Author Topic: Revise training/solo mode  (Read 3135 times)

DirtyD15

• View Profile
Revise training/solo mode
on: September 25, 2018, 06:26:11 AM
From what I’ve seen when new people or players that had the council campaign unlocked u had to get medals in order to play solo. So why should new players go through all that trouble just to be forced into quickly learning in PvP instead of playing at their own pace in solo. Instead why not have them play missions that they have unlocked and get medals there then use them to unlock campaign missions yet to be complete? Any comments?

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Re: Revise training/solo mode
Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 06:47:48 AM
I wouldn't know anything about the stuff your talking about unfortunately, when i started playing before the game was called Spacelords I simply purchased every mission. But it sounds like your bring up a valid point.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 01:09:24 AM
I kinda like this idea.

It makes no sense that you have to display mastery of a level *before* the game will allow you to play it solo, at your own pace. I do not understand the reason this change came about, and is the opposite of what should have happened. New players will find the game chaotic and hard to learn when thrust into multiplayer. Other players will just carry the burden and do everything, and noobs won't be able to learn like that. I played every mission solo before I ever did multiplayer, and it made me a better player, rather than cannon fodder running around like a headless chicken.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 02:19:39 AM
I kinda like this idea.

It makes no sense that you have to display mastery of a level *before* the game will allow you to play it solo, at your own pace. I do not understand the reason this change came about, and is the opposite of what should have happened. New players will find the game chaotic and hard to learn when thrust into multiplayer. Other players will just carry the burden and do everything, and noobs won't be able to learn like that. I played every mission solo before I ever did multiplayer, and it made me a better player, rather than cannon fodder running around like a headless chicken.

Agreed. It should unlock based on completions but the lowest difficulty should always be available. This way a player can practice as needed and once they clear it enough times in adventure mode the higher difficulty solo missions become available. This would allow veteran players to clear the mission in adventure mode first and then complete it solo on insane once, while new players could practice on novice before attempting it in adventure mode.

DirtyD15

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 07:46:34 AM
 Glad that I’m not the only one seeing this I feel new players won’t be discouraged from playing if they get an understanding of the game mechanics before jumping in

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 12:33:02 PM
Hi, guys!

Thank you very much for letting us know your concerns about the solo mode. I'll make sure to pass this suggestion to the design team to evaluate the options in the future.

Thank you again for bringing new ideas!