Author Topic: My thoughts after a few hours || PS4  (Read 4895 times)

Smooth

• View Profile
My thoughts after a few hours || PS4
on: May 13, 2017, 11:36:25 PM
So I was able to play the prologue and things went fine throughout that. The sniper seems to be a decent character who does good damage so long as you hit your headshots and I think the melee system is cool but finding good opportunities to do melee kills as a means of strategy for completing the missions is a different story. I understand that with more time and some practice I could avoid all of the "Fails" and to land initial strikes you want to surprise enemies because the stagger is real if the enemies attack first.. but I do feel a sharper movement option or some stagger invincibility on your grapple would be nice.

The second mission, "hanging by a thread" went fine on my first attempt with some matchmade players. I continued with the sniper character.  A quick mention about him, and let me say that I will prefer 1000% to play this game on pc, but on ps4 and with a controller.. the scoped sensitivity is so slow that you cannot shoot a moving target. More precisely, you cannot 'track' a moving target. In essence you are relying on the auto target aim assist  and the enemies to stand still to hit your shots.  I also found the part in the Hanging by a Thread mission as you are waiting for the elevator to be extremely difficult. The team was constantly on respawn as we were zerged by (I'm guessing) 20 plus bots directly in front of the elevater with only two boxes and a barricade to hide behind. At that point it didn't take long for the enemies to just overwhelm you.. and if you strayed from cover the gunship would destroy you. Overall.. not a fun encounter or time being swarmed and none of the characters that I've seen can really sustain and deal enough AoE damage to make that encounter easy.

Finally, we made it down the elevator and enabled the reactors. This is where a bug occurred. One of the reactors was deactivated by an engineer and after clearing the area we couldn't start that last reactor again. After walking around the area for a time looking for some prompt the game eventually crashed.  Upon relaunch I made the mistake of rejoining the already bugged out match  I was in.. and a second after spawning I crashed again. Now is where a suggestion could be made. After I tried to launch the game a 3rd and 4th time, the game automatically pulled me into that game again and again with subsequent crashes. My recommendation, remove that auto join feature and always ask if the player would wish to reconnect.

Last paragraph. I tried another match eventually with an enemy player on the opposite team. This player was clearly skilled already and farmed the heck out of us.. but I cannot remember a more frustrating experience than trying to deal with that player on top of all of the AI with all of the staggers and damage they put out. Not to mention, because this was a skilled player and we didn't make it past the first section of Hanging by a Thread, that I cannot imagine ever being able to make it through the more difficult sections with an Antagonist like that. I don't know what to say other than he/she did a good job in pissing me off.  I didn't even get to attack her much to see if she went down easily or not. I didn't even get to attack her much to see if she went down easily or not. But that's all I have. Nothing can really be taken from that experience other than that I was inexperienced.

Thank you for the key. I hope to try again on PC when the game has a bit more polish.

Smooth

• View Profile
Re: My thoughts after a few hours || PS4
Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 12:32:45 AM
Also, I'm not a fan of the gaming aiming going wonky when at critical health. Perhaps it can be rethought if not removed.

CosmonautCowboy

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 12:45:50 AM
Also, I'm not a fan of the gaming aiming going wonky when at critical health. Perhaps it can be rethought if not removed.
I agree, you're already virtually incapacitated, there doesn't seem to be much point in having the screen go all red and have the camera start bouncing around on you.

Kid Dracula

• Vampire Overlord
  • MercurySteam Developer
  • Enough Talk! Have at you!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 04:18:56 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Smooth! We will improve the game over the next beta session so please jump in again and let us know what you think!