Author Topic: Real-time replayable Tutorials  (Read 2562 times)

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Real-time replayable Tutorials
on: September 23, 2018, 09:23:44 AM
Hey Mercury,
Remember the training tutorial way back when with Harec, I think a more in depth version of this is the best way to go for up and coming players and for veterans alike who want to brush up on some basic & advanced Techniques/Mechanics. I know making a video on the basics is quicker and cheaper to do than creating a short series of missions but few games do this right and the ones that do help transition new players into badass players. And I want Spacelords to be like that too.

Now just like anywhere else, you can cram a lot of informational videos, images, and texts into our head in order to learn something new, but I think we  (Mainly new players) also need them to be put into practical, in-game use all while being guided Step-by-Step more so than the original Harec tutorial once did.

Anyway, Valeria. The one woman killing machine who gains most of her skills through simulations is a great outlet for doing what I just mentioned. With this we can use an open ended set of short missions that don't need to be connected to the story at all and can be revisited at any time.

What you can do with the current "Training Solo" mode is rename it into something simple like "Mission Practice". When a new player loads up, you can have the character model of Cortez be there ready to greet the player and direct them to a scenario that can teach them (The player) a thing or two about the game that he can't himself (Being that he’s a pilot who has never actually been on the field in the same capacity as any other Raider). In this series of Tutorials Valeria herself will not be playable but will instead be the one asking question a new player themselves would want to know and Sarah the simulation A.I. will give the solution.

Valeria will be at a point of her life where combat and information on the broken planet is somewhat new to her and Sarah will introduce herself to the Valeria (the player) and show her what to expect as the player follows the steps laid out. Any other function other than basic free movement will be disabled and or hidden until you reach the steps needed to learn about them.

Sarah introduces herself to Valeria and guides her in the form of a familiar Council member.

Basics - Konstantin (Mandatory Mission)
Faction Deck
Character Deck
Forge Skill
HUD
General weapon description
Ammunition
Grunts
The Dangers of allowing too many grunts to spawn.

Sarah scans Council database for a combat oriented unit.

Combat - Reborn Alicia (Mandatory Mission)
Grapple
Dodge
Strike
Combat prediction
Regaining Ammunition
Aleph -Informs Valeria/Player of Aleph from records in Database.
Aleph Boost
Character Ability
Learn strengths and weaknesses of a certain faction

Sarah emulates the most prominent species on the broken planet and there ability to survive.

Survival - Harec (Optional)
Sprinting
Sliding
Taking Cover
Stress-Hiding/running/combat
Enemy Awareness
Looking out for team mates in need of help.
Learn what to do when deciding to stray from the team and what to look out for.
Taking Damage
Wounded
Warnings
Lives
Beluga’s Aleph
Respawn Time
Lives Reset with gold

Sarah warns Valeria of a Legendary outlaw who’s last known coordinates were on the broken planet and what to expect of him.

Advanced - Lycus Dion
Mission Objective
Mechanisms - Overload,Charge,destroy 
Mission timer
Protecting - Bomb,Protector,Schnieder
Status Types - Fire, Electricity, Push, Pull, Immune, Healing, Etc
Enemy weak points -Beholder,Bosses,Head-shots
Elites
Bosses
Boss Health
Boss abilities
Anatgonist
Antagonist infinite lives
Antagonist speed up revive when Raider chooses lives reset.
Gold
Faction points
Blueprints
XP boosts
Affinity Cards
Equilibrium

So, What do you think?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 08:39:47 AM by Angeles2099 »

Angeles2099

• View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Re: Real-time replayable Tutorials
Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 08:37:16 AM
I'm just Bumping this in the hopes that MS reads/glances at it.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 12:31:48 PM
Hi again Angeles2099,

Thank you for taking the time to write down these ideas. They are really interesting and I'll make sure the team read them  :D

Angeles2099

• View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 07:51:55 PM
Thanks again Karen, I honestly appreciate it.