Author Topic: Seriously  (Read 5678 times)

Tekato

• View Profile
Seriously
on: September 29, 2018, 01:25:50 AM
Do antagonists really need infinite 10 second revives? On top of endless hordes of enemies.. it's a bit ridiculous considering how many characters can 1 shot eventually  they will win since raiders have limited lives.

Tekato

• View Profile
Re: Seriously
Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 01:40:31 AM
Now i'm not saying they need to have limited lives too but something needs to be done about that respawn timer. Feels like i could kill antags a million times and it won't make a difference, they just come back a couple seconds later and sneak kill me or one of my team members.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 02:06:28 AM
15 second respawn *

+ however long it takes the game to actually materialize you. IF, it ever does, since that's a common glitch these days...
20 seconds out of the fight is a bigger hurdle than you may think. Have you ever been an antag?

reaperofsorrows7

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 02:19:44 AM
Wouldn't removing the level advantages in PvP encounters offset some of these issues?

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 03:03:08 AM
15 second respawn *

+ however long it takes the game to actually materialize you. IF, it ever does, since that's a common glitch these days...
20 seconds out of the fight is a bigger hurdle than you may think. Have you ever been an antag?
Yes I have antaged and it honetly feels like I'm cheating. As long as i get one kill each revive it's almost guarantee victory since the matches are usually over 15 minutes long. Plus when you're dead it doesnt mean the killings stop, usually the units get a few kills as well.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 06:38:59 AM
You were lucky to have easy opponents.

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 08:08:18 AM
You were lucky to have easy opponents.
My thoughts exactly. You need to invest in at least one Character till you know them in and out, getting stronger weapons, cards Etc. If your good you can hold down the Antag yourself but theirs nothing you can do about your teammates that freak out at the sight of an Antag or can't handle being put into *Survival*.

Never let Grunts spawn in too much just to get one single Antag kill, you need to balance the two. Focusing on the Antag too much leads to getting kill by Large amounts A.I, and on the opposite end too much attention on the A.I can open you up for a sudden attack from the Antag.

Just relax, help when others need you and push forward on the objective when theirs a clear opening to do so, rinse and repeat and you should be ok. If not just keep leveling up and soon you'll be paired with more competent Raiders.

Much like Dark Souls this game weeds out the weak lol, just kidding.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 08:55:43 AM
Doesn't matter how good the raiders are if you can just instant down them with ginebra, harec, lycus, ayana, H.I.V.E, valeria, Rak, etc lol. Antagonist get to see what characters the raiders pick so just pick someone that can counter them or at least shut down the biggest threat.

Agent-Z46

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 01:06:19 PM
How many handicaps do you want an Antagonist to have? The respawn time is super long, it's 4v1, there's no grunts to get ammo from. Would you be satisfied if they spawned without ammo or maybe just to be safe their limbs should be removed too?

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 29, 2018, 02:56:14 PM
How many handicaps do you want an Antagonist to have? The respawn time is super long, it's 4v1, there's no grunts to get ammo from. Would you be satisfied if they spawned without ammo or maybe just to be safe their limbs should be removed too?
Lol handicap? What handicap do antags have? You get to see the characters raiders pick, have infinite revives, infinite minions, and can pretty much see where all the raiders are before spawning. Unless you play like an idiot there's no way you won't get a kill or 2 before dying. There are a few maps where the minions spawns are pretty bad but not many like enemy within. The way i see it is 4v 99.

XenoBladeX-3

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 29, 2018, 03:39:49 PM
Less enemies spawn and they are weaker than normal. Ive gone up against lvl 400 antags and have one due to team communication. Its not hard

LoganMaze

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 01, 2018, 03:39:58 AM
don't worry too much about the horde of enemies, the game weakens them all in order to balance the game whenever there is an antagonist.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 01, 2018, 04:18:34 AM
don't worry too much about the horde of enemies, the game weakens them all in order to balance the game whenever there is an antagonist.

