Like "Stop Attacking!" and "Overload it with Aleph!".

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 09:30:01 PM
Oh, I hope they do. It'll make things clearer for every one. I saw someone the day who was using them properly when they needed it and when i helped every time so did the other two teammates. The rest of the mission felt good cause we actually started supporting each other, When one person wrung the Ammo signal we left one grunt alive, They Wrung the help we all charge in....it was awesome, although stuff like that is rare when your playing with randoms.

On a side note, those Intercoms...wouldn't it be a good idea if that gets used too or is that too much?

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 01:39:37 PM
Oh, wow! Those are cool ideas ;D I'll make sure to pass them to the design team. Thank you very much, guys!