Author Topic: Here is my thoughts/feedback from PS4 version  (Read 4626 times)

bwaksy

• View Profile
Here is my thoughts/feedback from PS4 version
on: May 14, 2017, 04:03:16 AM
English is not my first language. I've never done this kind feedback thing before.

The menu is lovely, navigation is very smooth.

The tutorial guides are very fun to read, cool and easy to understand, they provide something to do while matchmaking.

Voice chat setting in audio settings is not translated.

In my first game i obviously could not understand a thing.

But is was very FUN for me, because it was instantly hard.

The fact that there is a rating screen right after the mission to evaluate the performance is very cool. I love ratings because they give me something to work for and improve my game. They keep the game from getting dull.

I just love the controls. Everything feels so smooth and for now there is no incentive to play CLAW or buy SCUF/Xbox Elite controller like in almost every modern game now (Destiny, CoD, GeoW and many more).

The camera sensitivity is probably unfinished, but i like that right now you can't turn or aim significantly faster than default speed even on max sens. Max and default sensitivity settings difference is so low it makes me wonder why is it even there. And lowest sensitivity is so low it is hardly playable.

Personally I just love when games restrict these sort of things because it keeps everyone on equal level, equal level of difficulty and challenge.

My vote would be with either one meticulously tested and tuned aiming and turning sensitivity for everyone or making different aiming and turning sensitivities to be tied to different characters just like movement speeds.

I just love how intuitive the controls are!

I love the restricted lives and the feeling of difficulty and challenge that they provide. It feels incredibly fresh and fun. Because modern games tend to stick to the "revive" mechanic. But the problem of conventional unlimited co-op revives approach is that failures are not transparent enough and they do not hit hard enough for the player to care, player fails to feel the challenge and so he is not motivated to play more cautiously, that means player don't focus on the gameplay as much and they feel bored in the end. In contrast, performance rating at the end of the mission and limited lives elevate the gameplay experience because there is always something at stake and that makes the game very fun. As a result I really want to play this game more and get better at it.

Sniping is fun, love the "window with increased damage" mechanic and projecting ability.

I think the fact that player has started the matchmaking needs to be more OBVIOUS, right it's kinda subtle and there is a lot of people going away from console because of it.

The menu prompt when the game is finally found also needs to be VERY NOTICEABLE, think something like police car flickering contrast lights. Why? Because people could play the game with the headphones on and when the matchmaking takes too much time they remove the headphones and don't hear the sound. But if their screen starts to go crazy with flickering lights when the game is found there is a higher chance that they will notice it and start to pay attention instantly.

I would have never found that SOLO switch in the upper right corner of the screen if not for this forum.

I liked how camera moves a little by itself when the player is in "down but not out" state. Why? Because usually players lose their focus when they go into down but not out state, why they do this? Because there is usually nothing to do while they wait for the regen to kick in, but fighting the camera during that state gives player something to do and helps to stay focused on the game.

I love the fact that i can see the gun up close in detail while i aim (instead of character shoulders), you took something nice about FPS games and transported it into TPS.

Incredible stylized 3D graphics, i like it.

The little things, like the fact that i can see the names of the enemies that i've killed are really cool, they keep me more engaged.

SOLO is a lot easier than CO-OP play and there is no rating in the end, because of this i really don't want to play solo at all after i experienced the co-op.

Recorded this bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0QEsAnukh4

So far from what I've played i think you got stellar game here. It is just really sweet from the gameplay prescriptive. I really hope that you will manage to make it popular enough in today's very competitive modern console and PC gaming market  :'(

bwaksy

• View Profile
Re: Here is my thoughts/feedback from PS4 version
Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 04:11:05 AM
Another thing that i like to add:
When i select a mission in a mission select menu on the left side of the screen and then click on it, The dialog window with confirmation if i really want to start the mission appears on the right side of the screen and i have to guide my cursor all the way across. It takes some time on console. It should be a lot faster!
Playing Destiny have teached me one thing: little navigation hiccups like this one will get really frustrating over time in games with very high re-playability.

Kid Dracula

• Vampire Overlord
  • MercurySteam Developer
  • Enough Talk! Have at you!
    • View Profile
Re: Here is my thoughts/feedback from PS4 version
Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 04:14:57 PM
Well, we hope with our community helping us improve the game that we can make something really special together. Thanks for taking the time to post!