Not always, it depends on the raiders and whatever “skill gap” the game thinks there is with the antag, often enough the antag is given the same spawns that would normally occur without him, plus buffed ai.

In so many maps the antag has a ridiculous advantage, like Tekato said, it’s not really a 4v1…

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #13 on: October 01, 2018, 08:00:31 AM
They have the advantage because they chose wisely, thinking about what there up against. The mentality for each side is often played differently, a player playing as a Raider plays with the goal to level up, get gold/faction points and blueprints, Its in the name your in it to Raid. So your goal is so simple it's almost mind numbing if it weren't for the bosses and characters, put aleph in and kill grunts, that's it.

The Antagonist mindset is much more challenging as it requires you to be both merciless and patient. Have you ever thought of being an Antagonist and think I want to get Gold, Blueprint, Factions and Level up through these means...nope. It's much easier to do all that as a Raider. Those that Think of doing Antagonist want one of two this, to get there Antagonist affinity when they level up to get specific cards, (these antags are often the one who choose not to fight) and the other type is the kind that want to actually experience the thrill of a Hunt because hunting unpredictable and potentially powerful raiders beats the mundane A.I....and yes MS is right, it is thrilling once you get a solid feel for it.

If you don't want to die at the hand of an Antag start thinking like an Antagonist and beat them at there own game, You lose cause you think you can never get past the horde to reach an "OverPowered and Unbeatable" Antagonist. This game *IS* challenging but if you want to play
 laid back as the "food" ( Rewards) rolls in your mouth then it will remind you of that ever time as you suddenly get an Antag. I'm just saying, you cant have your cake and eat it too.

If I can ask of anything from MS is that when a Raider party has a hard won fight and comes out on top in any mission that they get  evalutated differently and receive an Abnormal reward for there very clear troubles. like did you die 30+ times with a skilled Antag and still came out on top, that's a 9.0 right there and what ever new reward they can think of.
....I don't know.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 01, 2018, 11:25:46 AM
They have the advantage because they chose wisely, thinking about what there up against. The mentality for each side is often played differently, a player playing as a Raider plays with the goal to level up, get gold/faction points and blueprints, Its in the name your in it to Raid. So your goal is so simple it's almost mind numbing if it weren't for the bosses and characters, put aleph in and kill grunts, that's it.

The Antagonist mindset is much more challenging as it requires you to be both merciless and patient. Have you ever thought of being an Antagonist and think I want to get Gold, Blueprint, Factions and Level up through these means...nope. It's much easier to do all that as a Raider. Those that Think of doing Antagonist want one of two this, to get there Antagonist affinity when they level up to get specific cards, (these antags are often the one who choose not to fight) and the other type is the kind that want to actually experience the thrill of a Hunt because hunting unpredictable and potentially powerful raiders beats the mundane A.I....and yes MS is right, it is thrilling once you get a solid feel for it.

If you don't want to die at the hand of an Antag start thinking like an Antagonist and beat them at there own game, You lose cause you think you can never get past the horde to reach an "OverPowered and Unbeatable" Antagonist. This game *IS* challenging but if you want to play
 laid back as the "food" ( Rewards) rolls in your mouth then it will remind you of that ever time as you suddenly get an Antag. I'm just saying, you cant have your cake and eat it too.

If I can ask of anything from MS is that when a Raider party has a hard won fight and comes out on top in any mission that they get  evalutated differently and receive an Abnormal reward for there very clear troubles. like did you die 30+ times with a skilled Antag and still came out on top, that's a 9.0 right there and what ever new reward they can think of.
....I don't know.

Umm idk if you've played high mmr matches but the AI gets pretty ridiculous and are often more of a threat than an antagonist. Saying that playing as a raider is mind numbingly easy with or without an antagonist is just wrong and clearly says that you haven't played this game very long. Also some maps like mind over matter, no reservations, low blow and the one to defend the protector, have some clear oversights where they can be cheesed by using valeria to pretty much lock down the small hallways or just killing the objective for easy win. MSE has a lot of work to do this antag system is just to easy to exploit.