Author Topic: Today on Harec and Friends: All the Aleph you can carry  (Read 11510 times)

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Re: Today on Harec and Friends: All the Aleph you can carry
Reply #15 on: October 04, 2018, 08:37:24 PM
Harec is good all the time thooooo. 

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 04, 2018, 08:46:40 PM
You just have to know how to use him.  He is one if not THE most advanced characters in the game.  He is amazing, once his mechanics click and you have a little card support.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 04, 2018, 09:49:34 PM
I think new people are used to the paradigm of a traditional FPS/shooter and don't realize how to use him. I often see new players NEVER use his special ability. Even intermediate players never use his ability hardly.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 04, 2018, 09:58:54 PM
It is all about that stalk.  And to be a good raider you need card support or the ignis because of efficiency. 

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 04, 2018, 10:25:43 PM
Skyline does have a point, harec generally when used by most ppl as a raider sucks, he is almost always a liability, however as an antag even a bad harec can be a pretty big annoyance. Worst part is nowadays there’s almost always a harec on the team, basically a man down.

MS did good when they increased the lvl requirements for some of the aliens, but they should have done so for harec, in fact he should probably be the alien with the highest lvl requirement.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 04, 2018, 10:33:02 PM
I don't disagree for level requirement.  Shae should be the free one. Harec should be later.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 04, 2018, 11:07:27 PM
Skyline does have a point, harec generally when used by most ppl as a raider sucks, he is almost always a liability, however as an antag even a bad harec can be a pretty big annoyance. Worst part is nowadays there’s almost always a harec on the team, basically a man down.

MS did good when they increased the lvl requirements for some of the aliens, but they should have done so for harec, in fact he should probably be the alien with the highest lvl requirement.

Except they couldn't do this since Harec is tied to the in-game tutorial that every new player has to play before playing online. Oh, wait.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: October 04, 2018, 11:22:03 PM
It is all about that stalk.  And to be a good raider you need card support or the ignis because of efficiency.

I'm a wall camping Harec. I use Aura Mortis and card Habitation and the card that refunds the bullet on a kill (forgot it's name). It's not great for PvP at all, but it's great for PvE. The Aura Mortis doesn't lite your Aleph up when you shoot it so they don't instantly know where you are when you shoot it and when I kill something I get the bullet back and 40% of my stalk refunded. So I just pick the highest point and never move and snipe everything. It's fun but terrible against enemy snipers, LOL.

zeroisnine

• View Profile
Reply #23 on: October 11, 2018, 02:50:44 AM
I don't disagree for level requirement.  Shae should be the free one. Harec should be later.

New player here. The only time I ever played Harec was once when I tried Antag, and once when the game glitched and wouldn't let me select someone and defaulted me to Harec.

Yes. It's also a bit bizarre that there is no standard mid-range rifle well-rounded character to start new players on. It's cool that all the starting characters are new and quirky, but the system is quite different enough as is alongside novel character archetypes.

I would suggest just have a default generic that is available to all players at the start. Can't be upgraded with cards or get blueprints, maybe splits faction points across all factions, and don't even give it a special power.

Just a vanilla rifleman character that everyone is familiar with so it's one less thing to learn.

I also thing Hans is a better starter than Lycus, but that's less of an issue.

Lancer

• "Do what you will, you'll do it anyway"
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: October 22, 2018, 05:32:23 AM

New player here. The only time I ever played Harec was once when I tried Antag, and once when the game glitched and wouldn't let me select someone and defaulted me to Harec.

Yes. It's also a bit bizarre that there is no standard mid-range rifle well-rounded character to start new players on. It's cool that all the starting characters are new and quirky, but the system is quite different enough as is alongside novel character archetypes.

I would suggest just have a default generic that is available to all players at the start. Can't be upgraded with cards or get blueprints, maybe splits faction points across all factions, and don't even give it a special power.

Just a vanilla rifleman character that everyone is familiar with so it's one less thing to learn.

I also thing Hans is a better starter than Lycus, but that's less of an issue.
lets have cortez be the "average guy" character and his ability  would be a generic grenade, and blue prints gives him new grenades like a molotov or a cryo nade?