Author Topic: Match against Antagonist needs more balance  (Read 20072 times)

Nosfe

• View Profile
Match against Antagonist needs more balance
on: May 14, 2017, 11:02:58 PM
It exists the possibility that, as it is now, in the near future there is a problem with the Antagonist.
On the one hand, as some have commented, the rewards should be much better depending on the level of the antagonist and definitely better if there is an antagonist or not.
I have found that it can happen that when playing cooperative if a player int hte team does not perform very well is easy to lose against a more or less good antagonist, then people who have a good level will tend to play more as an antagonist, so new players will have an added difficulty and more possibility to be frustrated as it becomes difficult to successfully complete any mission. I think it will be vital that the matchmaking is really equitable or at the end the noobs will play mainly coop and become easily frustated and the elite mainly only as antagonist.

CosmonautCowboy

• View Profile
Re: Match against Antagonist needs more balance
Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 10:48:54 PM
...new players will have an added difficulty and more possibility to be frustrated as it becomes difficult to successfully complete any mission. I think it will be vital that the matchmaking is really equitable...
I agree. I had the same thought while playing, that this is one of those games that could become completely inaccessible to new players if there isn't enough of a playerbase, because all that will remain are the experienced people.

I think that's why it's important that the studio makes it very clear that there's a solo mode, and puts enough into it that there's something for everyone to enjoy. Also, I think it would be a good idea to launch with other multiplayer modes, like simple Deathmatch or Capture the Flag. That way it's not "just" an asymmetrical multiplayer game.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 10:52:43 PM by CosmonautCowboy »

rebelraider

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 03:17:35 AM
The second mission in the BETA doesn't even give rewards for playing Solo but does with Coop. The first mission gives 1000 Gold for completing solo.

I think they should give currency rewards based on the percentage of the mission completed even if you end up failing. Blueprints, obviously, should only be rewarded for completing it. The all or nothing reward system for Solo is a bit rough especially when you are first starting out and have no currency and thus only the default loadout.

If I remember correctly, you still got a percentage of the currency rewards even if you failed a coop mission as long as you got through the first checkpoint. That is how I would like to see it work for Solo.

Antagonist also need to be rewarded with something other than leaderboard positions unless that green Sigil can been converted into currency or other items in the Full game. The same with playing as Raiders, Antagonists should get a percentage of currency rewards based on how well they do at keeping the raiders from completing the missions or based on the number of raiders they've killed.

Nosfe

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 06:56:58 PM
Before anything else let me say that I think Revenant didn't do nothing wrong. He played well and fair. BUT, this video shows my point on experienced players being the antagonist and possibly frustating newbies game due to unbalance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH3DPtvajDI

Kid Dracula

• Vampire Overlord
  • MercurySteam Developer
  • Enough Talk! Have at you!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 03:53:16 PM
Thanks for the insight. We will be looking at improving this aspect in subsequent beta tests.