Author Topic: Hive advice?  (Read 7034 times)

Onionsunleashes

• View Profile
Hive advice?
on: September 14, 2018, 05:42:00 PM
just bought this character and was wondering mainly what some of her good cards are.  at first glance seems like she has good survivability oriented cards is dps any good? Main reason I ask about the cards is I don't want reroll something that's worthwhile

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Hive advice?
Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 05:58:35 PM
if you play her more as a raider get the card Stroma, it heals allies at a good distance. I'm still trying to get the rare version which is considerably more better than the common.

Skyline

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 06:04:52 PM
Hive very "clear" character bcs one setup is very effective and all around:
Ofc you can use wasp, dominant biomass and regen while running,Corrosive pheromones awesome as well and none force you make build like this...but all other combinations a bit less effective :) 146% :D

Weapon : Shy
Dog Card : latent epimorphosis (epimorphosis) -some lvl req.
HIVE card : Explorers

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 06:15:24 PM
Oh Skyline, that's EXACTLY my build LOL. Wow.

Latent Epimorphosis gets health back quickly when shot, Explorers improves the reach of her infection and Shy, well..it's Shy, her best weapon.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 06:17:35 PM by Level9Drow »

NinMug

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 08:06:24 PM
Same build but i have 35 health regen, not Latent Epimorphosis.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 08:09:48 PM
I have never rolled an epimorphis card. I run Irate on Hive and beat the hell out of everything. Since she has her own form of healing, she doesn't honestly rely on healing cards as much as other wardogs.

I have a lot of Hive antag videos, running Irate and various different character cards. Not as many videos as raider
https://www.youtube.com/user/LordDraco3/videos

But she is extremely diverse in what you can do with her, depending on your play style. All of her weapons are good, but not everyone will like the same ones. Shy is my favorite gun in the game though, for sure.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 08:35:54 PM
Irate is probably good for antaging. I want to replace Explorers with Rare Stroma, but I'm not having any luck. I think that with Raceme you don't need Explorers so you can have a Stroma bodyguard build with her, with that weapon at least. As a raider this seems like it would be really good to help allies and heal them 70 health. Because I notice that I have far less moments I actually use the stored essence than I would think. I could just save it for allies who are low on health.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 09:01:47 PM
Stroma is always awesome on raider. I use it with Shy and just spam heal with 1 tic of meter, so I don't overheal but Stroma triggers and heals nearby teammates. Can be seen in my only video showcasing the weapon as a raider.

Do not use Explorers with Raceme, it is a wasted card because it gives no benefit at all.

Onionsunleashes

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 09:13:00 PM
Thanks everyone for the tips I'll try them out. Also I threw your YouTube channel a sub Draco

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 09:36:57 PM
Thanks everyone for the tips I'll try them out. Also I threw your YouTube channel a sub Draco

I have to remember to do that as well if I haven't already. I watch his stuff a lot to.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 15, 2018, 01:11:48 AM

Onionsunleashes

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 16, 2018, 08:22:17 PM
Still trying to get the recommended cards but even without them shy is an awesome gun. Also while back I posted about character threads and this one has been a prime example of what I was talking about a lot of knowledge and even some good video links

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 16, 2018, 11:04:03 PM
I wish he didn't recommend Corrosive Pheromones. It's really not that good of a card. I had it locked down for a long time but 10% more damage is jut really not gonna be noticeable in any situation.